d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1138013811382138313843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 20 2017 05:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 20 2017 06:22am)
turkey has in its entire history never been a battleground on which christians or christian beliefs were a major player. it has always been a battle between moderates and secularism on the one side and extremists and islamism on the other side. with the developments of recent times, it's crystal clear which side has won in the end.

At this link, scroll down to Religion and have a read...the whole section on religion...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 20 2017 05:38am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 19 2017 09:52pm)
"Secular Muslim democracy" is already on the way out the door, but one that could actually be replaced with a much more lasting one. There's no reason to think we couldn't stage nuclear weapons aimed at Russia in Kurdistan instead of Turkey, though that really shouldn't matter considering our boomer submarine fleet is more than capable of providing a lasting nuclear foothold.

Canada is far more important, with a much smaller population than Turkey. Not terribly analogous.

I can think of good reasons we couldn't stage nuclear weapons in Kurdistan: Its a bunch of empty mountains with no infrastructure, with open porous borders surrounded by islamists. Do you want to put nuclear weapons in Erbil, a stone's throw from where ISIS held until a few weeks ago? Turkey is not some backwater like Afghanistan or Ghana or Uzbekistan. Turkey is a developed world power nation, like Canada in that analogy, and Kurdistan doesn't even exist yet, far from having the resources needed to be a useful ally. We can give some guns to goat herders to fight our wars for us and secure their own homes, but they've got no infrastructure, no material army or airforce or navy. The only buildings the Kurds even have are Dubai investments using oil money, as the UAE already wrapped their tendrils around kurdistan.

The kurds have no friends but the mountains, and thats because they have nothing to offer.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 20 2017 06:07am
Quote (Ghot @ 20 Jul 2017 13:33)
At this link, scroll down to Religion and have a read...the whole section on religion...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey

so what do you want to tell me with that link?

here, YOU have a read:

The Treaty of Lausanne of 24 July 1923 led to the international recognition of the sovereignty of the newly formed "Republic of Turkey" as the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, and the republic was officially proclaimed on 29 October 1923 in Ankara, the country's new capital.

turkey's history begins with its foundation in 1923.

The percentage of Christians in Turkey fell from 19% (or perhaps as high as 25% of the population of 16 million) in 1914 to 7% percent in 1927,[363] due to events which had a significant impact on the country's demographic structure, such as the Armenian Genocide, the population exchange between Greece and Turkey,[364] and the emigration of Christians that actually began in the late 19th century and gained pace in the first quarter of the 20th century.[365] The Wealth Tax on non-Muslims in 1942, the emigration of a portion of Turkish Jews to Israel after 1948, and the ongoing Cyprus dispute which damaged the relations between Turks and Greeks (culminating in the Istanbul pogrom of 6–7 September 1955) were other important events that contributed to the decline of Turkey's non-Muslim population.

Today there are more than 120,000 people of different Christian denominations, representing less than 0.2 percent of Turkey's population,

so when turkey was founded, the percentage of christians was already at 10% or less, and falling. as I said: christians have never in turkish history been a power bloc.
Gold: 4,383.11
Jul 20 2017 08:20am
Quote (Skinned @ 20 Jul 2017 13:20)
You guys have your heads up your asses.

There wasn't even a popular movement in Iraq to topple Saddam. Assad started his civil war when he attacked peaceful demonstrators with tanks and soldiers. This is the bottom line.

You guys have ideological blinders on....everything I said was just stuff that happened And value statements attached, which I don't try to pass as fact. At least say why you believe I'm wrong outside of the generic conservative "my feels".

Why is you believe that Syrians should have been forced to stay in cities their government were attacking? Would you have stayed where you were if the Federal govt starting indiscriminately killing and bombing schools and hospitals. We get it, you guys believe their lives do not matter because they're less than human to you people. But they did what you would do, and luckily most of the people they have ran into are better quality than the people who want to protect their magical white blood.

I just tell myself most of the posters have never been to an actual war done and are speaking out of ignorance.

The reason they left is still there. They will likely be marching home to concentration camps and more slaughter. I wouldn't leave Europe if I was them. Bad news for Europe.

your bottom line is already the finest propaganda, what we have here is the result of a sunni extremist insurgency, backed by the us, to get rid of assad
of course his bombings were just for fun and had nothing to do with the jihadists using civilians as a shield (i dont approve of his methods, to be clear)

and to answer your question
depending on my status i would not stay of course
however i wouldnt travel through a dozend safe states, paying thousands of bucks for illegal entry into a country with the best welfare state
almost needless to state how ridiculous your holocaust and concentration camp blabber is :lol:

actual refugees have ended up in the safe areas of syria and the neighbor states under shitty conditions

and to expose your narrative even more, how do you explain the fact that hundreds of thousands of those people have returned to areas that assad has recaptured from the jihadists? thats weird, according to you they should stick with the "moderate" rebels
https://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/jul/06/syrians-return-to-normal-life-in-aleppo-in-pictures
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40460126

This post was edited by ampoo on Jul 20 2017 08:30am
Gold: 14,125.00
Jul 20 2017 09:03am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 20 2017 04:20am)
You guys have your heads up your asses.

There wasn't even a popular movement in Iraq to topple Saddam. Assad started his civil war when he attacked peaceful demonstrators with tanks and soldiers. This is the bottom line.

You guys have ideological blinders on....everything I said was just stuff that happened And value statements attached, which I don't try to pass as fact. At least say why you believe I'm wrong outside of the generic conservative "my feels".

Why is you believe that Syrians should have been forced to stay in cities their government were attacking? Would you have stayed where you were if the Federal govt starting indiscriminately killing and bombing schools and hospitals. We get it, you guys believe their lives do not matter because they're less than human to you people. But they did what you would do, and luckily most of the people they have ran into are better quality than the people who want to protect their magical white blood.

I just tell myself most of the posters have never been to an actual war done and are speaking out of ignorance.

The reason they left is still there. They will likely be marching home to concentration camps and more slaughter. I wouldn't leave Europe if I was them. Bad news for Europe.

You've been drinking the propaganda kool aid for so long that you actually peddle it now. Most Syrians that left Syria first fled to gov't held areas, then poured through to Turkey. I haven't seen a single news report where someone claimed that the government was restricting refugees from leaving, meanwhile the rebels time after time have been proven to hold innocent people back.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 21 2017 12:43am
bahaha... when you love your orange cult leader so much that you're willing to make excuses for targeting civilians and violently oppressing democratic opposition...
trump cucks are hilarious...
Gold: 4,383.11
Jul 21 2017 02:52am
Quote (fender @ 21 Jul 2017 08:43)
bahaha... when you love your orange cult leader so much that you're willing to make excuses for targeting civilians and violently oppressing democratic opposition...
trump cucks are hilarious...

a very valuable contribution, thank you
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 21 2017 05:50am
Quote (ampoo @ 21 Jul 2017 09:52)
a very valuable contribution, thank you

you're welcome, must be a refreshing change of pace to the usual russian propaganda you seem to be exposed to usually...
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 22 2017 05:31am
Americans across the board rate happiest in the last 20 years now under Trump.

[X] Winning

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/americans-have-never-felt-better-74-very-happy/article/2629235
Gold: 1,497.83
Jul 22 2017 05:41am
1383 pages and the OP hasn't been reported yet
:o
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1138013811382138313843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll