d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1147148149150151173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
May 24 2019 11:18am
Quote (IceMage @ May 24 2019 01:12pm)

This shows how ridiculous it is for Bill Barr to go after the origins of the investigation. The Trump campaign itself, institutionally, agreed in real time with the conclusion of the investigation.

William Barr should go after the origins of the Mueller probe, for no other reason than it was a complete waste of tax payers money, a complete travesty of justice.
Just because the Trump WH agrees with the results of the investigation, does NOT mean the investigation was EVER justified.
Gold: 0.00
May 24 2019 12:33pm
Quote (Ghot @ May 24 2019 12:18pm)
William Barr should go after the origins of the Mueller probe, for no other reason than it was a complete waste of tax payers money, a complete travesty of justice.
Just because the Trump WH agrees with the results of the investigation, does NOT mean the investigation was EVER justified.

if the investigation wasn't justified, why was Trump trying so hard to get Mueller off his tail, he basically obstructed the investigation by doing that, Elizabeth Warren talks about it in more detail below:

forgot to embed

This post was edited by GodSmiter on May 24 2019 12:34pm
Gold: 22,164.69
May 24 2019 01:26pm
so... source: ass.
quite possibly complete bullshit, and they've been wrong before, but given the specificity and claim of imminent proof, its worth mentioning;

If true, that would explain the origins of the Flynn unmasking saga, and it would also constitute a direct violation of the entire point of the firewall between domestic politics and international surveillance that masking was supposed to accomplish. And of course, not necessarily a 'crime'.
Gold: 5,016.77
May 24 2019 01:55pm
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2019 02:26pm)
so... source: ass.
quite possibly complete bullshit, and they've been wrong before, but given the specificity and claim of imminent proof, its worth mentioning;

https://i.imgur.com/c9cyH7E.png

If true, that would explain the origins of the Flynn unmasking saga, and it would also constitute a direct violation of the entire point of the firewall between domestic politics and international surveillance that masking was supposed to accomplish. And of course, not necessarily a 'crime'.

If transition officials are interfering in US foreign policy, I don't see how it's improper for the UN ambassador to unmask the American names to understand the full context.

I'm going to put this in the same nothingburger bucket as "after opening a counter-intelligence investigation until George Papadopoulos, the FBI actually used investigative techniques".
Gold: 22,164.69
May 24 2019 02:08pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 24 2019 01:55pm)
If transition officials are interfering in US foreign policy, I don't see how it's improper for the UN ambassador to unmask the American names to understand the full context.

I'm going to put this in the same nothingburger bucket as "after opening a counter-intelligence investigation until George Papadopoulos, the FBI actually used investigative techniques".

Masking was created for the purpose of protecting US citizens from foreign surveillance and insulating domestic politics from our intelligence apparatus.
Besides the lengthy walls of texts I already wrote explaining the legal and ethical quandaries of the Obama-Trump transition slapfight that you only see from an absolutist angle, besides all that- if this is true then it would be a clear example of Samantha Power abusing her unmasking power to interfere in domestic politics and breaching the system of trust we put in place so that our intelligence community can function without being tainted by political influence. Because somehow whenever Trump farts in public, that irreparably harms the fabric of our democracy- but when the UN ambassador misuses our surveillance tools to violate privacy regulations and spy on the opposition to her political agenda, that's just a nothingburger
Gold: 5,016.77
May 24 2019 02:21pm
Quote (Goomshill @ May 24 2019 03:08pm)
Masking was created for the purpose of protecting US citizens from foreign surveillance and insulating domestic politics from our intelligence apparatus.
Besides the lengthy walls of texts I already wrote explaining the legal and ethical quandaries of the Obama-Trump transition slapfight that you only see from an absolutist angle, besides all that- if this is true then it would be a clear example of Samantha Power abusing her unmasking power to interfere in domestic politics and breaching the system of trust we put in place so that our intelligence community can function without being tainted by political influence. Because somehow whenever Trump farts in public, that irreparably harms the fabric of our democracy- but when the UN ambassador misuses our surveillance tools to violate privacy regulations and spy on the opposition to her political agenda, that's just a nothingburger

I don't know what domestic politics has to do with it.

If transition officials are trying to make deals and craft foreign policy before they get into office, the current administration has a legitimate interest in knowing about it. It would create a need for the current administration to unmask the name to fully understand the context. So characterizing it as "spying on the opposition" is just silly hyperbole.
May 24 2019 03:32pm
Quote (GodSmiter @ May 24 2019 02:33pm)
if the investigation wasn't justified, why was Trump trying so hard to get Mueller off his tail, he basically obstructed the investigation by doing that, Elizabeth Warren talks about it in more detail below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7t06rIxAzI

forgot to embed

Russia was already in cahoots with Hillary, I think Russia would have been a lot better off sticking with that, than going with an unknown like Trump.
As for why Trump was resisting....well, I would resist too, if someone falsely accused me of something. I mean ever since he won in 2016 half the govt., 90% of the media, most of the circuit judges, etc., have all been against Trump. In most cases for things they shouldn't have been against.

As for the judges, I would imagine that we are going to see some serious reworking of the rules, the judges, something. That crap should have never happened.

As for Warren... pfft. I been watching things she's been doing lately. To me she seems even more full of it than your normal politician. Hell half of her campaign promises are contradictory. She seems to flit around the truth like... Avenatti maybe.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 24 2019 03:36pm
Quote (Ghot @ May 24 2019 02:32pm)
Russia was already in cahoots with Hillary, I think Russia would have been a lot better off sticking with that, than going with an unknown like Trump.
As for why Trump was resisting....well, I would resist too, if someone falsely accused me of something. I mean ever since he won in 2016 half the govt., 90% of the media, most of the circuit judges, etc., have all been against Trump. In most cases for things they shouldn't have been against.

As for the judges, I would imagine that we are going to see some serious reworking of the rules, the judges, something. That crap should have never happened.

As for Warren... pfft. I been watching things she's been doing lately. To me she seems even more full of it than your normal politician. Hell half of her campaign promises are contradictory. She seems to flit around the truth like... Avenatti maybe.

The politician most similar to avenatti is trump
Gold: 285.00
May 24 2019 03:44pm
Quote (Ghot @ May 24 2019 12:18pm)

GOP can't say anything about fake investigations as long as they kept up the Benghazi thing as a means of fundraising.
May 24 2019 04:14pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 24 2019 05:44pm)
GOP can't say anything about fake investigations as long as they kept up the Benghazi thing as a means of fundraising.

Big difference. Benghazi was a real incident, unlike Trump colluding with Russia. :/
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1147148149150151173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll