d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1148149150151152443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 24 2018 01:19pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 03:10pm)
you honestly don't believe that the increased scrutiny could dissuade anyone from going for the job?

again tho, i just have to laugh at your utter legal ignorance. if a judge wants cash, especially one with his history, they join a firm in the private sector to consult on how cases work in appellate courts with regards to specific judges. their time on the bench is worth millions to the right firms, hundreds of thousands of dollars? lol. taking a 200k salary is a public service in and of itself, keeps the secrets they know secret.

correct, and if they are dissuaded, they probably have something in their past that warrants their choice in being dissuaded.

it's not just the $ (though six figures is no small chunk of change), it's the power, it's the influencing history/culture. that specific part of kavanaugh's statement that i criticized is a slap in the face to sexual assault victims, he used the word "threat", as if the VICTIMS are the one who are the bullies, it's absolutely disgusting to me. and he shouldn't of went there, just looking for pitty points like I said.
Sep 24 2018 01:20pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 03:19pm)
correct, and if they are dissuaded, they probably have something in their past that warrants their choice in being dissuaded.

it's not just the $ (though six figures is no small chunk of change), it's the power, it's the influencing history/culture. that specific part of kavanaugh's statement that i criticized is a slap in the face to sexual assault victims, he used the word "threat", as if the VICTIMS are the one who are the bullies, it's absolutely disgusting to me. and he shouldn't of went there, just looking for pitty points like I said.

have, oops*

I probably need a break from here lol
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 24 2018 01:22pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 01:57pm)
I want Dr. Ford to be telling the truth, if Dr. Ford is telling the truth then Kavanaugh is guilty of sexual assault/attempted rape. Spin it however you want. I think it's amusing.

I'm not spinning anything. You said you hope Kavanaugh is guilty - which were your direct words.

If he's guilty, that means he sexually assaulted a woman. 35 years ago.

You are actively rooting for a sexual assault to have taken place if you WANT Brett Kavanaugh to be guilty.
Sep 24 2018 01:23pm
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 24 2018 03:22pm)
I'm not spinning anything. You said you hope Kavanaugh is guilty - which were your direct words.

If he's guilty, that means he sexually assaulted a woman. 35 years ago.

You are actively rooting for a sexual assault to have taken place if you WANT Brett Kavanaugh to be guilty.

How can I root for something that already happened? lol, I don't get that logic.

I do see what you're trying to say, and it's an insincere "gotcha".
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 01:24pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 01:19pm)

perhaps you should entertain the idea that Kav is being attacked by a claim he continues to say never happened. Not that he was at the party, things got rough, but he didnt rape her. He's stating outright that this is a fabricated lie, and he never was at the party, period.

maybe that's why he's saying he's a victim, because being falsely accused with no proof is being victimized.

and maybe that's what he thinks could dissuade other people, because the country is now so polarized that you can be attacked with lies.

again, this is all from HIS perspective. as compared to YOUR perspective, in which you bastardize everything he said because you're already convinced he's guilty. your inability to step outside of your own shoes really is odd. get a fucking grip man.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 24 2018 01:25pm
Sep 24 2018 01:34pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 03:24pm)
perhaps you should entertain the idea that Kav is being attacked by a claim he continues to say never happened. Not that he was at the party, things got rough, but he didnt rape her. He's stating outright that this is a fabricated lie, and he never was at the party, period.

maybe that's why he's saying he's a victim, because being falsely accused with no proof is being victimized.

and maybe that's what he thinks could dissuade other people, because the country is now so polarized that you can be attacked with lies.

again, this is all from HIS perspective. as compared to YOUR perspective, in which you bastardize everything he said because you're already convinced he's guilty. your inability to step outside of your own shoes really is odd. get a fucking grip man.

that is absolutely a possibility, but I'm just going by history, how many times have we seen prominent politicians/political people (both right and left wing) deny sexual assault allegations repeatedly only to find out they were in fact lying the whole time? that's usually how it goes and it's not the other way around (i.e. people getting caught for falsely accusing a politician or someone in the political fray of sexual assault/sexual misconduct) and in this case, Kavanaugh would have every motive to lie as like you stated earlier and I essentially agreed with (you said 100%, I'm more in the 99% camp) that there is seemingly no way to prove he did it.

Also, Ronan Farrow put his name behind these accusations, I don't take that lightly. I find him very credible.

BUT DOn't get me wrong, Kavanaugh has every right to maintain his innocence though if he's innocent. The rest of the statement was fine. I just had a problem with that specific part that I bolded in his statement and I think I backed that up...
Sep 24 2018 01:36pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 03:34pm)
that is absolutely a possibility, but I'm just going by history, how many times have we seen prominent politicians/political people (both right and left wing) deny sexual assault allegations repeatedly only to find out they were in fact lying the whole time? that's usually how it goes and it's not the other way around (i.e. people getting caught for falsely accusing a politician or someone in the political fray of sexual assault/sexual misconduct) and in this case, Kavanaugh would have every motive to lie as like you stated earlier and I essentially agreed with (you said 100%, I'm more in the 99% camp) that there is seemingly no way to prove he did it.

Also, Ronan Farrow put his name behind these accusations, I don't take that lightly. I find him very credible.

BUT DOn't get me wrong, Kavanaugh has every right to maintain his innocence though if he's innocent. The rest of the statement was fine. I just had a problem with that specific part that I bolded in his statement and I think I backed that up...

and there's the thing that he already committed perjury (by some counts, up to three or four times) before this whole Dr. Ford thing went public, which further makes me believe he'd be comfortable lying under oath a fourth or a fifth time.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 24 2018 01:39pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 02:23pm)
How can I root for something that already happened? lol, I don't get that logic.

I do see what you're trying to say, and it's an insincere "gotcha".

We don't know if it happened. By actively rooting for a guilty verdict you are cheering for sexual assault.

Why is this hard to grasp?
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 01:40pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 01:34pm)

yeah you backed it up by saying "as if the victims are the bullies" about a situation where the guy is saying these "victims" are lying and bullying me. you're showing your mental state, which is one where you're incapable of actually seeing Kav as potentially innocent. you're judging his statements as if he's guilty.

if you're going to judge a statement for sincerity you have to judge it from their perspective. if you want to judge it for political points then sure, you could say Kav is pandering for a bit of pitty. but from HIS perspective he deserves pity as a falsely accused man.

i have been falsely accused of sexual assault, simply because i was at a party with a girl who ended up getting roofied by some douche bag. and i didnt even have sexual contact with her, it was just a rumor run wild. she actually puked and slept in her own car. being falsely accused of a horrible crime does make you feel like a victim, you're just too much of a biased hack for that to even factor into your statements.
Sep 24 2018 01:48pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 03:40pm)
yeah you backed it up by saying "as if the victims are the bullies" about a situation where the guy is saying these "victims" are lying and bullying me. you're showing your mental state, which is one where you're incapable of actually seeing Kav as potentially innocent. you're judging his statements as if he's guilty.

if you're going to judge a statement for sincerity you have to judge it from their perspective. if you want to judge it for political points then sure, you could say Kav is pandering for a bit of pitty. but from HIS perspective he deserves pity as a falsely accused man.

i have been falsely accused of sexual assault, simply because i was at a party with a girl who ended up getting roofied by some douche bag. and i didnt even have sexual contact with her, it was just a rumor run wild. she actually puked and slept in her own car. being falsely accused of a horrible crime does make you feel like a victim, you're just too much of a biased hack for that to even factor into your statements.

False
Again, I admitted the possibility Kavanaugh could be innocent, I'm just giving you my opinion of what happened/what is happening.
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 24 2018 03:39pm)
We don't know if it happened. By actively rooting for a guilty verdict you are cheering for sexual assault.

Why is this hard to grasp?

lol, I don't have anything more to say other than I'm not an advocate of sexual assault/sexual misconduct. The fact that I voted for Hillary and not the current Pussy-grabber-in-chief should pretty much confirm that.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1148149150151152443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll