d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump Vs Harris In November...
Prev1131415161725Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 9 2024 02:34pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Sep 9 2024 04:22pm)
Per Politico
Why I even bother with the cult

Donald Trump is laying the foundation for a “rigged” debate on ABC News before he squares off with Kamala Harris.

In interviews, fundraising appeals, rallies, and posts on social media, the former president has repeatedly blasted the host network and accused its top talent of being biased against him. He’s even accused the network, without evidence, of providing the questions in advance to the Harris campaign.

The debate, like all debates vs. Trump will be rigged. They always are.

Because if they weren't, the American people would "see", that Kamala is just a puppet.

Gold: 13,685.00
Sep 9 2024 03:22pm
Quote (SkySwallower @ Sep 9 2024 03:24pm)
We do not really have heavy partisan propaganda in the same way you have e.g. fox news. I can assure you everyone left of the far right in europe is terrified of another trump term, especially because of the implications for ukraine and russia.

What implication, that the war ends? Why is that a bad thing, even if it's conceding the Donbas, a place you never been, never would have gone in peaceful times and has zero impact on your life. Or do you believe if the Russians aren't stopped in Ukraine they'll be marching on Paris? Instead you would prefer some military puppet to continue writing blank checks to continue a war that's claimed so many lives. For what exactly? We see Ukrainian men on the daily forcibly mobilized by slave-catcher tactics. I prefer people that want to live be left alone and not be imprisoned in their own country, instead volunteers like you should take their place and fight a war if that's what you really want.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Sep 9 2024 03:23pm
Gold: 0.85
Sep 9 2024 03:28pm
Quote (SkySwallower @ Sep 9 2024 03:24pm)
We do not really have heavy partisan propaganda in the same way you have e.g. fox news. I can assure you everyone left of the far right in europe is terrified of another trump term, especially because of the implications for ukraine and russia.

And who caused that sentiment? News network. Without those news network and social medias, you guys would have no information bout the guy. Who owns social medias and news network? I invite you to google the name of the CEO of every news outlet and social media out there. You will get the bigger picture once you do so. I even invite you to search for more information bout all those CEOs and try to see the few points they have in common.

Then you will understand why the western world and EU suffer from the same fate.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 9 2024 03:53pm
Quote (SkySwallower @ 9 Sep 2024 20:54)
Thanks, that data actually shows an increase in illegal immigration combined with asylum seekers in the last years (at least if I read the charts correctly). Together with the data showing more people being apprehended it seems most likely that there is an increase of immigrants at the border (which causes both more illegal immegrants to get through and more apprehensions).

Apparently there also was a bill to at least make it harder for asylum seekers, that died in congress because of the lack of republican support (at least that how i understand the tkdr of the bill from https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/analysis-senate-border-bill).

I still want to point out that the data suggests an increase in demand for asylum/illegal immigration. This will probably need additional legislation, which democrats tried to establish but the bill didn't pass congress. Feel free to correct me, but is that not how politics is supposed to work?

I addressed the turd that was the ""bipartisan"" border bill back in the day:
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=103071572&f=119&p=657398492#p657398492

Kinda funny btw how you constantly insist on us providing unbiased and meaningful data and sources, yet get your own info from a highly biased (in this case pro-immigration) advocacy group.

Demand for immigration from poor to rich countries will always exist, at least in latent form. How many of the prospective immigrants actually try, however, is very evidently influenced by the political situation in the target destination. If the prospective immigrants assume a high chance of making it to America, more of them will try. If they think the chance of success is low, fewer of them will leave their home and go to the southern US border in the first place.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 9 2024 03:53pm
Gold: 4,575.69
Sep 9 2024 03:56pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 9 2024 02:22pm)
What implication, that the war ends? Why is that a bad thing, even if it's conceding the Donbas, a place you never been, never would have gone in peaceful times and has zero impact on your life. Or do you believe if the Russians aren't stopped in Ukraine they'll be marching on Paris? Instead you would prefer some military puppet to continue writing blank checks to continue a war that's claimed so many lives. For what exactly? We see Ukrainian men on the daily forcibly mobilized by slave-catcher tactics. I prefer people that want to live be left alone and not be imprisoned in their own country, instead volunteers like you should take their place and fight a war if that's what you really want.

I think that is the typical European view. It's a bit silly and hysterical in my view but it is what it is. I think the fear is rooted in their own feelings of impotence with respect to economic and military power which isn't that wrong.
Gold: 116.69
Sep 9 2024 04:00pm
Quote (El1te @ 9 Sep 2024 15:37)
To add, in my country of Canada this holds true, similar to EU: we don't have a free and fair media, we have an autocratic propaganda network that services and is bought and paid for by the LPC and their left wing collaborators (CBC, CTV, Global etc.). There is NO right wing media that isn't persecuted and demonized as far right (Rebel News and Conrad Black's National Post). We have zero diversity in our media, everything is a script and it's honestly worse than Europe. And oh yeah Conrad Black has been politically persecuted into oblivion, wonder why.

source: https://www.readthemaple.com/election-endorsements/

did you miss last time I posted or was that just a big ol' dodge into your echo chamber?

This post was edited by 18nomaUSEast on Sep 9 2024 04:00pm
Sep 9 2024 04:10pm
Quote (18nomaUSEast @ Sep 9 2024 03:00pm)

"None" for the Globe & Mail invalidates this whole graphic

You should peruse their twitter account
Sep 9 2024 04:10pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 9 Sep 2024 23:22)

Russia already controls the Donbas, and you say that they are currently decisively winning the war on the ground, making decisive progress. So why the fuck would Russia settle for a negotiated peace in which they only get what they already have anyway, and in exchange agree to not press their current advantage any further? Because they're such nice guys?

The argument obviously is that if the West stops its funding and its arms supplies to Ukraine, they will be forced to 'negotiate' a dictated peace with Russia, one which de facto comes very close to unconditional surrender.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 9 2024 04:31pm
Sep 9 2024 04:17pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 9 2024 03:10pm)
Russia already controls the Donbas, and you say that they are currently decisively winning the war on the ground, making decisive progress. So why the fuck would Russia settle for a negotiated peace in which they only get what they already have anyway, and in exchange agree to not press their current advantage any further? Because they're such nice guys?

The argument obviously is that if the West stops its funding and its arms supplies to Ukraine, they will be forced to negotiate a dictated peace with Russia, one which de facto comes very close to unconditional surrender.

A negotiated peace would have to involve giving a big chunk of Ukraine that they don't currently control over to Russia (Odesa & land connection to Transnistria at the very least), after which time the Europeans should be working overtime to re-arm themselves & secure the resulting borders. But they're too lazy for that I reckon, even though it's the logical course of action if the unironic belief is that Russia will continue to advance indefinitely
Sep 9 2024 04:29pm
Quote (SkySwallower @ 9 Sep 2024 21:19)
If you think Trump prioritizes peace and order in the western world over Putins interest you have not payed enough attention. It is no coincidence that right wing populism in a lot of western countries is founded heavily by russia, it's the easiest way for them to destabilize our society.

Putin invaded Chechnya during Bill Clinton's presidency.
Putin invaded Georgia during George W. Bush's presidency.
Putin invaded Crimea and the Donbas during Obama's presidency, plus sent a large contingent of troops to Syria.
Putin did not invade anyone during Trump's presidency.
Putin invaded the rest of Ukraine during Biden's presidency.

So the only logical conclusion one can draw is that Trump is the problem, that Trump is the one who was uniquely weak on Russia/Putin. /s

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 9 2024 04:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131415161725Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll