d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev1131415161741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2015 04:05pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 23 2015 12:58am)
es, I hope you're not relying on a { cultural:biological } dichotomy to play some kind of rhetorical vocabulary game because I will immediately shut you and anyone else down in this thread. Biological Gender is the only gender I care about, in-case any of you cultural determinists missed it before, I won't qualify it again.

i asked for you to specify simply to avoid the possibility of "lul you're defying sexes!11" that the wording was leading to.
as with the "all else is error and should be treated so" - well, seems like a no.
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/two-spirits/map.html

inb4 handwaving and refusing to acknowledge the massive amounts of variation

This post was edited by Gastly on Jan 22 2015 04:07pm
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 22 2015 04:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 22 2015 03:56pm)
you really dont seem to understand what is studied scientific fact. The human brain and what genitals you have are not dependant on each other. The fact that a normal person doesnt feel as if the are the opposite gender that their genitalia doesnt make it a disorder. It makes it abnormal but not a disorder. You are allowed your opinion about what you would do in the place of an abnormal person, or even what advice you would give to an abnormal person but understand this, to suggest an abnormal state is a disorder is wrong. Not morally, not religiously, not socially, but scientifically. Its simply an incorrect statement if you extend your opinion to an attempt at factual information.

Small minority of people born as freaks and I'm supposed to care? I know how evolution works, the freaks who make it become canon adaptations, from a cold objective perspective I don't give a crap about your identity or any other unique butterfly who wants to distinguish themselves from the norm. Homosexuals are what, 2% of the population, and how many believe they're a different gender than they were born, probably less than that. The impact they have on life is negligible, they're abnormal and their disorder isn't a cause for celebration. I don't congratulate a schizophrenic for believing have invisible friends, or a downie brownie for having more chromosomes than me, you were born different and you have got to play with the hand you were dealt.

There isn't anything wrong with acknowledging something as a disorder, that is how we describe abnormal folk, and I won't compromise on language so freaks can feel better.

Jan 22 2015 04:06pm
Quote (Gastly @ Jan 22 2015 04:05pm)
i asked for you to specify simply to avoid the possibility of "lul you're defying sexes!11" that the wording was leading to.
as with the "all else is error and should be treated so" - well, seems like a no.
http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/two-spirits/map.html

Nope, I won't allow it, if you want to argue the basis of biological gender then do so.

Keep that word game shit to yourself, this isn't reddit.
Jan 22 2015 04:11pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 23 2015 01:06am)
Nope, I won't allow it, if you want to argue the basis of biological gender then do so.

Keep that word game shit to yourself, this isn't reddit.

throwing temper tantrums does not work if you won't actually address the variety of genders and practices regarding gender that we see across cultures and time periods.

This post was edited by Gastly on Jan 22 2015 04:11pm
Jan 22 2015 04:12pm
Quote (Gastly @ Jan 22 2015 04:11pm)
throwing temper tantrums does not work if you won't actually address the variety of genders and practices that we see across cultures and time periods.

Non-sense, gender is easily reduced to a binary and all deviation an abnormality.

Simple, concise, easily understood and explanatory enough to teach my children.

This post was edited by j0ltk0la on Jan 22 2015 04:12pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 22 2015 04:14pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 04:05pm)
Small minority of people born as freaks and I'm supposed to care?

No one cares if you care. However you are continually using definitions wrong which implies you either dont understand the concepts at play or are intentionally making incorrect statements to troll. Either way youre categorically wrong.

The impact they have on life is negligible, they're abnormal and their disorder isn't a cause for celebration.

again abnormality isnt a disorder. you continue to use that word wrong, isnt there a inego montoya meme for that type of behavior?

I don't congratulate a schizophrenic for believing have invisible friends

schizophrenia is a disorder based on the fact that those with it cannot distinguish what is real. If a man had a penis but thought he had a vagina that would be schizophrenia, if a man aligns himself mentally as feminine thats not a disorder.

There isn't anything wrong with acknowledging something as a disorder, that is how we describe abnormal folk, and I won't compromise on language so freaks can feel better.

Again the language means less than your inability to grasp the concept. There is something wrong with presenting something as a disorder if its not. Would you claim there is nothing wrong with continually presenting an apple as an orange to someone? If you believe the apple is an orange than you are schizophrenic, but thats a whole different ball game.

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 04:12pm)
Non-sense, gender is easily reduced to a binary and all deviation an abnormality.

Simple, concise, easily understood and explanatory enough to teach my children.

thats both anthropologically and mathematically incorrect. you cant claim something is a 1 if its really a .95. Rounding is an imprecise practice not related to binary.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 22 2015 04:15pm
Jan 22 2015 04:19pm
If you're confused about being born the right gender, you're indeed experiencing disorder, that is the perfect definition of disorder.

I don't understand what the problem is? A disorder is a disorder, plain as day, if Gender Identity Disorder was normal there wouldn't be a contention with the concept. We have less serious things classified as disorders, which are not as obvious, the topic you should be focusing on is sensitivity because that seems to b
e your major conflict with this. I will say again I don't care about feelings, yours, theirs, or any groups when discussing the facts of a situation. You may find it displeasing to refer to some mental abnormality as a disorder but I find the truth comforting.
Jan 22 2015 04:21pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 23 2015 01:12am)

the massive amounts of cultural variation hints at the fact that that absolute, god-given biotruths don't really cut it when it's human behaviour and convenciences that we're talking about.
Jan 22 2015 04:21pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 22 2015 04:14pm)
thats both anthropologically and mathematically incorrect. you cant claim something is a 1 if its really a .95. Rounding is an imprecise practice not related to binary.

In general, you still have your binary, because the number of transgenders is negligible to the norm, doesn't that just make your autism flare up?

Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 22 2015 04:27pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 04:19pm)
If you're confused about being born the right gender, you're indeed experiencing disorder, that is the perfect definition of disorder.

I don't understand what the problem is? A disorder is a disorder, plain as day, if Gender Identity Disorder was normal there wouldn't be a contention with the concept. We have less serious things classified as disorders, which are not as obvious, the topic you should be focusing on is sensitivity because that seems to b
e your major conflict with this. I will say again I don't care about feelings, yours, theirs, or any groups when discussing the facts of a situation. You may find it displeasing to refer to some mental abnormality as a disorder but I find the truth comforting.

you cant speak of "facts" and then put "right gender" in the definition. Definitions are objective, not yours or even the general consensus of what people consider normal.

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 22 2015 04:21pm)
In general, you still have your binary, because the number of transgenders is negligible to the norm, doesn't that just make your autism flare up?

incorrect sir. mathematically you can binary penis and vagina. you cannot binary gender identity because it doesnt conform to the 0-1 constraints.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131415161741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll