d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1145614571458145914603169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 1 2017 06:34pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 1 2017 08:29pm)
Yeah, I agree with that. And let's also not forget the gigantic reservoir of underemployed latino workers from deep south texas. There is already more than enough manpower in the country.

Well, yeah and all those people that are out of work, cause their place of business is ...under water atm.

/e I can just see a banker, doing construction work, let's say.
The bankers or whoever, get to see the construction side of things and the people who work at the same job, get free financial advice. And they all get paid for their work.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 1 2017 06:38pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 1 2017 06:41pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 1 2017 07:05pm)
This already happens.

Overstaying work visas is the biggest source of illegal immigration, and is exacerbated by anti-immigration rhetoric because it increases the number of people who don't leave because they think they won't get back in.

That makes no sense at all. Why would someone, who got here legally through a work visa for a lower skill job, not overstay their visa if they could maintain a living in a rich country like America? How does that calculus change at all if American politicians don't talk about stopping illegal immigration and reforming the immigration system? What, they are going to leave at the appropriate time because months down the road they might get a chance to come back?
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 1 2017 06:53pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 1 2017 08:05pm)
This already happens.

Overstaying work visas is the biggest source of illegal immigration, and is exacerbated by anti-immigration rhetoric because it increases the number of people who don't leave because they think they won't get back in.

Then don't take in the worthless fuckers to begin with. Is this problem really that hard to solve?
Sep 1 2017 06:54pm
I think the media should start a "thing". A new thing for this country.
"Houstonians, rebuild Houston".

Sort of like the thing they started in WW II "Rosy the riveter"

I think we, as Americans have become somewhat spoiled over the years. We're less well rounded than we used to be.
Back in the 17-1800's, most families did all the jobs they needed done on the land they owned.

Everyone knew at least a little about farming, construction, selling products they made...etc.
No we are so specialized that, when something does happen, like a natural disaster, people who were bankers, let's say...sit on their asses and wait for the banks to be rebuilt, so they can go back to their desk jobs.

I wonder how we look to most of the world. Say what? Our bankers can carry two by fours and plywood, as good as anyone can. Our fast food people can also, do some minor construction work...etc.

I'm not saying the govt. shouldn't help...they should...but I think the people IN the disaster areas...(not just the hero types) could also help.

I'm living in a rental unit. I used to work in construction.... if the building I lived in fell down or w/e I'd be more than willing to help, put it back up.
If I had experience is product distribution, I'd be more than willing to help the Red Cross or whomever, get water and food to everyone.

I know a lot of folks in Houston are indeed helping. I just wonder why all of them don't want to help. Same with any other huge disaster area.

/e On another point entirely. I think the US should scrap the whole work visa program. It's not needed. We have just as many smart and talented folks here in the US as citizens already.
Ok, maybe if another Einstein comes along, he could have a work visa for emergencies. But other than that rare case, we use our own folk.

If we don't have folk talented enough to fill some jobs, then we are doing something wrong, somewhere.

Short version... no work visa program. If you want to work in the US, you become a citizen.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 1 2017 06:58pm
Gold: 56.60
Sep 1 2017 07:02pm
make sure you check your privilege...
when i die, i'm going to leave my fortune to person(s) of color.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2017 07:06pm
we now have 201 vote for the hill dog...people are still voting lol
Gold: 260.11
Sep 1 2017 07:26pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 1 2017 06:41pm)
That makes no sense at all. Why would someone, who got here legally through a work visa for a lower skill job, not overstay their visa if they could maintain a living in a rich country like America? How does that calculus change at all if American politicians don't talk about stopping illegal immigration and reforming the immigration system? What, they are going to leave at the appropriate time because months down the road they might get a chance to come back?

Most are only here temporarily and have families still abroad. If they don't think they will be allowed to come back they have additional considerations when they leave to take money back to their families, or just an incentive to stay if they don't think their work visa will get renewed.
Sep 1 2017 07:33pm

immigration
noun

The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country.

It doesn't say anything about work visas and the like. Somewhere along the line some big money corporations, paid some politicians to overlook the fact that immigration is the act of moving to a different country, permanently.

THIS is the problem.

Currently, one of those big money corporations (Microsoft for example) is paying off a lot of politicians to pretend that there is a workable solution to the idiotic work visa idea. There isn't. It's ruining the country economically.
Gold: 260.11
Sep 1 2017 07:48pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 1 2017 07:33pm)
immigration
noun
The action of coming to live permanently in a foreign country.

It doesn't say anything about work visas and the like. Somewhere along the line some big money corporations, paid some politicians to overlook the fact that immigration is the act of moving to a different country, permanently.

THIS is the problem.

Currently, one of those big money corporations (Microsoft for example) is paying off a lot of politicians to pretend that there is a workable solution to the idiotic work visa idea. There isn't. It's ruining the country economically.

You guys keep proposing things that will take us back to the dark ages of technology and pretend it's a solution to our problems.

We MUST keep our work visa program because it brings in talent, not just those spics you don't like. For every manual laborer it brings in we bring in a chemist who works in silicon valley, or graduate a foreign student in chemical engineering who then stays.

If you want to make it so we don't need our work visa program the first thing you must do is make college affordable and encourage attendance in science programs. Anything short of that means our work visa program is here to stay, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it because industry on every side of the asile depends on it to stay productive.
Sep 1 2017 07:57pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 1 2017 09:48pm)
You guys keep proposing things that will take us back to the dark ages of technology and pretend it's a solution to our problems.

We MUST keep our work visa program because it brings in talent, not just those spics you don't like. For every manual laborer it brings in we bring in a chemist who works in silicon valley, or graduate a foreign student in chemical engineering who then stays.

If you want to make it so we don't need our work visa program the first thing you must do is make college affordable and encourage attendance in science programs. Anything short of that means our work visa program is here to stay, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it because industry on every side of the asile depends on it to stay productive.

People are people bro. You educate them well and give them good food, they will produce.
We don't NEED to go elsewhere for talent.

If we can't find the talent...here, then we need to find out why we can't find it. We should never need to import talent.

Things like work visas, are just hiding a deeper problem within our country. We need to fix the root cause of why we don't seem to be able to find talent in the US.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1145614571458145914603169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll