d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev11291301311321331036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Jul 11 2020 07:28am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 11 Jul 2020 02:51)
:rofl:

:rofl:
Gold: 23.00
Jul 11 2020 11:34am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 9 2020 10:25pm)
President Trump never wielded political power to pass legislation that was aimed at locking up minority men in mass numbers and permanently separating thousands of minority families as a result. President Trump never went and bragged about being the “chief writer” of said legislation either. Senator Biden did though, and he was so, so proud of his legislative “accomplishment”

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=237407

President Trump did pass the First Step Act aimed at undoing some of the horrid damage that Biden’s legislation wrecked on our fellow Americans. A tremendous achievement given the legislative resistance he has faced from nearly all (D) members of congress and many (Rino) members as well

Funny how they jump up and down yelling Trump is more racist than Biden yet when someone says this they completley ignore it.

The most racist thing Trump has done is having one of his speeches clipped and taken out of context lol.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 11 2020 11:44am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 11 Jul 2020 19:34)
Funny how they jump up and down yelling Trump is more racist than Biden yet when someone says this they completley ignore it.

The most racist thing Trump has done is having one of his speeches clipped and taken out of context lol.

If one uses a very broad definition of 'racism', then his travel ban might qualify. (Of course still less racist than the Clinton/Biden superpredator bill.)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 11 2020 12:31pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 11 Jul 2020 19:34)

so birtherism wasn't racist?

claiming an (indiana born) judge couldn't treat him fairly because he was 'mexican' isn't racist?

discriminating against black renters wasn't racist?

all his comments on mexicans weren't racist, and his efforts to ban muslims weren't racist either?

absolutely mindblowing how deluded some cultists are...
Gold: 50.00
Jul 11 2020 12:39pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 11 2020 01:31pm)

claiming an (indiana born) judge couldn't treat him fairly because he was 'mexican' isn't racist?

all his comments on mexicans weren't racist, and his efforts to ban muslims weren't racist either?

Fuzzy is willfully ignorant. There is no point in even attempting to dissuade the willfully ignorant
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 11 2020 12:45pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 11 2020 01:44pm)
If one uses a very broad definition of 'racism', then his travel ban might qualify. (Of course still less racist than the Clinton/Biden superpredator bill.)

Gay opinion
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 11 2020 01:06pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 10 2020 07:18am)

I don't understand why this is a bad thing. Fracking is good for America as a whole. I don't particularly care what people think of a certain technology if they are ignorant of what it is and the ramifications.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 11 2020 01:15pm
Quote (fender @ 11 Jul 2020 14:31)

hillary clinton created birtherism

mexican isnt a race

case was settled without any admission of guilt

mexican isnt a race neither is muslim

try harder next time fender aka heinrich von goebbels, descendant of joseph
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 11 2020 01:35pm
Quote (thundercock @ 11 Jul 2020 21:06)
I don't understand why this is a bad thing. Fracking is good for America as a whole. I don't particularly care what people think of a certain technology if they are ignorant of what it is and the ramifications.

not only have you clearly not looked into what fracking does to the environment (especially water, already a critical issue in many parts of america - so much for ignorance), it's also not my point. what i'm saying that this isn't biden NOT pandering to some imaginary radical minority on twitter, but it's biden pandering to an ACTUAL minority to win the election (and do the bidding of his donors). if he had to worry about what a majority of people wanted, he'd at least take this issue seriously and not dismiss it outright, maybe look into regulating / banning the most exploitative forms, considering how they disproportionally affect already poor and minority communities (very much like covid) - but he doesn't, his whole policy can be shaped to appeal to a few hundred thousand voters in certain swing states, because of your idiotic system (and the fact that both party establishments serve only corporate interest, not the people), no matter what the rest of the country wants, their votes are basically worthless.

This post was edited by fender on Jul 11 2020 01:37pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 11 2020 02:01pm
Quote (fender @ Jul 11 2020 12:35pm)
not only have you clearly not looked into what fracking does to the environment (especially water, already a critical issue in many parts of america - so much for ignorance), it's also not my point. what i'm saying that this isn't biden NOT pandering to some imaginary radical minority on twitter, but it's biden pandering to an ACTUAL minority to win the election (and do the bidding of his donors). if he had to worry about what a majority of people wanted, he'd at least take this issue seriously and not dismiss it outright, maybe look into regulating / banning the most exploitative forms, considering how they disproportionally affect already poor and minority communities (very much like covid) - but he doesn't, his whole policy can be shaped to appeal to a few hundred thousand voters in certain swing states, because of your idiotic system (and the fact that both party establishments serve only corporate interest, not the people), no matter what the rest of the country wants, their votes are basically worthless.

I have researched fracking and it's still not clear what the long term ramifications are (if any). I can respect the position that we shouldn't engage in a certain technology if you are very risk averse. Personally, I'm VERY happy that fracking is a direct cause for the decline in coal use. The natural gas revolution has been incredibly important for reducing carbon emissions in the US.

There's very little difference between pandering to people whose careers depend on fracking, the trans community, over-policing, etc. They are all minority, special interest groups. However, sometimes those minority groups perform a very important function to the US. Sometimes those special interest groups need to be protected in the name of justice for all. The majority isn't always right and they are often GROSSLY misinformed. Americans as a whole could not tell you the difference between a single-payer system, a public option, non-profit insurance companies, etc. They are incredibly uneducated when it comes to policy. I'm very skeptical of what the "majority" wants outside of simple, bite-sized issues like "gay marriage."

As for the electoral college, I'm with you. The EC does cater to certain swing states (though that could be mitigated by adopting a proportional allocation of EVs like Maine and Nebraska). Personally, I'd make it so that you don't even vote for a PERSON. Instead, you would vote for a party platform instead.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11291301311321331036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll