d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Drama In The Trump Reality Show
Prev1131415161720Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
May 18 2017 10:46am
I think theres a whole bunch of categories you'd have to measure
Degree of baselessness
Number of different narratives
Degree of media hysteria (Ebola!)
Level of persecution impact
Length of media coverage
etc etc

For example, McCain is right that he faced a far more baseless and insidious and dirty trick from GWB/Rove to deny him the primary when they ran a whisper campaign of him fathering a black baby out of wedlock. But it received almost 0 mainstream media coverage, and he never faced actual witch hunting and didn't suffer any loss beyond the election for it. If it hurt anyone it would be his daughter, who has to live with being the reason her dad never got to be president. Meanwhile the witch hunts against the Clintons have been far ranging and extremely drawn out- Bill dicking bimbos, bimbo eruption, her kickback/money laundering, the emails, benghazi, the email coverup, hell I'm sure I'm forgetting a half dozen more. But these charges weren't baseless- there was a significant degree of wrongdoing in almost all of them besides maybe Benghazi. The media coverage was never more than a slow burn, she got a good deal of coverage on "Why are we still covering this ancient news, lets move on!" via stuff like "Enough about her damn emails!", as opposed to everyone in the press calling for her head on a spike. And after all of that, no charges stuck to her or bill, and all it lost was Hillary's election(s). Now contrast a 3rd example of Budd Dwyer, who faced a very profoundly unfair miscarriage of justice and lynching by both the media and the courts, getting wrongly convicted, then killing himself on TV (hey man nice shot). But he faced only a single narrative, limited media coverage and it wasn't exactly drawn out but then again he didn't give them a chance.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 18 2017 10:53am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 18 2017 09:46am)
I think theres a whole bunch of categories you'd have to measure
Degree of baselessness
Number of different narratives
Degree of media hysteria (Ebola!)
Level of persecution impact
Length of media coverage
etc etc

Degree goes to Clinton
hysteria to trump
Clinton took more damage

the dumb shit said and believed and made up about Clinton was way worse. The worst Trump conspiracy is pretty about the same degree as Clinton's most mild

Trump takes a lot of hits with late night and entertainment blah blah but Trump not only benefits from it he was playing grab ass with all the butt hurt lefties that were also attacking Clinton

Like I said Trump will benefit from the late night/tv hysteria msm hysteria every day

Clinton took hard hits that did damage from both the left/right and people that just blindly hate her in general for whatever reasons they choose to buy into whether legitimate or otherwise

Trump also has the benefit of being a cult leader with a ride or die 30%
Gold: 2,504.69
May 18 2017 10:57am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 10:53am)
Degree goes to Clinton
hysteria to trump
Clinton took more damage

the dumb shit said and believed and made up about Clinton was way worse. The worst Trump conspiracy is pretty about the same degree as Clinton's most mild

Trump takes a lot of hits with late night and entertainment blah blah but Trump not only benefits from it he was playing grab ass with all the butt hurt lefties that were also attacking Clinton

Like I said Trump will benefit from the late night/tv hysteria msm hysteria every day

Clinton took hard hits that did damage from both the left/right and people that just blindly hate her in general for whatever reasons they choose to buy into whether legitimate or otherwise

I'm just not sure how we can justify this statement in terms of legislation. it clearly helps him win in a sense, but it certainly hasnt helped him do anything in office.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 18 2017 11:02am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2017 09:57am)
I'm just not sure how we can justify this statement in terms of legislation. it clearly helps him win in a sense, but it certainly hasnt helped him do anything in office.

that's his own incompetence though

in his mind no matter what he does it will be enough for him to be the greatest

it helps make 8 years more likely though especially with democrats not learning a damn thing from the loss
May 18 2017 11:09am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 11:02am)
that's his own incompetence though

in his mind no matter what he does it will be enough for him to be the greatest

it helps make 8 years more likely though especially with democrats not learning a damn thing from the loss

i just think the hysteria has slowed his white house to a crawl. they're always dealing with either an unrelated-to-policy fire that needs dousing or they're confronted with a list of negatives from any policy proposals. And as soon as they start with the policy they get slammed with another controversy.

i mean healthcare is a great example. The first bill was slapped down with ease, the second had to be rushed ahead of media scrutiny. because even rushing it through in such a transparent manner beats the CBO score headlines. now it's gonna get chopped and screwed in senate until it's unrecognizable. Meanwhile, DeVos' agenda has been scrutinized heavily, the "will congress give money for the wall" story has been prevalent inbetween scandals, the DOJ has been pretty insanely under a magnifying glass, Ben Carson might be dead for all we know, Tillerson is likely wishing he was still in the private sector with how much scrutiny has been put on him, the Gorsuch debacle was a victory but at a nuclear cost, etc.

it helped him win, surely its not helping him now, like at all.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 18 2017 11:11am
Gold: 22,164.69
May 18 2017 11:44am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 10:53am)
Degree goes to Clinton
hysteria to trump
Clinton took more damage

You're referring to degree of baselessness right?
Because thats really backwards. Clinton's controversies weren't baseless or unfounded. They were exploited and drawn out and exaggerated, but they were the product of her actual malfeasance on multiple issues. Bill dicked Monica, Bill perjured himself about it, Hillary attacked the accusers, Hillary mishandled classified documents, Hillary perjured herself about it, Hillary destroyed evidence, Hillary cheated in the primary. Hillary peddled a false story about Benghazi, and may or may not have been doing something shady running guns in Libya, but the actual Benghazi attack really wasn't her fault and the nonsense about 'denying security' was overblown.
My point being that the measure of baselessness is how much fire is under all that smoke. Hillary had actual fires to stamp out. The republicans blew tons of smoke, but it wasn't entirely baseless.

Yes so far no blows have found any notches in Trump's armor and the hit jobs haven't been successful. It was what sank Hillary's campaign, but Trump's proving himself a teflon don simply by being inoculated, he's the wolf in boy who cried wolf style.
I'm however hesitant to predict that he'll survive all of this intact. He took the huge amount of negative press over the past few months and cries from democrats and all that happened was democrat polls dropped and Trump's stayed exactly where they were, but just because it hasn't worked so far doesn't mean that he's going to endlessly dodge / evade / avoid / block / defense through it. At some point, that 2 handed charger donk taking pot shots at the afk werebear zon is going to actually land a hit and kill her. This past week has seen the most intense flurry of a large number of different stories all aimed at Trump, and even if not one of them connects, its going to trip him up and judging by Trump's temperament, he might make an unforced error due to a wounded ego.

Like this special counsel thing, anyone can see how this is self serving for rosenstein. He knows theres no smoking gun to find, but he also knows that if he lets Trump appoint an FBI head to investigate himself, it will lead to a chorus of accusations of obstruction and collusion and they'll target Rosenstein for not appointing a counsel. By putting in the least disagreeable and most qualified guy he can muster, it just gives the appearance of both independence from Trump and being apolitical while being a deeply political and superficial move- Trump's wisest move would be to embrace it since it won't amount to anything. Instead he cries like a snowflake.

i mean healthcare is a great example. The first bill was slapped down with ease, the second had to be rushed ahead of media scrutiny. because even rushing it through in such a transparent manner beats the CBO score headlines. now it's gonna get chopped and screwed in senate until it's unrecognizable. Meanwhile, DeVos' agenda has been scrutinized heavily, the "will congress give money for the wall" story has been prevalent inbetween scandals, the DOJ has been pretty insanely under a magnifying glass, Ben Carson might be dead for all we know, Tillerson is likely wishing he was still in the private sector with how much scrutiny has been put on him, the Gorsuch debacle was a victory but at a nuclear cost, etc.

I think his economic plan is the big issue being held up, thats why the stock markets are so volatile at the moment. The healthcare fight will be bitter no matter how it goes down, but the economic package would have wide support and coast through if Trump doesn't get sunk by all these scandals. If it nukes Trump before he can pass his plan, its either delayed or scuttled. The markets don't like that.

And Ben Carson is still stuck in that elevator just like Gendry is still rowing.

This post was edited by Goomshill on May 18 2017 11:47am
May 18 2017 11:57am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 18 2017 11:44am)
And Ben Carson is still stuck in that elevator just like Gendry is still rowing.

lol'd
Gold: 17,384.69
May 18 2017 01:39pm
So trump is condemned to misery till 2020, if he's still alive or in charge. This is what experts and historians are saying here; Robert Mueller, CIA, FBI: Trump will be harassed, much more "scandals" will come etc...

From Watergate [under Richard Nixon] to the Iran-Contra case [under Ronald Reagan], special prosecutors tend to carry out investigations that last for years, leading to a never-ending series of media revelations about documents, assignments, Indictments and even convictions. "
Gold: 18,470.03
May 18 2017 01:45pm

Just curious, has anyone seen any evidence that Trump conspired with Russia to steal the election?
Gold: 57.00
May 18 2017 01:46pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ 18 May 2017 15:45)
http://i66.tinypic.com/30a97pi.jpg

Just curious, has anyone seen any evidence that Trump conspired with Russia to steal the election?

propaganda at its finest :lol:
and to answer your question, high-level democrats and officials have all said the same thing publicly: no
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131415161720Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll