d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1131132133134135173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
May 15 2019 08:56pm
Quote (excellence @ May 15 2019 08:52pm)
you react frequently and it makes me laugh. life is better with laughter.

and your lack of understanding when it comes to value is laughable. well what can we expect from someone on state subsidy and groceries paid for by mommie-in-law

e: reported, btw

Yeah but are you just fishing for any response?

You've literally never made me mad, or made a legitimate point, and you repeat the same insults every single time you quote me so it gets really boring.
Gold: 10,485.00
May 15 2019 08:59pm
I'm curious to know who thinks that most non-US countries, DON'T try to influence our elections. I think it unlikely that one of the two other super powers, would be the front runner in this.
I would be more likely to assume the EU had a much greater stake in the US election than Russia did.

For example the tariffs. Sure they will affect China and even Russia, but they will affect a ton of other 1st world countries as well... with much more... weight.
I mean China can sit there for decades absorbing tariff damage, whereas a country like... say... Germany (just one example), would suffer much more readily than China would.

I'm just using the tariff war as an example of why certain other countries might want to influence the 2016 election. They might have had fore-knowledge of the possibility of tariff wars.

Propaganda is nothing new. ALL countries play the game. Assuming only a country like Russia does, but the EU doesn't...is kind of naive. ALL 1st world countries have the means to influence a US election, not just Russia.
Hell, our own intelligence folk try to influence the US as well, for THEIR own agenda.

/e As for Goom's great wall of text... these were some of my favorite and accurate... lines...

a. "When our intelligence community turns into warring factions with agendas- people die. Terrorists slip through the cracks. Criminals don't get caught. Corruption thrives."

b. "For the government to spy on an opponent presidential candidate's campaign or figures in his orbit, is such a dangerous operation and so toxic to the fabric of democracy that it should only be undertaken when you're absolutely sure, when you've already got the smoking gun."

c. "A new captain was elected and in the minutes before he's sworn in, the old captain steered the ship straight onto the rocks, so the new captain grabbed the helm and they tussled like children. It was a disgraceful affair and not at all a smooth transition by gracious losers and magnanimous winners. We all know Obama would not have taken these actions if Hillary had won."

d. "Its not like the Logan Act is some sacred writ. Rather, every single incoming president in modern times has established diplomatic contacts with foreign nations before taking office. That's always been regarded as normal. And generally, outgoing presidents and incoming ones either agreed enough on foreign policy, or respected the wishes of the other enough not to rock the boat on the way out."

This post was edited by Ghot on May 15 2019 09:05pm
Gold: 14,530.00
May 15 2019 09:01pm
I dated an anti-vaxxer about 4 years ago. Whenever she would start on the convo she would always tell me "if you only knew as much as I do" "if you only read all the scholarly journals I have read you would see the truth" I would roll my eyes and just ignore what she said or her expert opinions that 'prove' what she believes.

This is a similar scenario, refusing to look into some complex geometrical drawings that prove the earth is flat or not caring to read the 47 papers that prove vaccines cause autism or whatever doesn't make you not informed. If you've lived long enough and have decent enough deductive/inductive reasoning you can usually tell what's truth from a bird's eye view.
Gold: 14,949.00
May 15 2019 09:05pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 May 2019 22:01)
I dated an anti-vaxxer about 4 years ago. Whenever she would start on the convo she would always tell me "if you only knew as much as I do" "if you only read all the scholarly journals I have read you would see the truth" I would roll my eyes and just ignore what she said or her expert opinions that 'prove' what she believes.

This is a similar scenario, refusing to look into some complex geometrical drawings that prove the earth is flat or not caring to read the 47 papers that prove vaccines cause autism or whatever doesn't make you not informed. If you've lived long enough and have decent enough deductive/inductive reasoning you can usually tell what's truth from a bird's eye view.

Looks like 9/11 was an inside job, tbh
Gold: 260.11
May 15 2019 09:06pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 15 2019 09:01pm)

Except in this case it's not the left who's misrepresenting the source material. It's not the left that's insisted it's a witch hunt, defamed the person running the investigation, etc. etc. The opinion of everybody right of Fender has been "let's investigate and see what comes up" followed by an acceptance of the investigation results.

You can literally match 1:1 all the techniques used by anti-vaxxers and the techniques used by people on this forum to deny the investigation.
May 15 2019 09:06pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ May 15 2019 11:05pm)
Looks like 9/11 was an inside job, tbh

Looks like YOU were an inside... job. :D
May 15 2019 09:07pm
Quote (Ghot @ 15 May 2019 22:06)
Looks like YOU were an inside... job. :D

Is that a gay joke, because I’m offended
May 15 2019 09:09pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ May 15 2019 11:07pm)
Is that a gay joke, because I’m offended

Not really. I couldn't NOT type that. It felt like it was the universe making me type that, and I really don't know why. I just let the muse run free.

/e Short version... your post demanded a "no you are" response. And I really don't know why. I blame a universal force. :)

This post was edited by Ghot on May 15 2019 09:10pm
May 15 2019 09:11pm
Quote (Ghot @ 15 May 2019 22:09)
Not really. I couldn't NOT type that. It felt like it was the universe making me type that, and I really don't know why. I just let the muse run free.

Muse is a good band.
Super progressive.
AND LIBERAL *HISSSSESSS*
May 15 2019 09:12pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ May 15 2019 11:11pm)
Muse is a good band.
Super progressive.
AND LIBERAL *HISSSSESSS*

And it's also a collection of greek gods, that were assumed to be the driving forces behind poetry, literature, song making etc.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131132133134135173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll