d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mar A Lago Raided By Fbi
Prev1133134135136137233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Aug 18 2022 11:44am
Quote (fender @ Aug 18 2022 10:42am)
foreign agent with expensive lawyers pleads guilty in face of overwhelming evidence

shills: "the FBI coerced her, i'm just saying this could all just be a conspiracy. nothing that happens in the real world matters any more."

common sense, critical thinking, and researching facts are the mortal enemies of the trump cult, lol.

Your "overwhelming evidence" is what the FBI decided safe enough for the public to know, lol.
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 18 2022 11:45am
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 18 2022 12:42pm)
Let's not lie.

You: "they (the FBI) tell you that you better plead guilty or else you'll do more jail time based on the evidence they show you on a table in front of your eyes lol."

Sounds like you believe the feds' word when they accused her of wrongdoing.

i've never cared much for what i sound like to other people.

i've looked into what redacted evidence they released, taken her confession into account, bounced that off of previous case context with the FBI, and then bounced that off of knowledge about espionage activities ive learned.

then i formed an opinion.

if u want to paint that as "lol u just believe the FBI" because that's near the top of your NPC response list be my guess, i dont care about that either.

Quote (Djunior @ Aug 18 2022 12:42pm)
As we know all of this was quite a thing at the time, dems placed all their bets on the "Russia connection" accusations. Why did the Russian agent get served such a low sentence if there was plenty of evidence?

I think the evidence was paper thin, the accused Russian "agent" pleaded guilty cuz she was told "or else" and the feds were happy with it cuz now they had a "guilty Russian agent" to add to the Russia hoax file.

they went all in, i said it was dumb. they likely gave deals for cooperation to drastically lessen sentences, also dumb. and it didnt lead anywhere other than Flynn and Manafort being punished, what i predicted all along, and dumb. a massive waste of US taxpayer money.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 18 2022 11:46am
Aug 18 2022 11:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 18 2022 10:45am)
i've never cared much for what i sound like to other people.

i've looked into what redacted evidence they released,

I am not saying they can't redact stuff, but have you asked yourself how good or reliable the evidence if it has been redacted?

And this is assuming the evidence is obtained using legal means. Or it's competely legit.

taken her confession into account,

And you know for sure her confession wasn't obtained under duress because...?

bounced that off of previous case context with the FBI, and then bounced that off of knowledge about espionage activities ive learned.

then i formed an opinion.

if u want to paint that as "lol u just believe the FBI" because that's near the top of your NPC response list be my guess, i dont care about that either.

How is that an NPC response? You indeed should not just believe the FBI's word. And I don't care that you don't care, I will still continue to make you realize you are naive enough to believe things people tell you without question.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 18 2022 11:56am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 18 2022 11:56am
Quote (JessiWan @ 18 Aug 2022 19:44)
Your "overwhelming evidence" is what the FBI decided safe enough for the public to know, lol.

what?! that doesn't even begin to make sense. the "overwhelming evidence" is what prosecutors presented to her and her expensive lawyers, which made them realise that pleading guilty to felony conspiracy charges, acting as an unregistered foreign agent for russia, was her best option.

she's not some poor black person, allegedly selling single cigarettes. they weren't gonna murder her or lock her away for eternity, based on made up charges and an overworked public defender. she's a well-connected (both within the GQP and the russian government) white woman with significant influence and financial means, and her trial had a lot of public attention.

the whole "b-b-but i'm just saying it COULD have been coerced - because FBI bad" narrative is absurd, conspiratorial, and defies common sense. it's shill-"logic".
Aug 18 2022 11:57am
Quote (fender @ Aug 18 2022 10:56am)
what?! that doesn't even begin to make sense. the "overwhelming evidence" is what prosecutors presented to her and her expensive lawyers, which made them realise that pleading guilty to felony conspiracy charges, acting as an unregistered foreign agent for russia, was her best option.

she's not some poor black person, allegedly selling single cigarettes. they weren't gonna murder her or lock her away for eternity, based on made up charges and an overworked public defender. she's a well-connected (both within the GQP and the russian government) white woman with significant influence and financial means, and her trial had a lot of public attention.

the whole "b-b-but i'm just saying it COULD have been coerced - because FBI bad" narrative is absurd, conspiratorial, and defies common sense. it's shill-"logic".

Evidence can be obtained using illegal means. It can also be faked (to some extent).

Doubting the FBI isn't an unreasonable thing to do.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 18 2022 12:00pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 18 2022 12:03pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 18 2022 12:52pm)
I am not saying they can't redact stuff, but have you asked yourself how good or reliable the evidence if it has been redacted?

And this is assuming the evidence is obtained using legal means. Or it's competely legit.

not very reliable, which is why its only a fraction of what i based my opinion on.

And you know for sure her confession wasn't obtained under duress because...?

i didnt say i know that, nor that i discount it lol.

How is that an NPC response? You indeed should not just believe the FBI's word. And I don't care that you don't care, I will still continue to make you realize you are naive enough to believe things people tell you without question.

well. u said i just believe, i broke down for you how my thought process goes, and u reverted back to "you just believe".

this is the definition of NPC behavior, not listening and just repeating a script. i explained exactly just how im not plainly taking the FBIs word, and u circled back. u actually proved my point brilliantly so thanks.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 18 2022 12:06pm
Quote (JessiWan @ 18 Aug 2022 19:57)
Evidence can be obtaied using illegal means. It can also be faked (to some extent).

Doubting the FBI isn't an unreasonable thing to do.

you're doing your thing there: making some meaningless general statement that has very little to do with the specific topic we're talking about.

in this context, it IS unreasonable to spin your moronic conspiracies, especially as neither SHE nor her LAWYERS ever even suggested her confession was "coerced" - not even when she was back home in russia, where she was pretty much celebrated as a successful "spy", and is bathing in that image rather shamelessly, loyally serving pootin's "united russia" party these days.

how ignorant or dishonest would you have to be to simply dismiss all that context and rather resort to idiotic commonplaces like "it's not unreasonable to doubt the FBI"? geez...

This post was edited by fender on Aug 18 2022 12:09pm
Aug 18 2022 12:10pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 18 2022 11:03am)
not very reliable, which is why its only a fraction of what i based my opinion on.

i didnt say i know that, nor that i discount it lol.

well. u said i just believe, i broke down for you how my thought process goes, and u reverted back to "you just believe".

this is the definition of NPC behavior, not listening and just repeating a script. i explained exactly just how im not plainly taking the FBIs word, and u circled back. u actually proved my point brilliantly so thanks.

I am not saying you cannot base your opinion on things you have heard and known. I am just trying to make you see that almost all of it, the evidence and confession, etc came from one side only. The FBI. And doubting them is not unreasonable. Furthermore, there is no way for us regular people to corroborate any of it. I am not saying you must be wrong, I am just trying to make you see that there might be more to it than what we are allowed to know.
Aug 18 2022 12:12pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 18 2022 11:06am)
you're doing your thing there: making some meaningless general statement that has very little to do with the specific topic we're talking about.

in this context, it IS unreasonable to spin your moronic conspiracies, especially as neither SHE nor her LAWYERS ever even suggested her confession was "coerced" - not even when she was back home in russia, where she was pretty much celebrated as a successful "spy", and is bathing in that image rather shamelessly, loyally serving pootin's "united russia" party these days.

how ignorant or dishonest would you have to be to simply dismiss all that context and rather resort to idiotic commonplaces like "it's not unreasonable to doubt the FBI"? geez...

I never said she was definitely coerced. I am just trying to say that there exists the possibility that the FBI might do something like that. And yes, it's a general statement. However, stating general statements is not agaisnt the rules, so live with it.
Gold: 281.64
Aug 18 2022 12:13pm
Quote (JessiWan @ 18 Aug 2022 11:12)
I never said she was definitely coerced. I am just trying to say that there exists the possibility that the FBI might do something like that. And yes, it's a general statement. However, stating general statements is not agaisnt the rules, so live with it.

"there exists the possibility" Thanks for contributing!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1133134135136137233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll