d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1142143144145146443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 24 2018 11:00am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 12:55pm)
you're operating under the false idea that an investigation can only have a binary result: that being Kav is cleared, or Kav is found to have done it.

this is the result of you not understanding how investigations and due process work in America, and having a bias for the result you desire (as well as the stalling efforts it creates).

you would do well to read a book on investigations, you're implying not only a false binary, but also that the 2 results you allow for are more likely. the truth is the investigation would still turn out a he said she said situation. we dont have time machines.

false, I'm operating under the impression that an FBI investigation would bring more FACTS to light that would be able to give Americans a better idea of what happened. I'm pro-truth. Just because I want Kavanaugh to be guilty doesn't mean I'm scared of finding out the truth. If Dr. Ford is lying/fabricating this, lock her up for all I care and democrats can take a political hit that will be deserved.

Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 24 2018 11:01am
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/09/24/yale-law-students-protest-brett-kavanaugh-nomination/VO7p24g20Y31E5XJWmM77N/story.html

Yale cancels classes as law students protest Brett Kavanaugh nomination

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Yale Law School students are protesting the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the US Supreme Court and demanding an investigation of sexual misconduct allegations against him.

Dozens of students wearing black staged a sit-in at the law school Monday. Yale officials cancelled classes to accommodate the demonstration. Some Yale students traveled to Washington to protest the nomination.

obligatory:

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 24 2018 11:01am
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 24 2018 11:03am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 24 2018 01:01pm)

Nixon was right at Kent State
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 11:03am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 11:00am)
false, I'm operating under the impression that an FBI investigation would bring more FACTS to light that would be able to give Americans a better idea of what happened. I'm pro-truth. Just because I want Kavanaugh to be guilty doesn't mean I'm scared of finding out the truth. If Dr. Ford is lying/fabricating this, lock her up for all I care and democrats can take a political hit that will be deserved.

then that is the false assumption you're operating under.

per the accuser's story the only "facts" the FBI could even potentially substantiate would be that both Kav and Judge were at the party, as well as Ford. It is 100% impossible to confirm they were in the room with her, or that anything happened. we dont have a time machine, and if we did the democrats would have already sent it back to save HRC.

you got sold on a lie kid. your bias prevents you from seeing this. next you'll come back with some more bullshit to cover up the lie you got sold on about being pro-truth, probably.

Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 24 2018 11:01am)

why did none of this fun shit happen when i was going to school? we never even got snow days, smh....

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 24 2018 11:04am
Sep 24 2018 11:06am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 24 2018 12:59pm)
Where is the justice?

If she is telling the truth her story has been taken by some on the left and the media and the legal teams and done her a great disservice continuing to use and abuse a victim over politics

If he is telling the truth a shit ton of the country think he is a sexual predator because of guilty as soon as accused politics

and what happens next? the next victims of sexual abuse continue to struggle to come forward because of the chaos unfolding now. A big chunck of the country labeling the accused a liar democrat operative yadayada

They should vote and confirm him

he's already paid the price for an accusation we will probably never know the truth about

if enough comes out impeach him but these last few weeks have been complete bullshit and destructive for the country and more importantly those that have been victims of sexual abuse and those facing false accusations

again, blame #meToo for that, not me.
Sep 24 2018 11:10am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 01:03pm)
then that is the false assumption you're operating under.

per the accuser's story the only "facts" the FBI could even potentially substantiate would be that both Kav and Judge were at the party, as well as Ford. It is 100% impossible to confirm they were in the room with her, or that anything happened. we dont have a time machine, and if we did the democrats would have already sent it back to save HRC.

you got sold on a lie kid. your bias prevents you from seeing this. next you'll come back with some more bullshit to cover up the lie you got sold on about being pro-truth, probably.

why did none of this fun shit happen when i was going to school? we never even got snow days, smh....

you're probably right, It's just unfortunate Kavanaugh may have got away with an attempted rape and now will be rewarded with a Supreme court seat. Also unfortunate that Mitch McConnell stole a supreme court seat without having a vote on Merrick Garland. And it's also unfortunate that Democrats will keep losing because of people like Beowulf.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 24 2018 11:16am
Quote (Horford @ 24 Sep 2018 19:10)
you're probably right, It's just unfortunate Kavanaugh may have got away with an attempted rape and now will be rewarded with a Supreme court seat. Also unfortunate that Mitch McConnell stole a supreme court seat without having a vote on Merrick Garland. And it's also unfortunate that Democrats will keep losing because of people like Beowulf.

its a tough choice to make: either Kav gets away with what perhaps was attempted rape, or we give up the principle of "innocent until proven guilty".

aside from this dilemma, it should be emphasized that he does not get "rewarded" for his past behavior towards women with a Supreme Court seat - he gets the seat as a reward for a lifelong career of excellence on law.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 11:16am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 11:10am)

if you want less people to "get away with it" then support people coming out, specifically design programs to work with people who have been victims in bringing their stories to police. we have suicide hotlines, why not sexual assault hotlines.

instead of ignorantly being in favor of costly FBI investigations that, 1) cant bring charges, 2) are out of their jurisdiction, and 3) can create a he said she said situation AT BEST.

being legally ignorant is one of the reasons we see cash get diverted to bullshit for political reasons that could have had a positive impact elsewhere.

i said as much about the Mueller investigation, which thusfar as turned out a few bad apples from the orbit of Trump but has nothing on Trump. millions down the drain, and my predictions are all spot on thusfar.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 24 2018 11:16am)
its a tough choice to make: either Kav gets away with what perhaps was attempted rape, or we give up the principle of "innocent until proven guilty".

aside from this dilemma, it should be emphasized that he does not get "rewarded" for his past behavior towards women with a Supreme Court seat - he gets the seat as a reward for a lifelong career of excellence on law.

I think what is clear is that it's a prerequisite to pre-rape someone then keep it quiet without ever contacting the person for 35 years to sit on the USSC. RBG specifically pre-raped 3 girls just to be safe.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 24 2018 11:17am
Sep 24 2018 11:22am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 24 2018 01:16pm)

that's fair I suppos, BUT, It's not just the Dr. Ford thing though... it's the multiple instances of Perjury that Kavanaugh commited that he more than likely got away and will get away with, that all of a sudden, no one really cares about now because the Dr. Ford thing has overshadowed it. Maybe democrats should've just beat the dead horse with the Perjury thing and not this Dr. Ford story. That's not to say I don't believe Dr. Ford though, I do believe she's telling the truth to the best of her memory.

it's such a fucking mess. Democrats should've insisted on a vote on Merrick Garland, shame on them for not doing everything in their power to get a vote on him. Dems/independents shouldve NEVER showed up to vote on Gorsuch the first time, should've just stayed home exposed republicans for the partisan process it is.
Sep 24 2018 11:24am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 01:16pm)
but has nothing on Trump. millions down the drain,

oh I wouldn't be so sure about that... that's a different topic though.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1142143144145146443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll