d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1142614271428142914303169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 15 2017 05:16pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 15 2017 06:10pm)
you've gone from "he will lose in a landslide his campaign is a failure he cant do anything" to "his presidency is a failure and other than a,b,c,d etc. he hasnt done anything" in less than a year. your track record on these matters is as good as peter dinklage's in the high jump

Apart from your favorite topic of me, are you arguing Trump's presidency is going well?

The only objective of a campaign is to win. The polls were wrong, Trump ended up winning. Governing isn't a campaign, so far Trump hasn't been able to get healthcare passed and the trajectory doesn't look good right now.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 15 2017 05:18pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Aug 2017 19:16)
Apart from your favorite topic of me, are you arguing Trump's presidency is going well?

The only objective of a campaign is to win. The polls were wrong, Trump ended up winning. Governing isn't a campaign, so far Trump hasn't been able to get healthcare passed and the trajectory doesn't look good right now.

did a bill hit his desk or?

otherwise, in terms of the matters that were important for casting a favorable vote yes President Trump is doing a fairly decent job.
Gold: 5,388.33
Aug 15 2017 05:18pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 15 2017 03:06pm)
Man... CNN spin on his comments is ridiculous right now. It's crazy how dishonest they are being.

fake news as usual
Aug 15 2017 05:27pm
Quote (excellence @ Aug 15 2017 06:18pm)
did a bill hit his desk or?

otherwise, in terms of the matters that were important for casting a favorable vote yes President Trump is doing a fairly decent job.

No, but of course the president holds some responsibility for being unable to get more senators on his side.

I know polls are fake news, but the bill had like 17% approval in polls. Many of the Trump supporters in the media didn't like the bill. I think it might just be more complicated in the Republican party to get a bill passed because we have the Cruz/Paul conservatives and the McCain/Collins moderates.

Quote (majorblood @ Aug 15 2017 06:18pm)
fake news as usual

I've always said that CNN loves perpetuating racial tension.
Gold: 10,485.00
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 15 2017 05:35pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 15 2017 05:06pm)
Man... CNN spin on his comments is ridiculous right now. It's crazy how dishonest they are being.

Of course they are. Thats why politicians script themselves, or their opponents with ruthlessly twist what they've said to destroy them

Quote (IceMage @ Aug 15 2017 04:55pm)
Part of being president is knowing when it is appropriate to say certain truths. Trump isn't an articulate speaker, he can't make these nuanced points effectively.

And Donald Trump campaigned on changing what the presidency has become, to move away from the scripted PC-kayfabe of politicians and return us to our roots as an unwashed madhouse.
Its obvious why every other politician plays the game, why they must. And Trump, for better or worse, has been at war with that, and that's something I sure respect

Now it can boil down to an idealism vs pragmatism issue. If he's fighting a losing war, and can at best just hold back the inexorable tide of culture, then perhaps its all for nothing. And he might lose all his support, become a sitting duck, not get a second term. Or maybe he could win due to popular disgust at the media and respect for his honesty. His success could be marked as the watershed that turned our culture around. Whereas if he actually tried to toe the line, maybe he could win, maybe he could lose, he's probably not good at it, but we've never really seen him try. Someone like Obama did it flawlessly, someone like Hillary couldn't avoid coming off as a reptilian. But what does he gain? If he abandons the ideal, he's just another suit bending the knee to PC-culture and globalist-mammon. If he tries and fails, some of his policy initiatives I don't really give a shit about flop. Couldn't give a fig if there's a wall or not. The rest of the kneelers will keep the economy going.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2017 05:37pm
shiill the wall is going up congress is completely cock blocking him right now it's terrible.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 15 2017 05:37pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Aug 2017 19:27)
No, but of course the president holds some responsibility for being unable to get more senators on his side.

I know polls are fake news, but the bill had like 17% approval in polls. Many of the Trump supporters in the media didn't like the bill. I think it might just be more complicated in the Republican party to get a bill passed because we have the Cruz/Paul conservatives and the McCain/Collins moderates.

I've always said that CNN loves perpetuating racial tension.

the senators that hate him and were hoping for him to catch a L last November??? hahahha, it seems that most of the only ones that somewhat are willing to negotiate are ones he hit pretty hard during the primaries.

It's not President Trump who campaigned for 7-8 years on repeal and then replace the not-so Affordable Care Act. Voters know this.
Aug 15 2017 05:42pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 15 2017 06:35pm)
And Donald Trump campaigned on changing what the presidency has become, to move away from the scripted PC-kayfabe of politicians and return us to our roots as an unwashed madhouse.
Its obvious why every other politician plays the game, why they must. And Trump, for better or worse, has been at war with that, and that's something I sure respect

Now it can boil down to an idealism vs pragmatism issue. If he's fighting a losing war, and can at best just hold back the inexorable tide of culture, then perhaps its all for nothing. And he might lose all his support, become a sitting duck, not get a second term. Or maybe he could win due to popular disgust at the media and respect for his honesty. His success could be marked as the watershed that turned our culture around. Whereas if he actually tried to toe the line, maybe he could win, maybe he could lose, he's probably not good at it, but we've never really seen him try. Someone like Obama did it flawlessly, someone like Hillary couldn't avoid coming off as a reptilian. But what does he gain? If he abandons the ideal, he's just another suit bending the knee to PC-culture and globalist-mammon. If he tries and fails, some of his policy initiatives I don't really give a shit about flop. Couldn't give a fig if there's a wall or not. The rest of the kneelers will keep the economy going.

I'm against the degradation of culture in general so I can appreciate some semblance of expectation from the media that the president not come across as a 14 year old girl on twitter or a crazy alcoholic uncle in a press conference. You want the president to be as vulgar as a drunk guy in a bar, that's cool, but I think he should be someone who kids can look up to and people can respect. The guy who makes fun of Mika Brzezinski's facelift one day cannot be a man who Americans look to for moral leadership after a major terrorist attack. It just doesn't work that way.

---

Watching some black junior mayor and a white conservative on CNN try to discuss the nuance of what Trump said:

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 15 2017 05:46pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 15 2017 06:09pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 15 2017 05:42pm)
I'm against the degradation of culture in general so I can appreciate some semblance of expectation from the media that the president not come across as a 14 year old girl on twitter or a crazy alcoholic uncle in a press conference. You want the president to be as vulgar as a drunk guy in a bar, that's cool, but I think he should be someone who kids can look up to and people can respect. The guy who makes fun of Mika Brzezinski's facelift one day cannot be a man who Americans look to for moral leadership after a major terrorist attack. It just doesn't work that way.

You want the president to be inoffensive. You want him to be bland and scripted and dignified like he doesn't poop like the rest of us. I know, we've had this conversation before.
I on the other hand want to strip away the deceitful culture that allows dysfunction to flourish, that allows societal degradation and the breakdown of our ability to compromise to the benefit of all.
I wouldn't mind a public face if it didn't mask a private one. I'm familiar enough with how flawed man is that doesn't bother me in its absence, but I recognize we live in a culture.

But that culture is the problem. I think its really the health of our country for the decades and centuries to come that's at stake. I don't believe the dysfunctional degenerate stagnancy of dishonest politics can remain stable, as it never has in the past. And the liberties threatened by trusting our country to the man behind the curtain and accepting infringements on freedoms- they set us up for some dystopic future or collapse. But I also believe the natural backlash and counterculture forces are self-correcting. The people will act. Maybe Donald Trump is that act. Maybe he'll fail, and it will come down the line after things get worse. It could manifest as a lot worse things than an orange muppet.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1142614271428142914303169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll