d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1142714281429143014313169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 15 2017 06:11pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Aug 2017 19:42)
I'm against the degradation of culture in general so I can appreciate some semblance of expectation from the media that the president not come across as a 14 year old girl on twitter or a crazy alcoholic uncle in a press conference. You want the president to be as vulgar as a drunk guy in a bar, that's cool,but I think he should be someone who kids can look up to and people can respect. The guy who makes fun of Mika Brzezinski's facelift one day cannot be a man who Americans look to for moral leadership after a major terrorist attack. It just doesn't work that way.

---

Watching some black junior mayor and a white conservative on CNN try to discuss the nuance of what Trump said:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/g8GfH3i5F0hby/giphy.gif

he should be like Slick Willie! NOT

Mika and Joe rail on the President all the time, most of it just reeeing. He should respond in kind. We're all citizens in any event.

The turn the other cheek thing didnt work because Pres Obama's "hand-picked" successor was rejected in an electoral landslide.

e: Joe had a dead intern show up in his office way back when, Mika's former competition?

This post was edited by excellence on Aug 15 2017 06:13pm
Gold: 40.42
Aug 15 2017 06:14pm
When you have to qualify 'landslide' it just makes you look insecure AF
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 15 2017 06:17pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Aug 15 2017 08:14pm)

He's not qualifying it...he's describing Trump's win...accurately. Show he have called it a popular landslide? :/

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 15 2017 06:21pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2017 06:18pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 16 2017 12:11am)

Mika and Joe rail on the President all the time, most of it just reeeing. He should respond in kind. We're all citizens in any event.

The turn the other cheek thing didnt work because Pres Obama's "hand-picked" successor was rejected in an electoral landslide.

e: Joe had a dead intern show up in his officr

Ignorance of reason and sensible paths will lead to ruin at some point. The electoral college, the only system I can think of where the number of votes someone gets does not necessarily equate to victory, is bad.

Gore should have won in 2000. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that his platform was exactly what the new millennium needed. Clinton should have won last year. They both had more votes than the other guy, but, alas, we weren't following a reasonable system. What did we get? Bush, who I like as a man and who was a terrible president, and Trump, who needs no descriptor.

I only hope the ruin spares some of us.
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 15 2017 06:19pm
Quote (Interesting @ Aug 15 2017 08:18pm)
Ignorance of reason and sensible paths will lead to ruin at some point. The electoral college, the only system I can think of where the number of votes someone gets does not necessarily equate to victory, is bad.

Gore should have won in 2000. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that his platform was exactly what the new millennium needed. Clinton should have won last year. They both had more votes than the other guy, but, alas, we weren't following a reasonable system. What did we get? Bush, who I like as a man and who was a terrible president, and Trump, who needs no descriptor.

I only hope the ruin spares some of us.

The Electoral College has worked for 100's of years. But yeah, we will assume YOU know better. :/

/e The reason we have an Electoral College is because we are a country made of states...with individual state's rights. Your chance for the popular vote is when the States elect their representatives.

This post was edited by Ghot on Aug 15 2017 06:22pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 15 2017 06:32pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 15 2017 07:09pm)
You want the president to be inoffensive. You want him to be bland and scripted and dignified like he doesn't poop like the rest of us. I know, we've had this conversation before.
I on the other hand want to strip away the deceitful culture that allows dysfunction to flourish, that allows societal degradation and the breakdown of our ability to compromise to the benefit of all.
I wouldn't mind a public face if it didn't mask a private one. I'm familiar enough with how flawed man is that doesn't bother me in its absence, but I recognize we live in a culture.

But that culture is the problem. I think its really the health of our country for the decades and centuries to come that's at stake. I don't believe the dysfunctional degenerate stagnancy of dishonest politics can remain stable, as it never has in the past. And the liberties threatened by trusting our country to the man behind the curtain and accepting infringements on freedoms- they set us up for some dystopic future or collapse. But I also believe the natural backlash and counterculture forces are self-correcting. The people will act. Maybe Donald Trump is that act. Maybe he'll fail, and it will come down the line after things get worse. It could manifest as a lot worse things than an orange muppet.

Ah, so you'll setup a strawman like the last time?

I like a president who shows himself to be normal. When Obama called Kanye a jackass off camera I liked it, I think others did as well. Obama was charismatic, so was Bush to an extent, and of course Bill Clinton was. This isn't some false choice between a plastic president and a relatable, blunt president.

Trump is different. He doesn't have the character of a serious man. He is petty, thin-skinned, hyper-focused on media. I expect the leader of the free world to be an honorable, respectable person. That doesn't mean they don't have certain flaws that we all have, it just means they don't act like little bitches.

Not to mention it's not like the president holds his tongue just to satisfy uptight media people. The president maintains message discipline in foreign policy matters and domestic matters to get shit done and not cause crises.

Quote (excellence @ Aug 15 2017 07:11pm)

e: Joe had a dead intern show up in his office way back when, Mika's former competition?

Yes, the choice is between a childish buffoon and a philanderer who can't keep his dick in his pants around the interns.

So the president should respond to Joe and Mika's criticism with personal attacks on her facelift? The President of the United States should lower himself to the level(or below) of his media critics?

That's a bold strategy Cotton.

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 15 2017 06:37pm
Aug 15 2017 06:41pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 15 Aug 2017 20:14)

seems that the decrepit bigoted bullier of children has returned, thats a shame

dont supporting doxxing but hey, maybe it wasnt smart to bully children. maybe an odious racist old calorie-hoarding bigot should ease up on the hostility going forward, lest this repeats itself:

Quote (Ididitfortehlulz @ 4 Dec 2016 08:23)
The joke is a 40 year old pizza boy who gets beat up in traffic in front of his kid, gets doxxed by a Irish kid for being nothing but an asshole, and whose entire life revolves around creating a name for himself on jsp.

Quote (IgoSoHard @ 27 Oct 2016 13:47)
Lmfao

What kind of monster beats the shit out of an overweight, middle aged, homosexual keyboard warrior in front of their son ?

Talk about no fucks given

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76340901&f=119&p=516807493

Quote (Leevee @ 26 May 2017 15:18)
Speaking of people with tits, what happened to AiNedeSpelCzech?
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ 26 May 2017 15:20)
got doxxed into oblivion
wife took away internet access
forced to raise and interact with his child

as for the 304-227 landslide, well some ignorant #resist folks think the national popular vote matters. It is important to remind them their foolish views are wrong

This post was edited by excellence on Aug 15 2017 06:42pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 15 2017 06:47pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 15 2017 06:32pm)

I like a president who shows himself to be normal. When Obama called Kanye a jackass off camera I liked it, I think others did as well. Obama was charismatic, so was Bush to an extent, and of course Bill Clinton was. This isn't some false choice between a plastic president and a relatable, blunt president.

Trump is different. He doesn't have the character of a serious man. He is petty, thin-skinned, hyper-focused on media. I expect the leader of the free world to be an honorable, respectable person. That doesn't mean they don't have certain flaws that we all have, it just means they don't act like little bitches.

Whats "normal" to you? Do you want the "normal" of previous presidents who are that bland, inoffensive empty suit? Or do you want a president who is a "normal" human being, as flawed and earthly as anyone else?
You say its a straw man because its a false dichotomy. Yet Obama, Bush, Bill, they were all opaque persona's who hid their dealings. America got to see that election-winning smile, but did they see Obama's constant struggle with Hillary and their diametric policies and personalities?That was all hidden behind the curtain, and that was one of the most important disputes of the his first term. America doesn't want to see the sausages get made, so it got hidden. But now we have so little input on how the sausages get made, and the meat grinder can break down without our knowledge. Obama pretended to be a populist idealist when he was a fervent globalist pragmatist through and through. The spy program, the obama doctrine, the big money interests, they were all hidden in plain sight, and we never got to have a real debate over them.

So you want what, an honest man, but one who is better than Trump? You seem quick to praise the most dishonest personalities. I agree Trump has a terrible petty, thin-skinned and media-obsessive streak that can't be chalked up to any apologetics of 4d chess strategy, but how many flaws would ever other candidate have if they were laid bare? Everything I've ever read about Hillary from people in the know like the leaked Colin Powell emails make her sound 10x worse, an obstinate arrogant spiteful short-sighted boss tweed who inspired no good will. So what did you want? The perfect person? I'm sure even with flaws out in the open its not that hard to find someone less flawed than Trump. But good luck finding one willing to fight the culture. Or do you just not care if he's honest or not, and could accept someone flawed if they hid the imperfections while mugging for the cameras and kissing babies? You name the degree of honesty and dignity you want, I can live with a lack of the latter when its swathed in plenty of the former.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 15 2017 06:50pm
Aug 15 2017 06:59pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Aug 2017 20:32)

Not to mention it's not like the president holds his tongue just to satisfy uptight media people. The president maintains message discipline in foreign policy matters and domestic matters to get shit done and not cause crises.

Yes, the choice is between a childish buffoon and a philanderer who can't keep his dick in his pants around the interns.

So the president should respond to Joe and Mika's criticism with personal attacks on her facelift? The President of the United States should lower himself to the level(or below) of his media critics?

That's a bold strategy Cotton.

"Hes crazy and mentally ill"is something you'd expect out of faux news yet its the msnbc and co's go-to.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/336899-morning-joe-co-host-trump-may-be-mentally-ill

its not a critique, it's a serious allegation levied by non-professionals, so the President responses in kind.

And sure, Morning Joe can getting away with "he may be mentally ill" just like anyone else could get away with "maybe that intern died in Joe's office because she found out something she shouldnt"
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 15 2017 08:48pm
Quote (IceMage @ 16 Aug 2017 01:32)

'b-b-but he's just reacting to the evil media's attack. he's not actually a thin-skinned man baby who need a news fluffer to cope with the fact that america hates him, he's a really classy, funny, and also incredibly smart person who just puts on a precious snowflake act for the lügenpresse because they are soooo unfair to him...'
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1142714281429143014313169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll