d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1135913601361136213633169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 13 2017 02:08pm
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Jul 2017 16:06)
fender quoting more people than the nazi's gutted in ww2!

heinrich quoting more times than number of windows he broke in Hamburg last week!
Gold: 3.33
Jul 13 2017 02:10pm
Quote (excellence @ Jul 13 2017 09:08pm)
heinrich quoting more times than number of windows he broke in Hamburg last week!

he isn't called heinrich von kristallnacht goebbels for nothing my friend!
Gold: 57.00
Jul 13 2017 02:17pm
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Jul 2017 16:10)
he isn't called heinrich von kristallnacht goebbels for nothing my friend!

agreed my friend! great post my friend!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 13 2017 02:23pm
Quote (dro94 @ 13 Jul 2017 21:06)
fender quoting more people than the nazi's gutted in ww2!

so you're saying the "nazi's [sic]" didn't gut any people? because i just quoted one in that post...
anyway, bad pup - you want to be a good boy and "troll" a bit more creatively than that...

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 13 Jul 2017 21:00)
warnings are just words. obama was known for not backing up his words. remember his red line in syria? ^_^

the cyberattacks are alleged, not confirmed. if they took place, they clearly didnt work. if obama had acknowledged the NK issue, he would have initiated other measures to stop their nuclear program after this attempt was futile. but he didnt, which to me once again proves that he didnt take this issue seriously. or that he was aware of the timeline, i.e. that it would take NK many more years to develop working ICBMs and that the issue would therefore not get urgent during his term.

about the missile shield: did you even read the article you linked? I'll quote the relevant piece for you:

so obama essentially told that the US were readjusting or redeploying their already existing missile defence systems (from the cold war era?) to target NK (or the direction from which NK missiles would come in). this is very different from what you claim he did: "development of a missile shield". in particular, obama himself said that this shield would block the low level threat of the 2016 NK missile program. subtext: if they ramp up their arsenal, this shield isnt going to cut it.

you seem to know quite a lot of details about the nk missile program if you can positively say the attacks "clearly did not work"... so they didn't buy more time / set them back / increase their problems / lead to launch fails? where do you know that from?
also, the way you're trying to downplay everything obama did does not magically hide the fact that you originally claimed he did not even acknowledge the threat, haha... but keep spinning your propaganda, it's quite amusing to see you desperately try to defend your alternative facts...

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 13 Jul 2017 21:00)
what trump has done about NK so far? he has treated the NK missile program as an urgent threat. he was trying to sweet-talk chinese president xi jinping into taking a harder stance on NK since china is the only country which has real influence and leverage in NK. now that the chinese seem to try to sit it out, he is progressively increasing the pressure on both them and NK.

so... "just words"?

This post was edited by fender on Jul 13 2017 02:42pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 13 2017 03:03pm
Quote (fender @ 13 Jul 2017 22:23)
you seem to know quite a lot of details about the nk missile program if you can positively say the attacks "clearly did not work"... so they didn't buy more time / set them back / increased their problems / lead to fails? where do you know that from?

experts doubt the effectiveness of this approach. to quote the article that you linked:
While advocates of such efforts believe that targeted attacks have given American antimissile defenses a new edge and delayed by several years the day when North Korea will be able to threaten American cities with nuclear weapons launched atop intercontinental ballistic missiles, other experts have grown increasingly skeptical of the new approach, arguing that manufacturing errors, disgruntled insiders and sheer incompetence can also send missiles awry. In other words, something is causing the crashes, but US cyberspies is just one of the possible factors.

so some experts thought the cyberattacks were a success, but as time went on, others have grown increasingly skeptical.

and the recent, successful 2017 missile launches from NK prove that those cyberattacks, if they have actually taken place, didnt prevent NK from advancing its missile technology. and I wanna emphasize: ... from advancing their technology at a higher pace than during the decade before.

also, the way you're trying to downplay everything obama did does not magically hide the fact that you originally claimed he did not even acknowledge the threat, haha... but keep spinning your propaganda, it's quite amusing to see you desperately try to defend your alternative facts...

I dont deny that obama was aware of the NK missile problem. what I doubt is that he was acknowledging NK as an imminent threat that had and still has to be dealt with as soon as possible.

so... "just words"?

words which had real world consequences. unlike the words of babbling obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-un-idUSKBN18T2X3
The U.N. Security Council on Friday expanded targeted sanctions against North Korea after its repeated missile tests, adopting the first such resolution agreed by the United States and Pyongyang's only major ally China since President Donald Trump took office.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/06/donald-trump-china-north-korea-215343
Last week, the Trump administration imposed sanctions on a Chinese bank accused of money laundering for North Korea as well as two Chinese individuals and a Chinese company accused of sanctions evasion. In the past 13 months, the U.S. government has identified the disturbing extent to which Chinese banks help North Korea leverage the U.S. financial system to evade sanctions. From 2009 to 2016, North Korea used the Chinese banking system (including Hong Kong) to process at least $296.12 million in illicit financial transactions through the U.S. financial system.

These disclosures make it painfully clear how North Korea continues to exploit the U.S. financial system and China’s deliberate failure to enforce sanctions. When such embarrassing information comes to light, Beijing relies on a carefully choreographed diplomatic dance to pacify and distract Washington.

Here’s how it usually works: First, China issues a tough statement blaming the United States and North Korea for failing to negotiate while sounding out tougher U.N. sanctions. Yet China will never allow the U.N. to sanction Chinese entities and individuals, even though the U.N.’s own Panel of Experts has clearly identified its role in evading sanctions. Instead, Beijing likely will support a new restriction on oil exports to Pyongyang but only with enough loopholes to make the “sanction” ineffective. China will not support strong sanctions because it fears instability in North Korea even more than it fears a nuclear Kim regime.

so, chinese banks have for years helped undermine the UN embargo and the sanctions on north korea. the chinese government has deliberately backed them politically. now, for the first time, the trump administration has imposed unilateral sanctions on a chinese banik accused of working with the north koreans. they intentionally chose a small chinese bank to begin with, so that it's a message to the chinese government that trump means business and will not allow this charade to continue.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/13/trump-administration-prepares-new-sanctions-on-chinese-firms-over-north-korea-ties/23028562/

Frustrated that China has not done more to rein in North Korea, the Trump administration could impose new sanctions on small Chinese banks and other firms doing business with Pyongyang within weeks, two senior U.S. officials said.
The U.S. measures would initially hit Chinese entities considered "low-hanging fruit," including smaller financial institutions and "shell" companies linked to North Korea's nuclear and missile programs, said one of the officials, while declining to name the targets.
It would leave larger Chinese banks untouched for now, the official said.

The timing and scope of the U.S. action will depend heavily on how China responds to pressure for tougher steps against North Korea when U.S. and Chinese officials meet for a high-level economic dialog in Washington on Wednesday, the administration sources told Reuters.

so, to sum it up: in march, trump was meeting with chinese president xi jinping at mar-a-lago and tried to persuade him to finally rein in north korea. this didnt work, as evidenced by NK's july 4th missile launch. since then, he has achieved the first joint UN security council resoluition against NK's missile program by both the USA and china. his administration has started imposing sanctions on chinese banks that undermine the sanctions against NK. there are plans to expand these sanctions against chinese NK-collaborators. he is clearly putting the chinese side under the screws so that they finally stop sabotaging the international sanctions against north korea and finally rein them in.

a clear and straight approach by trump, and unlike obama, he's backing up his verbal threats with actions. but I guess for some, it's easier to dwell in the liberal narrative that trump is a clueless, rude, aggressive madman who will set the world on fire on the first occasion.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 13 2017 03:06pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 13 2017 03:28pm
Leftists are trying to figure out what gender they are while conservatives are figuring out real issues like immigration & the economy & Isis & healthcare 😂😂😂
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 13 2017 03:29pm
That moment when youre browsing a thread and theres like five multis viewing the topic.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 13 2017 03:30pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 13 Jul 2017 22:03)
experts doubt the effectiveness of this approach. to quote the article that you linked:

so some experts thought the cyberattacks were a success, but as time went on, others have grown increasingly skeptical.

and the recent, successful 2017 missile launches from NK prove that those cyberattacks, if they have actually taken place, didnt prevent NK from advancing its missile technology. and I wanna emphasize: ... from advancing their technology at a higher pace than during the decade before.

I dont deny that obama was aware of the NK missile problem. what I doubt is that he was acknowledging NK as an imminent threat that had and still has to be dealt with as soon as possible.

words which had real world consequences. unlike the words of babbling obama.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-un-idUSKBN18T2X3

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/07/06/donald-trump-china-north-korea-215343

so, chinese banks have for years helped undermine the UN embargo and the sanctions on north korea. the chinese government has deliberately backed them politically. now, for the first time, the trump administration has imposed unilateral sanctions on a chinese banik accused of working with the north koreans. they intentionally chose a small chinese bank to begin with, so that it's a message to the chinese government that trump means business and will not allow this charade to continue.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/13/trump-administration-prepares-new-sanctions-on-chinese-firms-over-north-korea-ties/23028562/

so, to sum it up: in march, trump was meeting with chinese president xi jinping at mar-a-lago and tried to persuade him to finally rein in north korea. this didnt work, as evidenced by NK's july 4th missile launch. since then, he has achieved the first joint UN security council resoluition against NK's missile program by both the USA and china. his administration has started imposing sanctions on chinese banks that undermine the sanctions against NK. there are plans to expand these sanctions against chinese NK-collaborators. he is clearly putting the chinese side under the screws so that they finally stop sabotaging the international sanctions against north korea and finally rein them in.

a clear and straight approach by trump, and unlike obama, he's backing up his verbal threats with actions. but I guess for some, it's easier to dwell in the liberal narrative that trump is a clueless, rude, aggressive madman who will set the world on fire on the first occasion.

acting like obama did NOT apply diplomatic pressure / put sanctions on north korea, acting like his ACTIONS (cyber attacks / missile shield) can be ignored because the weren't succesful enough / future proof, acting like he didn't acknowledge the threat although he not only frequently addressed it, he also explicitly warned trump about it... dude, no wonder you're lost considering how hard you're spinning - but at some point you should do yourself a favour and just admit it was a moronic point, the mental gymnastics are getting embarrassing...
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 13 2017 04:24pm
Quote (fender @ 13 Jul 2017 23:30)
acting like obama did NOT apply diplomatic pressure / put sanctions on north korea, acting like his ACTIONS (cyber attacks / missile shield) can be ignored because the weren't succesful enough / future proof, acting like he didn't acknowledge the threat although he not only frequently addressed it, he also explicitly warned trump about it... dude, no wonder you're lost considering how hard you're spinning - but at some point you should do yourself a favour and just admit it was a moronic point, the mental gymnastics are getting embarrassing...

I'll admit that my initial wording was a bit too strict, but the actual point still stands: obama was fooling around and not taking the NK issue seriously enough, obama didnt acknowledge it as a problem that HE had to tackle immediately. telling trump to act upon it once his own term in office came to an end doesnt make up for this neglect.

but interesting to see that you do not want or are not able to give substantial counter-arguments anymore as soon as I put in the effort to lay out the differences between obama's and trump's NK approach in detail, with links and quotes and such. instead, you try to distract by switching to personal attacks against me.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 13 2017 04:25pm
Gold: 2.70
Jul 13 2017 04:27pm
haha

http://www.snopes.com/2017/07/12/trump-lies/

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

This post was edited by Warlock316 on Jul 13 2017 04:27pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1135913601361136213633169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll