d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1132813291330133113323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 29 2017 10:06am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 29 2017 09:53am)
and from her point of view he's destroying the country.

Also, Trump has the high ground on this one :rofl:
Being a dick- being the aggressor and initiating conflict- is not justified by "my hysterical worldview", and that line of thought is responsible for all the terrorism, holy wars, political violence and revolution humanity has known for thousands of years. When did Icemage become a radical? "Our civil disagreement over social policy makes it accepted for me to engage in uncivil conduct", its one small stepping stone from there to your Che t-shirt.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 29 2017 10:06am
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 29 2017 10:13am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 29 2017 10:59am)
They were taking shots at him. Why, do you think the fact that Trump's statement about Mika showing up 3 times to Mar-a-Lago bleeding from her facelift being accurate thereby excuses it as not an insult?
Try to be consistent now, I know you can

Its beneath the dignity of your impression of a modern carefully scripted and focus-group tested 2 dimensional airbrushed cutout of a public image of a president, when Trump is plainly bucking the trend
Was it below the dignity of previous generations of presidents? You'd be flying in the face of 200 years of America history if you pretended politicians never shot back against insults, and Trump's retort in kind is hardly a caning or pistol duel.

The people didn't want another president who lied through a smile and delegated his PR to a corrupt media machine. We've had several of those in a row

Mika is a political commentator, it's her job to comment on how the president is doing. The president having a fake Time magazine cover in his golf clubs is really weird behavior.... it's something you would've expected Muammar Gaddafi to have in his office. Saying the president lies all the time is just factually true, and as a media person it's Mika's job to hold him accountable for doing so. It's not the president's job to comment on Mika's facelift.

That's just plain horseshit. Trump's brashness is fine, I like it myself, and that's part of the reason he won, but he often takes it too far like he did today. No Trump voter(except the cultist, 20 year old white suburban kids) woke up this morning, saw his tweet, and thought "Man, I'm glad he's focusing on Mika and Joe". He's a sensitive little baby who can't help but lash out when his fragile ego is threatened. It's not the 1700's anymore, presidents should act dignified, and that doesn't mean they are cardboard cutouts like Hillary Clinton.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 29 2017 10:23am
Jun 29 2017 10:14am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 29 2017 11:06am)
Also, Trump has the high ground on this one :rofl:
Being a dick- being the aggressor and initiating conflict- is not justified by "my hysterical worldview", and that line of thought is responsible for all the terrorism, holy wars, political violence and revolution humanity has known for thousands of years. When did Icemage become a radical? "Our civil disagreement over social policy makes it accepted for me to engage in uncivil conduct", its one small stepping stone from there to your Che t-shirt.

Fox News and talk radio for 8 years said Obama was destroying the country. Mika isn't a journalist, she's a liberal commentator on MSNBC. Stop the nonsense please Trumpshill.
Jun 29 2017 10:23am
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 29 2017 10:13am)
Mika is a political commentator, it's her job to comment on how the president is doing. The president having a fake Time magazine cover in his golf clubs is really weird behavior.... it's something you would've expected Muammar Gaddafi to have in his office. Saying the president lies all the time is just factually true, and as a media person it's Mika's job to hold him accountable for doing so. It's not the president's job to comment on Mika's facelift.

Ah its just 'her job' to take cheap shots at him and mock him, especially commenting on his teensy little orange hands. Meanwhile in our well scripted kabuki theatre, its Trump's job to stand with a vapid smile in front of a podium waving to the masses and kissing babies
Did my nose just twitch to the wafting particulate of fragrant pomade and flour, did I perchance detect a hint of biscuit and pomegranate? Are your sensibilities too so acute?

That's just plain horseshit. Trump's brashness is fine, I like it myself, and that's part of the reason he won, but he often takes it too far like he did today. No Trump voter(except the cultist, 20 year old white suburban kids) woke up this morning, saw his tweet, and thought "Man, I'm glad he's focusing on Mike and Joe". He's a sensitive little baby who can't help but lash out when his fragile ego is threatened. It's not the 1700's anymore, president's should act dignified, and that doesn't mean they are cardboard cutouts like Hillary Clinton.

Presidents acting 'dignified' have made them increasingly disconnected from the public and allowed washington to segregate its actual political theatre from the kayfabe of public relations.
One doesn't half-assedly declare war on the media and PC culture. This has been a no holds barred contest for a year now and the media still gets their knickers in a twist. We're better off for it in the long run
Gold: 57.00
Jun 29 2017 10:58am
it seems not many have an issue with the pointing out that Joe is a psycho (don't forget he had a staffer turn up dead in his office) and that Mika is crazy (homewrecker extraordinaire), its only the plastic surgery commentary that has the networks crying today :rofl:
Jun 29 2017 11:56am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 29 2017 11:23am)
Ah its just 'her job' to take cheap shots at him and mock him, especially commenting on his teensy little orange hands. Meanwhile in our well scripted kabuki theatre, its Trump's job to stand with a vapid smile in front of a podium waving to the masses and kissing babies
Did my nose just twitch to the wafting particulate of fragrant pomade and flour, did I perchance detect a hint of biscuit and pomegranate? Are your sensibilities too so acute?

Presidents acting 'dignified' have made them increasingly disconnected from the public and allowed washington to segregate its actual political theatre from the kayfabe of public relations.
One doesn't half-assedly declare war on the media and PC culture. This has been a no holds barred contest for a year now and the media still gets their knickers in a twist. We're better off for it in the long run

Again, you just aren't being honest about this. You are acting like we have a choice between a snobby, humorless robot president who crafts every response in a politically correct way, or a president who starts the day by throwing out an insult that a teenager(or a reality show billionaire playboy) would use. No, Trump doesn't come across as more "normal" because he insults people on Twitter, he comes across as a petulant baby who literally cannot take criticism without lashing out.

How old are you, lol? Part of being an adult is dealing with criticism(legitimate or not legitimate) in an effective, mature way. Maybe it's different for the Twitter generation, but I respect people in positions of power who can stay focused on their message and ignore/tactfully respond to criticism.

A president needs to be someone that Americans(Democrats and Republicans alike) and foreigners can respect. Trump isn't presidential, and he's pulling the respectability of politics down practically every day.
Jun 29 2017 12:35pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 29 2017 11:56am)
Again, you just aren't being honest about this. You are acting like we have a choice between a snobby, humorless robot president who crafts every response in a politically correct way, or a president who starts the day by throwing out an insult that a teenager(or a reality show billionaire playboy) would use. No, Trump doesn't come across as more "normal" because he insults people on Twitter, he comes across as a petulant baby who literally cannot take criticism without lashing out.

How old are you, lol? Part of being an adult is dealing with criticism(legitimate or not legitimate) in an effective, mature way. Maybe it's different for the Twitter generation, but I respect people in positions of power who can stay focused on their message and ignore/tactfully respond to criticism.

A president needs to be someone that Americans(Democrats and Republicans alike) and foreigners can respect. Trump isn't presidential, and he's pulling the respectability of politics down practically every day.

You want the scripted politician, the edgeless statesman rendered inoffensive, living up to your expectations of 'dignity and respectability', a kayfabe stripping the personality from the man and allowing the true dynamics to pass behind the curtain. You didn't want the Kennedy who was sticking his dick in everything with two legs and a hole, you wanted the airbrushed smiling public persona. You didn't want to see the sausages get made as Obama and Hillary had their egos clash backstage to the detriment of the country, you wanted the charming public face that the world can respect and admire. These are the humans operating their animatronic likenesses on stage- Trump is hardly more uncouth than LBJ swinging Jumbo around. I've always held a disdain for the pretense. You'd rather that politicians keep their petty squabbling and petulant feuding in private as unbecoming of their station in public, but then the logical consequence was the drift into theater. I'd rather it was right out there in the open where we can see them for who they are, flawed and human.

Gold: 1.50
Jun 29 2017 12:37pm
The results of Melania Trump's campaign against cyber-bullying.

:rofl:
#F(ai)LOTUS
Gold: 3.33
Jun 29 2017 01:15pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 29 2017 07:35pm)
You want the scripted politician, the edgeless statesman rendered inoffensive, living up to your expectations of 'dignity and respectability', a kayfabe stripping the personality from the man and allowing the true dynamics to pass behind the curtain. You didn't want the Kennedy who was sticking his dick in everything with two legs and a hole, you wanted the airbrushed smiling public persona. You didn't want to see the sausages get made as Obama and Hillary had their egos clash backstage to the detriment of the country, you wanted the charming public face that the world can respect and admire. These are the humans operating their animatronic likenesses on stage- Trump is hardly more uncouth than LBJ swinging Jumbo around. I've always held a disdain for the pretense. You'd rather that politicians keep their petty squabbling and petulant feuding in private as unbecoming of their station in public, but then the logical consequence was the drift into theater. I'd rather it was right out there in the open where we can see them for who they are, flawed and human.

People wanted the uncouth, childish, unscripted breath of fresh air because they thought when all the dust had settled from the bitter and divisive presidential campaign he'd suddenly revert back into the person he never was, work at a capacity he never could and enact plans he could never deliver.

Trump's idea of a successful presidency is CNN having higher ratings when he leaves office than when he came in. The guy is an absolute disgrace.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 29 2017 03:49pm
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Jun 29 2017 02:37pm)
The results of Melania Trump's campaign against cyber-bullying.

:rofl:
#F(ai)LOTUS

Im mad cyber bullying is even a word.

Just close your eyes.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1132813291330133113323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll