d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1143714381439144014413169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Aug 22 2017 04:20pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 22 2017 09:59am)
Killing bad guys and nation building hasn't stabilized Afghanistan, so the solution is to continue killing bad guys and stop nation building? That makes no sense.

The goal is preventing terrorist leadership from going unchecked and finding safe haven. I could care less about what happens to that opium infested hell hole.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 22 2017 04:25pm
Quote (ampoo @ 22 Aug 2017 23:06)
i have heard about several incidents at sea where us navy ships played the tough guy and simply refused to change course with zero fucks given
wouldnt suprise me if something like that happened here and if i remember the rules at sea correctly (and compare that with the pictures) the us ship clearly is responsible from the looks of it

maybe there is a reason why this story exists :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighthouse_and_naval_vessel_urban_legend

Playing chicken with an oil tanker is cool to do, right? ^^

If both ships follow normal sea traffic rules, these things don't happen. So there seems to be a narrative to one of them, or both not following normal procedures. Perhaps this needs a topic to generate conspiracy theories. For now I'm believing it to be the Naval attitude of: "we brake for nobody".
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 22 2017 06:27pm
Quote (ampoo @ 22 Aug 2017 16:50)
of course you cant, even if most of the afghan borders are impassable anyway
basic control at the main points is good enough and at least in theory the idea is that these guys dont want to leave their little caliphate anyway
expansion and spreading the religion are major aspects of islam obviously, but other motivations like "they are bombing my country so i am bombing theirs" could go away

i wouldnt say 9/11 was a result of doing nothing in afghanistan, more like opposite if you go back further in time
soviet invasion, america arming mujahideen, being friends with bin laden etc

well, ofc a lot of the shit that's going down in afghanistan is due to the mess the cia and the soviets have caused decades ago. but the shit has already hit the fan, now we have to deal with the fallout.

I gotta disagree with your point about "control the main border crossings and you're good". if taliban fighters can seep in across the wilderness in groups of 2 to a few dozens at once, you will still have to deal with them inside afghanistan. as long as they have space to back off, you wont get rid of this plague. their refuge is pakistan, but also tajikistan and turkmenistan. good luck getting those countries to effectively fight against the taliban. and pakistan is a 200 mil shithole with nukes and a sizable army. even the united states cant push them around just like that. to put real pressure on pakistan, the US would have to concentrate MASSIVE amounts of troops in front of their shore. risky, no guarantee for success, extremely costly, politically no longer feasible considering how tired the american public is of the ongoing wars.

so, if you dont get pakistan to commit fully to the fight against the taliban, they will have their refuge over there whenever you kick their asses in afghanistan. you cant prevent them from coming back. the afghan public apparently is either too weak to drive them away on their own, or there is too much support for a taliban rule inside the afghan people. either way, the issue isnt going away. therefore, the best we can do is a "damage control mode" in which we try to commit as few troops and resources as possible while keeping the taliban at bay, preventing afghanistan from again becoming a safe haven for islamistic terrorists of all kind. its not the 'win' everyone was hoping for, but deployment of 8-12k soldiers to afghanistan can be sustained permanently if necessary.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 22 2017 06:30pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 22 2017 07:27pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Aug 22 2017 06:25pm)
Playing chicken with an oil tanker is cool to do, right? ^^

If both ships follow normal sea traffic rules, these things don't happen. So there seems to be a narrative to one of them, or both not following normal procedures. Perhaps this needs a topic to generate conspiracy theories. For now I'm believing it to be the Naval attitude of: "we brake for nobody".

I can't remember where I read it, but it seems that this has happened like 4 times in 4 months.
The really weird part is, it always happens to US anti-ballistic missile ships.

On a side note, the US Navy might be thinking "we brake for nobody" with reference to military ships, but they wouldn't do it with civilian ships, unless they weren't carrying what they claimed to be carrying.
Like...trying to ship arms or nukes etc., in a tanker, for example.

Gold: 57.00
Aug 22 2017 09:47pm

President Trump calls out the vile, odious far lefty democrats/losers that make up the antfia group which covers their faces so they can commit violence behind a guise. a page out of the book of the horrid past done by notable democrats like their "conscience of the Senate" Senator Robert Byrd (D) who was in the kkk and was the mentor of Hillary Clinton (D)

This post was edited by excellence on Aug 22 2017 09:48pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 22 2017 10:08pm
antiIIFFAAaaa
Gold: 2.70
Aug 22 2017 10:38pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 23 2017 04:08am)
antiIIFFAAaaa

trump needs to give shoot to kill orders on all antifa members

This post was edited by Warlock316 on Aug 22 2017 10:38pm
Gold: 285.00
Aug 23 2017 04:36am
Quote (Warlock316 @ Aug 22 2017 11:38pm)
trump needs to give shoot to kill orders on all antifa members

He would be George Wallace squared lol.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 23 2017 05:34am
Quote (excellence @ Aug 22 2017 10:47pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzdd1PHz2k

President Trump calls out the vile, odious far lefty democrats/losers that make up the antfia group which covers their faces so they can commit violence behind a guise. a page out of the book of the horrid past done by notable democrats like their "conscience of the Senate" Senator Robert Byrd (D) who was in the kkk and was the mentor of Hillary Clinton (D)

The president focusing on the real issues.... like little dudes in skinny jeans. I guess if the success of the presidency hangs on appealing to young white suburban kids who post on The_Donald, he's doing a fine job.
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 23 2017 06:06am
Quote (IceMage @ 23 Aug 2017 13:34)
The president focusing on the real issues.... like little dudes in skinny jeans. I guess if the success of the presidency hangs on appealing to young white suburban kids who post on The_Donald, he's doing a fine job.

his job as president involves caring for all aspects of peace for the american people. therefore, he has to deal with afghanistan, north korea, but also with interior threats to the inner security of the country. both the little dudes in skinny jeans from antifa and the violent racists are a threat to inner security. it is a step in the right direction that we finally have a president in trump who calls out the violent potential of radical lefties and of minority racist groups. unfortunately, he could be doing a better job when it comes to calling out white racists.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1143714381439144014413169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll