d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev113141516173169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 24 2015 09:19pm
Tell me, even after seeing the lindsay graham directed short film of destroying cell phones, do you guys still not believe this entire trump candidacy is a staged maneuver being run by the RNC?
Does it not strike any of you as suspicious that all the supposed 'offended parties' are republicans who are tight in the fold? How everyone responds in unison with a clear script? Oh he denounced mccain, now every republican candidate takes their turn tut tutting trump one by one.

They didn't fool me the first time, but fool you twice, shame is most definitely on you. If you couldn't tell after the herman cain 9-9-9 plan that these stooges are being used as a sideshow smoke screen to cover GOP candidates during the most treacherous leadup months to an election year, then you probably shouldn't be discussing politics at all. Candidates on either side have absolutely nothing to gain by their media appearances right now, and everything to lose. They have to throw their hat in the ring and announce and then try to slink into the shadows and not make a peep for months because any political strategist worth their salt can tell you that theres no such thing as good publicity in the year before the election. Trump is diverting media attention by following a script and making sure to say something to grab national news once a week, and he's probably doing it because he's both a true believer in the RNC and willing to play the role willingly, and because its going to help his own brand at the same time. Its clearly being stage managed, I doubt donald trump has a single talking point or insult to hurl at someone that wasn't carefully tested in focus groups long beforehand
Gold: 260.11
Jul 24 2015 09:53pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 24 2015 09:19pm)
Tell me, even after seeing the lindsay graham directed short film of destroying cell phones, do you guys still not believe this entire trump candidacy is a staged maneuver being run by the RNC?
Does it not strike any of you as suspicious that all the supposed 'offended parties' are republicans who are tight in the fold? How everyone responds in unison with a clear script? Oh he denounced mccain, now every republican candidate takes their turn tut tutting trump one by one.

They didn't fool me the first time, but fool you twice, shame is most definitely on you. If you couldn't tell after the herman cain 9-9-9 plan that these stooges are being used as a sideshow smoke screen to cover GOP candidates during the most treacherous leadup months to an election year, then you probably shouldn't be discussing politics at all. Candidates on either side have absolutely nothing to gain by their media appearances right now, and everything to lose. They have to throw their hat in the ring and announce and then try to slink into the shadows and not make a peep for months because any political strategist worth their salt can tell you that theres no such thing as good publicity in the year before the election. Trump is diverting media attention by following a script and making sure to say something to grab national news once a week, and he's probably doing it because he's both a true believer in the RNC and willing to play the role willingly, and because its going to help his own brand at the same time. Its clearly being stage managed, I doubt donald trump has a single talking point or insult to hurl at someone that wasn't carefully tested in focus groups long beforehand

Conspiracy theory much
Gold: 159.02
Jul 24 2015 09:54pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 24 Jul 2015 21:19)

trump did 9-11 confirmed
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 24 2015 09:58pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 24 2015 11:19pm)

How is he planning to help the RNC? Given his attitude so far, I'm guessing he's probably going to switch to be an independent and siphon off votes from the GOP.
Gold: 13,770.00
Jul 24 2015 11:18pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 24 2015 08:58pm)
How is he planning to help the RNC? Given his attitude so far, I'm guessing he's probably going to switch to be an independent and siphon off votes from the GOP.

That won't happen. What goomshill is saying might be true on some level. I don't think Trump will get the backing of the gop but they have no problem propping him up before a relatively more moderate republican that does get the backing of the gop comes in to destroy his dumb comments.

Think about first debate Rubio or Bush or whomever comes out and confronta him on the Mexican migrant issue, all of the sudden these guys seem like the good guys. All of the sudden Hispanics see these guys standing up for them and say this might be a candidate I can back etc.
Gold: 475.46
Jul 24 2015 11:40pm
trump will never be the president. its so funny to see so many idiots actually following him. murka at its best.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 25 2015 01:39am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 24 2015 09:58pm)

Trump isn't running for office. He won't switch to independent, he will leave either before or after the primaries and completely disappear from the national race when we get close to november.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 24 2015 09:53pm)
Conspiracy theory much

Its basic political strategy, it doesn't require any conspiracy. The republicans are collaborating with.... the other republicans?
Its very, very obvious staged theatre. Trump goes around making as much of a distraction as possible, so that the media spotlight isn't on the real candidate(s). We don't get sick of them, they don't make any gaffes, we don't scrutinize their every movement. They get to make themselves look good by denouncing trump and his antics. As ofthevoid says, it lets right wing republicans fake a position on an issue by distancing themselves from a nutwing.

Try to imagine what would happen if an actual loose cannon was shitting up the republican primaries. The party would ostracize him, force him to run independent and be forgotten, they wouldn't give him any free publicity and a national platform, and he wouldn't be refraining from attacking anyone other than fellow republicans who just so happen to be coordinated by the party. Do you think they would be giving any legitimacy to his role as a republican? He might embarrass the party by calling the queen an old dried up cunt, that sort of thing. There wouldn't be slick and well produced videos of lindsay graham destroying his phone coming out a day or two after a supposedly off-the-cuff doxxing by trump being a madman. Those are the kind of theatrics that have been tested with focus groups before they ever go live, you aren't going to see a video of an old man doing something potentially embarrassing being released by a campaign on a days notice with so much to lose. Do you think the political strategies on a national election with so much at stake would risk even for a minute the amount of damage a batshit crazy candidate could do if he wasn't strictly under control and just doing it as an act?

Doesn't it strike you in the least bit that all of trumps antics so far have risked zero damage outside the party? He attacks mccain, mccain is in on it, no harm done, everyone gets to make a media spectacle and look like good guys denouncing him. Lindsay Graham with his personality of a lobster gets to soften his image and look a victim handling a personal slight in stride. All the candidates get to weigh in on behalf of mexicans, giving them an opening on a crucial demographic.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jul 25 2015 01:41am
Gold: 18.00
Jul 25 2015 03:24am
CARRIE?
Gold: 0.76
Jul 25 2015 04:40am
Quote (thundercock @ 24 Jul 2015 02:23)
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/politics/donald-trump-anderson-cooper/

Good lord! This interview is NUTS. If he's elected this country will burn...I think I'd like to see that.

I know it's not REM but I like the PuNk edge
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2015 06:56am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 23 2015 10:19pm)
Trump is now saying he might run as a 3rd party candidate. Can you say self-destructing Republican party

If this happens it will destroy the gops chances... it'd be the final nail in the coffin. Then we get to watch Hillary give our country away to illegals for votes :wallbash:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev113141516173169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll