d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1141142143144145443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 24 2018 10:46am
Quote (Brian_D @ Sep 24 2018 12:39pm)
but its not a baby yet? :)

Neither are you by your posts.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 24 2018 10:47am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 09:43am)
don't blame me that Mitch McConnell and republicans/trump stole a SCOTUS seat...

I don't

I blame you for supporting taking down and destroying a man and his family at all costs over politics setting a precedent that you will not like when the chickens come home to roost

this process hasn't been about justice or truth and even if Kav is innocent he has been tainted forever and the process thrown into chaos for who knows how long down the road

that doesn't help an alleged victim it creates more and continues an environment that is complete garbage for sexual assault victims and those falsely accused (we don't know which is which in this case)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 24 2018 10:48am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 12:44pm)
you know as much about libertarians as you do the USSC. by the classic definition abortion is about as anti-libertarian as it gets.

you're taking away the choice t
o live from a human who cannot defend itself.

i disagree, but you've got it ass backwards, i think. not sure what you think tbh

by that logic, you're taking away a choice either way (whether it be the way you mentioned, or taking a choice away from a pregnant mother who doesn't want to raise a child be it for whatever reason).

Call me a monster, but I prioritize the choice of human lives over the unborn fetuses.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 24 2018 10:49am
Quote (Beowulf @ 24 Sep 2018 12:39)
yeah well when you support taking down a nominee without the evidence (currently) no holds barred style you get us the "cult" lady

>the “cult” lady will have several previously undiscovered sexual assault allegations from 35 years ago surface as well
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 10:50am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 10:48am)
by that logic, you're taking away a choice either way (whether it be the way you mentioned, or taking a choice away from a pregnant mother who doesn't want to raise a child be it for whatever reason).

Call me a monster, but I prioritize the choice of human lives over the unborn fetuses.

most libertarians when confronted with the choice of a human life or the mother having to go through the hardship of pregnancy and/or labor, would choose the person being able to live. they cite the fact that women can put the child up for adoption and in some cases even get their births paid for.

i agree with you, but we dont agree with mainstream libertarians.

libertarians don't operate on logic, it's all prioritization. human life > all else. violence used on someone > all else. etc.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 24 2018 10:51am
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 24 2018 10:50am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 10:42am)
other peoples' babies aren't THEIR liberties though... that's just asinine to me.

jfc
You don't need an ideology to entitle yourself to any liberties, you just need a bigger gun.

Sep 24 2018 10:52am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 24 2018 12:47pm)
I don't

I blame you for supporting taking down and destroying a man and his family at all costs over politics setting a precedent that you will not like when the chickens come home to roost

this process hasn't been about justice or truth and even if Kav is innocent he has been tainted forever and the process thrown into chaos for who knows how long down the road

that doesn't help an alleged victim it creates more and continues an environment that is complete garbage for sexual assault victims and those falsely accused (we don't know which is which in this case)

That's the thing, it can be about justice and truth, that's why I supported an FBI investigation.

If Kavanaugh is somehow innocent, then yes, the accuser, Dr. Ford, should be ashamed of herself. I just don't see the motive for her. and no, being a democratic supporter is no motive to defame a qualified SCOTUS candidate. Sorry.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 24 2018 10:55am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 10:52am)
That's the thing, it can be about justice and truth, that's why I supported an FBI investigation.

If Kavanaugh is somehow innocent, then yes, the accuser, Dr. Ford, should be ashamed of herself. I just don't see the motive for her. and no, being a democratic supporter is no motive to defame a qualified SCOTUS candidate. Sorry.

you're operating under the false idea that an investigation can only have a binary result: that being Kav is cleared, or Kav is found to have done it.

this is the result of you not understanding how investigations and due process work in America, and having a bias for the result you desire (as well as the stalling efforts it creates).

you would do well to read a book on investigations, you're implying not only a false binary, but also that the 2 results you allow for are more likely. the truth is the investigation would still turn out a he said she said situation. we dont have time machines.
Sep 24 2018 10:58am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 24 2018 12:49pm)
>the “cult” lady will have several previously undiscovered sexual assault allegations from 35 years ago surface as well

that's why I'm, and democrats, should be worried about her, surely she hasn't sexually assaulted anyone LOL.
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 24 2018 12:50pm)
most libertarians when confronted with the choice of a human life or the mother having to go through the hardship of pregnancy and/or labor, would choose the person being able to live. they cite the fact that women can put the child up for adoption and in some cases even get their births paid for.

i agree with you, but we dont agree with mainstream libertarians.

libertarians don't operate on logic, it's all prioritization. human life > all else. violence used on someone > all else. etc.

interesting, thanks. my grandfather was a republican/libertarian (parents are both liberals/independents) and he wasn't religious at all, he was pro-choice I'm pretty sure, he just hated the government telling him what to do/hated taxes.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 24 2018 10:59am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 24 2018 09:52am)

Where is the justice?

If she is telling the truth her story has been taken by some on the left and the media and the legal teams and done her a great disservice continuing to use and abuse a victim over politics

If he is telling the truth a shit ton of the country think he is a sexual predator because of guilty as soon as accused politics

and what happens next? the next victims of sexual abuse continue to struggle to come forward because of the chaos unfolding now. A big chunck of the country labeling the accused a liar democrat operative yadayada

They should vote and confirm him

he's already paid the price for an accusation we will probably never know the truth about

if enough comes out impeach him but these last few weeks have been complete bullshit and destructive for the country and more importantly those that have been victims of sexual abuse and those facing false accusations
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1141142143144145443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll