d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1144814491450145114523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 30 2017 11:03am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 30 Aug 2017 17:46)
You didnt point out a false equivalency. Saying "false equivalency 101" when you see something you dont like is not the same as pointing an actual one out.
The parallels are obvious and illustrate my point nicely.

so instead of explaining why you don't think it's a false equivalence you resort to a lazy "it isn't because there are similarities, and everyone who thinks otherwise has TDS" - and then have the audacity to bitch about other ppl's "unjustified namecalling" - hilarious...

Thats what it is. Trying to whine and split hairs about the way I put it and the words I used is impotent and uninteresting.
Jefferson used and others used extreme language to harshly criticize the press to. Yet, its still not calling for violence of infringing on freedom of the press, obviously.

except that's not at all what happened, i very much criticised the message, not at all the words you used - another dishonest misrepresentation of my post.
also, thanks for providing yet another example as to why your comparison is utterly flawed. while jefferson might have criticised the press, trump just goes after outlets that are critical of him while ignoring press that is demonstrably "fake" but flattering him. also, all the outlets he criticises have a significantly better track record when it comes to telling the truth than himself - but i guess you will find an excuse for that as well...

Shocker he criticizes media that goes out of their way to criticize him (often unjustly). How is that a relevant point i'm supposedly "blatantly ignoring"?

it is relevant because it contradicts your point that he is, like presidents before him, merely criticising "the press" when in fact he's only criticising the outlets that are critical of him. the fact that you act like you can't make that distinction speaks for itself - just like the fact that you only ever try to "intellectually refute" (that's outright hilarious coming from you) ppl critical of trump and not the blatantly false statements of trump cultists...

Gold: 14,530.00
Aug 30 2017 11:15am
Quote (fender @ Aug 30 2017 10:03am)
so instead of explaining why you don't think it's a false equivalence you resort to a lazy "it isn't because there are similarities, and everyone who thinks otherwise has TDS" - and then have the audacity to bitch about other ppl's "unjustified namecalling" - hilarious...

except that's not at all what happened, i very much criticised the message, not at all the words you used - another dishonest misrepresentation of my post.
also, thanks for providing yet another example as to why your comparison is utterly flawed. while jefferson might have criticised the press, trump just goes after outlets that are critical of him while ignoring press that is demonstrably "fake" but flattering him. also, all the outlets he criticises have a significantly better track record when it comes to telling the truth than himself - but i guess you will find an excuse for that as well...

it is relevant because it contradicts your point that he is, like presidents before him, merely criticising "the press" when in fact he's only criticising the outlets that are critical of him. the fact that you act like you can't make that distinction speaks for itself - just like the fact that you only ever try to "intellectually refute" (that's outright hilarious coming from you) ppl critical of trump and not the blatantly false statements of trump cultists...

Criticizing a segment of the press that's unfavorable is nothing new. Jefferson wasn't critical of all the press but just like Trump, of press that's badmouthing or adverse to him. Why would Trump or Jefferson or anyone be critical of something or someone that supports them? Like do you understand basic common sense?

Honestly i'm not sure why people engage you. Not sure if there's something in the water where you live or maybe you were dropped on your head but you need to relax, take 5 steps back, and consider that maybe Trump is not the end of the world. Maybe this hysteria is politically driven and not based in reality? Nothing has changed in my life from when Obama was president so relax child, you don't even live here but you act as if the sky is falling on daily basis.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 30 2017 11:16am
Gold: 11,407.33
Aug 30 2017 11:22am
Quote (Knaapie @ Aug 30 2017 01:00pm)
It's beyond criticizing, it's refraining from any form of responsibility asked by free press. The clear waters did already become a swamp.

Some might even say its inciting violence and in opposition to a free press!!!

Quote (fender)

Recognizing the fact that there are obvious pertinent similarities IS explaining why I dont think its a false equivalency :bonk:
You made a nonsensical unsupported assertion, yet again, when confronted with uncomfortable information that doesnt go along with the bash trump always, the bigger the better fad.

You clearly took issue with how i chose to (accurately) portray the situation.

also, thanks for providing yet another example as to why your comparison is utterly flawed. while jefferson might have criticised the press, trump just goes after outlets that are critical of him while ignoring press that is demonstrably "fake" but flattering him.

Pointing out differences between Trump and Jefferson is NOT supporting the delusion that its a false equivalence.

The point is not that every action or detail was the same, but that presidents have harshly criticized the media in the past and that it was not a call to violence or unconstitutional.
An overtly obvious and reasonable point, which you have somehow managed to oppose and turn into more bickering nonsense in pursuit of bashing trump and disagreeing with me.

trying to reason with the unreasonable...waste of time.

He has made numerous comments critical of fake news etc that were not specific to him, and jefferson made numerous comments in support of a free press and against garbage press, especially against press that was hypercritical and libelous towards him.
Both the merit and relevance of your distinction are questionable.

Whether he is responding to media that is critical of him or not is irrelevant to the point, and does not fundamentally change whether he is criticizing the press and its relation to violence/the constitution.

when you've lost the argument, but are still unhappy, just mindlessly repeat "trump cultists" "trump shills" etc etc
then you've won! right?
Aug 30 2017 11:35am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 30 Aug 2017 18:22)

Recognizing the fact that there are obvious pertinent similarities IS explaining why I dont think its a false equivalency :bonk:
You made a nonsensical unsupported assertion, yet again, when confronted with uncomfortable information that doesnt go along with the bash trump always, the bigger the better fad.

You clearly took issue with how i chose to (accurately) portray the situation.

Pointing out differences between Trump and Jefferson is NOT supporting the delusion that its a false equivalence.

The point is not that every action or detail was the same, but that presidents have harshly criticized the media in the past and that it was not a call to violence or unconstitutional.
An overtly obvious and reasonable point, which you have somehow managed to oppose and turn into more bickering nonsense in pursuit of bashing trump and disagreeing with me.

trying to reason with the unreasonable...waste of time.

He has made numerous comments critical of fake news etc that were not specific to him, and jefferson made numerous comments in support of a free press and against garbage press, especially against press that was hypercritical and libelous towards him.
Both the merit and relevance of your distinction are questionable.

Whether he is responding to media that is critical of him or not is irrelevant to the point, and does not fundamentally change whether he is criticizing the press and its relation to violence/the constitution.

when you've lost the argument, but are still unhappy, just mindlessly repeat "trump cultists" "trump shills" etc etc
then you've won! right?

again bitching about being (accurately) idendified as a trump shill when your very first reply was "you disagree because you have TDS" - your hypocrisy is astounding.

and no, your flimsy false equivalency doesn't stand the slightest objective scrutiny, your dishonest misrepresentations of facts won't change that. pointing out that trump only attacks media critical of him, media that does a much better job telling the truth than himself btw, is not mindless "trump bashing" - regardless of your personal feelings, it's a legitimate criticism of a president who behaves like a petulant child.

and again, i don't have an issue with how you portray the situation in terms of your words, but how you portray it in terms of understanding it and the facts - really pathetic and obvious how you chose to not distinguish between them in order to create a stupid little deflection...
Aug 30 2017 11:47am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 30 Aug 2017 18:15)
Criticizing a segment of the press that's unfavorable is nothing new. Jefferson wasn't critical of all the press but just like Trump, of press that's badmouthing or adverse to him. Why would Trump or Jefferson or anyone be critical of something or someone that supports them? Like do you understand basic common sense?

Honestly i'm not sure why people engage you. Not sure if there's something in the water where you live or maybe you were dropped on your head but you need to relax, take 5 steps back, and consider that maybe Trump is not the end of the world. Maybe this hysteria is politically driven and not based in reality? Nothing has changed in my life from when Obama was president so relax child, you don't even live here but you act as if the sky is falling on daily basis.

so you're basically admitting that it's not about the honesty of the press but about their criticism of trump? that's all i ever said.

that being said, the jefferson whataboutism is cute and all, but that's about it. there is no actual point because not only is it massively flawed, it's also irrelevant, a pure deflection... trump attacks and tries to delegitimise the press that's critical of him and if you listened to your own advise and at least TRIED to look at it from a somewhat objective position, you would realise this is not only petty but also potentially dangerous - there is no way you would accept this from someone you didn't shill for, kid... but i guess there's "something in your water" or you have been "dropped on the head" and that's why you're so biased and butthurt all the time...

This post was edited by fender on Aug 30 2017 11:49am
Aug 30 2017 11:53am
again bitching about being (accurately) idendified as a trump shill when your very first reply was "you disagree because you have TDS" - your hypocrisy is astounding.

Now its "hypocrisy" for no legitimate reason on top of 'trump shill" and "dishonest misrepresentations"
well done!

You have time and again posted unreasonably, inaccurately and hysterically when to it comes to anything to do with trump and go out of your way to complain about him in unrelated threads too. Clear TDS.
An occasional mention of TDS does not replace my reason and reality based arguments.
Repeatedly going to the "trump shill!" well in place of a sound argument and directing it towards someone who clearly isnt a trump shill or even a moderate trump supporter.. is absurdly false. (among other adjectives)

Doubling down on "false equivalency" and "misrepresentations" and a host of other false descriptors without logical substantiation doesn't suddenly change the truth of what I said.
You are rambling on with insults and false assertions to appease your ego, truth be damned. Level headed rational discussion has been abandoned by you for some time now.
The eminent reasonableness of my position is apparent and posted for all to see. It has been posted, elaborated on and repeated. If you wish to keep ignoring it, fine. Have a nice day.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Aug 30 2017 11:53am
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 30 2017 11:57am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 30 Aug 2017 18:22)

Can I? ^^

"11:05 And tonight this entire arena stands united in condemnation of the thugs who perpetrate hatred and violence.. But the very dishonest media, right up there with their cameras.
So the, and I mean truly dishonest ppl in the media and the fake media, they have no sources in many cases, they say a source say there is no such thing, but they don't report the facts."

Trump perpetrating hatred and bigotry aiming at ppl doing their job holding a camera, in a rally to not perpetrate hatred bigotry and violence. The irony is making me rofl on the ground. And the dude doest stop.. Hatred and hatred and more hatred against the media. Wew lad, give him a KKK hat already. Just to break taboos.

Aug 30 2017 12:06pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 30 Aug 2017 18:53)
Now its "hypocrisy" for no legitimate reason on top of 'trump shill" and "dishonest misrepresentations"
well done!

You have time and again posted unreasonably, inaccurately and hysterically when to it comes to anything to do with trump and go out of your way to complain about him in unrelated threads too. Clear TDS.
An occasional mention of TDS does not replace my reason and reality based arguments.
Repeatedly going to the "trump shill!" well in place of a sound argument and directing it towards someone who clearly isnt a trump shill or even a moderate trump supporter.. is absurdly false. (among other adjectives)

Doubling down on "false equivalency" and "misrepresentations" and a host of other false descriptors without logical substantiation doesn't suddenly change the truth of what I said.
You are rambling on with insults and false assertions to appease your ego, truth be damned. Level headed rational discussion has been abandoned by you for some time now.
The eminent reasonableness of my position is apparent and posted for all to see. It has been posted, elaborated on and repeated. If you wish to keep ignoring it, fine. Have a nice day.

i can't believe you're not even embarrassed by your pathetic attempts to defend trump's attacks on media critical of him. you can't possibly be deluded enough to think that convinces anyone who isn't firmly in trump's camp already.
but hey, keep attacking, i mean "intellectually refuting" everyone who criticises your cult leader with your weird obsession about their DSize, to each their own...
Aug 30 2017 12:10pm
Code
i can't believe you're not even embarrassed by your pathetic attempts to defend trump's attacks on media critical of him. you can't possibly be deluded enough to think that convinces anyone who isn't firmly in trump's camp already.
but hey, keep attacking, i mean "intellectually refuting" everyone who criticises your cult leader with your weird obsession about their DSize, to each their own...

im sure there is a lot you cant believe.
how dare i not be embarrassed of defending the truth of a matter against absurd insinuations!

I should totally support and take the side of anyone who criticizes trump no matter what!
or would that be anti-intellectual, and inconsistent with my morals and respect for the truth?

I am not under the impression that anything I say will convince you, however others might be persuaded to see reason or already have an inclination towards it.

Quote (Knaapie @ Aug 30 2017 01:57pm)
Can I? ^^

"11:05 And tonight this entire arena stands united in condemnation of the thugs who perpetrate hatred and violence.. But the very dishonest media, right up there with their cameras.
So the, and I mean truly dishonest ppl in the media and the fake media, they have no sources in many cases, they say a source say there is no such thing, but they don't report the facts."

Trump perpetrating hatred and bigotry aiming at ppl doing their job holding a camera, in a rally to not perpetrate hatred bigotry and violence. The irony is making me rofl on the ground. And the dude doest stop.. Hatred and hatred and more hatred against the media. Wew lad, give him a KKK hat already. Just to break taboos.

How dare that meany evil man victimize those innocent people who are just doing their job holding a camera! they didn't do nothing wrong!
Calling out the media for smearing him as a nazi sympathizer for recognizing and condemning violence on multiple sides is just proof that trump is "perpetrating hatred and bigotry"!
Calling people white supremacists is love trumping hate <3
lets sing kumbaya around a fire (fires are scary and bad for environment) electronic fireplace(electric energy is bad, global warming), paper cut-out of a fire (why dont you think of the trees..), imaginary fire and literally shake.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Aug 30 2017 12:13pm
Aug 30 2017 12:18pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 30 Aug 2017 19:10)
im sure there is a lot you cant believe.
how dare i not be embarrassed of defending the truth of a matter against absurd insinuations!

I should totally support and take the side of anyone who criticizes trump no matter what!
or would that be anti-intellectual, and inconsistent with my morals and respect for the truth?

your gross misrepresentations and generalisations of my arguments speak for themselves. resorting to those in order to defend your emperor just disqualifies your flimsy excuses even more.
also, criticising trump for attacking and trying to delegitimise outlets critical of him while peddling falsehoods himself and not criticising demonstrably dishonest networks just because they are flattering him is not an "absurd insinuation". but i guess if your feelings tell you otherwise, that's what you have to do...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1144814491450145114523169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll