d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1131415161747Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 10 2015 01:22pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 10 2015 01:32pm)
This is inaccurate which is why the conversation is happening, chickenpox in children-->shingles in immunocompromised being just one example that is becoming increasingly clinically relevant.

I wasn't talking about chickenpox.
The current conversation has little-to-nothing to do with chickenpox vaccines.
Are you suggesting chickenpox vaccines should be mandatory, and that it currently causes a statistically significant amount of deaths in America?
Even some of the more rabid advocates of state violence look down upon making that mandatory.

It just so happens the majority of citizens are vaccinated which is why preventable diseases aren't commonly spread. 1:1 transmission of preventable disease from unvaccinated to immunocompromised is pretty clear. You raise the numbers of unvaccinated and that becomes a huge problem.

Thankfully there are "astronomically" more same parents than not so we don't see this type of transmission frequently.

Its one of many reasons why various diseases aren't commonly spread.
Keeping various vaccines non-mandatory, while encouraging their use is not going to suddenly cause massive deaths, nor are massive deaths from non-vaccination currently what is happening here. (consistent with my true claims you called inaccurate)

0 US measles deaths in ten years dude. Heres your sign

Do you think it is easy for the state to gain custody of a child? You have to be feeding them dog food and sending them to school covered in bruises to get an investigation. And even then the only thing that happens is a social worker helps a family in crisis get out of crisis and get the services they need. If kids are removed they go to grandmas, or aunties or uncles house temporarily until mother is able to get off the crack and put some food in the pantry. When there is no family to speak of, when mother learned to smoke crack and neglect her children from grandma and auntie isn't any better, the kid will go and stay with a family who cares as long as necessary for them to be okay, meanwhile they get to go to a nice school receive the best health care in the world, and get the education and nutrition they need. Several of my peers who are going into Children's Services are adults who have "aged out" of the system and want to put their unique experience and skills to the best use.

You really have a kneejerk reaction about government. I bet you watched ET as a kid and got freaked out by the big scary government bad guy that is so generic and used ad nauseam.

You have the opposite reaction. A kneejerk defense of government and a warped view of the reality.

I know from firsthand knowledge and from a large plethora of stories that what you claim is very far from the truth. There are many cases of CPS harassing families, having people arrested, and abducting children (or trying to) when abuse is not occurring.
You don't have to go far to find examples proving that your whimsical savior view of government is full of shit and doesn't reflect reality.

You can look at the gulf war vet who had his kids taken away because his doctor prescribed marijuana for his headaches, or the in-numerous cases involving children playing or walking outside, or the case where they took a kid away because the parents smoked pot and the kid died when put in custody of a convicted pot dealer.. Its not all roses and sunshine and cautious helpful approaches like you pretend.
False and grossly exaggerated allegations used as a pretense to remove children also happen.

Claiming visible signs of physical abuse and feeding them dog food in order for there to be an investigation is a disgusting misrepresentation.

Quote (balrog)
Cam, I would have loved to see you refuse the Polio vaccine a couple decades ago.

What a disgusting thing to say by a very disgusting person.
As has been mentioned over and over I am not against vaccinations, nor would I turn down some vaccinations for myself or my children.
Gold: 2.70
Feb 10 2015 01:24pm
yes
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 01:39pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 02:22pm)
I wasn't talking about chickenpox.
The current conversation has little-to-nothing to do with chickenpox vaccines.
Are you suggesting chickenpox vaccines should be mandatory, and that it currently causes a statistically significant amount of deaths in America?
Even some of the more rabid advocates of state violence look down upon making that mandatory.

Its one of many reasons why various diseases aren't commonly spread.
Keeping various vaccines non-mandatory, while encouraging their use is not going to suddenly cause massive deaths, nor are massive deaths from non-vaccination currently what is happening here. (consistent with my true claims you called inaccurate)

0 US measles deaths in ten years dude. Heres your sign

I am not stating the pox vaccine should be mandatory, simply used it as an example to show that it is quite possible for an unvaccinated individual to spread disease to an immunocompromised which you said was impossible.

The reason why vaccine preventable diseases are at low time lows in this country is because of the widespread usage of vaccinations. If the rational thought regarding vaccinations was ignored and vaccines no longer administered, vaccine preventable deaths would no doubt increase...so I don't understand the point about talking about current deaths while rational thought with vaccines is ongoing.

A lot of unnecessary flame here from some users, I understand that your personal choice is to vaccinate yourself and your children etc., I'm confused as to what you would actually want legislated as far as vaccines go. My personal view is that all cat A vaccines be mandated for everyone, exceptions for health reasons allowed. Those not vaccinated be penalized in some manner. How does your view compare to this?

Gold: 277,740.50
Feb 10 2015 01:53pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 10 2015 02:09pm)
There is no valid reason to oppose vaccination. You are not a critical thinker, you're just not smart. If you suffer from serious, dehibilitating ignorance such that it puts your child and others at risk you do not deserve to enjoy custody.

This thread is not about opposing vaccination or not, its about making mandatory or not. You suffer from serious, dehibilitating ignorance such as failing to see the difference.

This post was edited by 2sexy4u on Feb 10 2015 01:53pm
Gold: 1,111.11
Feb 10 2015 02:02pm
Wow reading the first few pages of this thread made it clear on how lost society is. I'll leave it at that. GOD save us all.

This post was edited by PuA on Feb 10 2015 02:02pm
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 10 2015 02:09pm
I am not stating the pox vaccine should be mandatory, simply used it as an example to show that it is quite possible for an unvaccinated individual to spread disease to an immunocompromised which you said was impossible.

No thats not what I said.
I said the likelihood of an unvaccinated person in america contracting a disease we were talking about(particularly measles) and spreading it to someone else who then dies from it is astronomically low, which it is.
This shows that an unvaccinated person is not the very significant reckless public safety hazard its being portrayed as, nor should it be equated with killing or attacking others.

The reason why vaccine preventable diseases are at low time lows in this country is because of the widespread usage of vaccinations.

Thats one of the reasons. Advances elsewhere drastically reduced instances of various diseases before vaccines were fully implemented.

If the rational thought regarding vaccinations was ignored and vaccines no longer administered, vaccine preventable deaths would no doubt increase...so I don't understand the point about talking about current deaths while rational thought with vaccines is ongoing.

Who here is advocating this? No one.
The occasional person that opts out is not going to cause widespread disease and death, nor are they currently.

A lot of unnecessary flame here from some users, I understand that your personal choice is to vaccinate yourself and your children etc., I'm confused as to what you would actually want legislated as far as vaccines go. My personal view is that all cat A vaccines be mandated for everyone, exceptions for health reasons allowed. Those not vaccinated be penalized in some manner. How does your view compare to this?

Nearly the complete opposite. Strong encouragement for worthwhile vaccines, with Zero fullscale mandates. (perhaps barring something completely ridiculous and Armageddon-like that pops up)
Schools being a gray area where a mild level of vaccinations required to attend is more tolerable compared to a hard mandate of everyone.

Do you have a link to which vaccines are in which category?
"No patient receiving a category A vaccine will be negatively impacted by the pathogen he/she is being immunized against or the actual vaccine."

I have a strong feeling this is near ~0% of vaccines if thats the actual definition.
Nor is a vaccine being safe a good reason to mandate every 'safe' vaccine for everyone. That sounds far more extreme than anything anyone else here would propose.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Feb 10 2015 02:11pm
Gold: 0.76
Feb 10 2015 02:09pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ 10 Feb 2015 14:53)
This thread is not about opposing vaccination or not, its about making mandatory or not. You suffer from serious, dehibilitating ignorance such as failing to see the difference.

The only possible way the Government could enforce such a law in a "real world" sense is exactly how it is now through the school system the public schools demand that all kids enrolled be up to date on the current vaccines last I knew it was just smallpox polio mmr NOT chicken pox or flu. there is really nothing else they can do to enforce the law.
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 02:27pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 03:09pm)
No thats not what I said.
I said the likelihood of an unvaccinated person in america contracting a disease we were talking about(particularly measles) and spreading it to someone else who then dies from it is astronomically low, which it is.
This shows that an unvaccinated person is not the very significant reckless public safety hazard its being portrayed as, nor should it be equated with killing or attacking others.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/02/open-letter-parent-unvaccinated-child-measles-exposure
It has been authenticated so it isn't just propaganda. In a non mandated world this circumstance would be increasingly common. It's not common but it certainly happens and is 100% preventable

Thats one of the reasons. Advances elsewhere drastically reduced instances of various diseases before vaccines were fully implemented.

Who here is advocating this? No one.
The occasional person that opts out is not going to cause widespread disease and death, nor are they currently.
The occasional person opts out, spreads the word, now you have wildfire effect of people potentially opting out with no laws to reign it in.

Nearly the complete opposite. Strong encouragement for worthwhile vaccines, with Zero fullscale mandates. (perhaps barring something completely ridiculous and Armageddon-like that pops up)
Schools being a gray area where a mild level of vaccinations required to attend is more tolerable compared to a hard mandate of everyone.

I think with this policy you will have an increased number of individuals unvaccinated, increasing the rates of vaccine preventable illnesses for both unvaccinated (which would be larger than it is now) and immunocompromised groups

Do you have a link to which vaccines are in which category?

I have a strong feeling this is near ~0% of vaccines if thats the actual definition.

Mmr is on list, I have it at home when I'm off work I can check. There are exceptions to this as well that are noted for example immunosuppression but that is the definition

Nor is a vaccine being safe a good reason to mandate every 'safe' vaccine for everyone. That sounds far more extreme than anything anyone else here would propose.

Link + red

Overall I think your view is one which expects competency in individuals that may not exist

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 10 2015 02:30pm
Gold: 475.46
Feb 10 2015 02:29pm
of course, wtf is the problem with vaccinations?
Gold: 273.37
Feb 10 2015 02:55pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ Feb 10 2015 02:53pm)

If there is no reason to oppose it, why would it not be mandatory? I thought they followed logically from one to the other.

Either you prevent disease at no cost to anyone, or you allow disease to flourish at a real cost to individuals and society on the whole. Cambo's religion is some vague, abstract, and poorly defined notion of freedom, but I don't think that's an excuse to let people die.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131415161747Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll