d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Chaz News Thread > Capital Hill Autonomous Zone
Prev1121314151633Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 16 2020 08:45pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 16 Jun 2020 14:53)
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/nobody-showed-up-911-calls-bring-no-response-after-break-auto-shop-near-capitol-hill-protest-zone/O42CQ6VUXVDBHIB3334DI7LPV4/

Someone tried to set fire to an autoshop, owner detained them, police wouldn't intervene and prostestors stormed the shop to rescue their arsonist

I don't feel that sorry for the citizens/protestors of CHAZ when their calls for the police go unanswered, but I do feel these business owners, whose property just so happens to be located in a shitty part of town right now.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 16 2020 08:52pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 16 2020 07:45pm)
I don't feel that sorry for the citizens/protestors of CHAZ when their calls for the police go unanswered, but I do feel these business owners, whose property just so happens to be located in a shitty part of town right now.

That's immensely callous of you.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 16 2020 08:56pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 16 2020 10:45pm)

THIS ^^
Jun 16 2020 09:02pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 16 Jun 2020 20:52)
That's immensely callous of you.

I agree, I think it is callous. But I do not feel particuarly sorry for the autonomous citizens of CHAZ (who were in large part founded on creating a neighborhood/region without police) when their calls for the police of a separate jurisdiction/country go unanswered.

I would wager that most of the citizens or people that occupy or protest at CHAZ are generally or grossly aware that the area has been declared an autonomous zone separate from Seattle.

While Seattle or the US have not formally recognized this area as a truly autonomous zone, I believe that people entering the area are effectively forfeiting their right to access to Seattle or state resources by default.

As I mentioned earlier, who I really feel sorry for is the people that either live or work in this area, as their potential lives and/or livelihood have been compromised by the disruption that the occupation protest has caused.

Also, I have grown immensely callous over the past few years, so you are right.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Jun 16 2020 09:02pm
Jun 16 2020 09:02pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 16 2020 08:02pm)
I agree, I think it is callous. But I do not feel particuarly sorry for the autonomous citizens of CHAZ (who were in large part founded on creating a neighborhood/region without police) when their calls for the police of a separate jurisdiction/country go unanswered?

I would wager that most of the citizens or people that occupy or protest at CHAZ are generally or grossly aware that the area has been declared an autonomous zone separate from Seattle.

While Seattle or the US have not formally recognized this area as a truly autonomous zone, I believe that people entering the area are effectively forfeiting their right to access to Seattle or state resources by default.

As I mentioned earlier, who I really feel sorry for is the people that either live or work in this area, as their potential lives and/or livelihood have been compromised by the disruption that the occupation protest has caused.

Also, I have grown immensely callous over the past few years, so you are right.

Don't you work in the medical field?
Jun 16 2020 09:11pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 16 Jun 2020 21:02)
Don't you work in the medical field?

Yes. It's possible I burn my empathy and fucks out during the day and then reee out my vindictiveness at night. This is perhaps why PaRD is not a healthy place for me. I'm writing how I feel.

Counterpoint to my initial argument: The US and Seattle shouldn't even begin to recognize CHAZ as autonomous and ridigly enforce all local and state laws in the area regardless of the potential violence that may ensue.

Counter to my counter: The people who founded a zone/region with the idea of removing police from society could possibly benefit from realizing some of the potential benefits of having local police access when needed.
Jun 16 2020 09:16pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 16 2020 08:11pm)
Yes. It's possible I burn my empathy and fucks out during the day and then reee out my vindictiveness at night. This is perhaps why PaRD is not a healthy place for me. I'm writing how I feel.

Counterpoint to my initial argument: The US and Seattle shouldn't even begin to recognize CHAZ as autonomous and ridigly enforce all local and state laws in the area regardless of the potential violence that may ensue.

Counter to my counter: The people who founded a zone/region with the idea of removing police from society could possibly benefit from realizing some of the potential benefits of having local police access when needed.

I think something beyond PaRD is truly what's unhealthy for you, and humbly encourage you to do some introspection. Your callousness is both surprising on an individual level, but also when considering your line of work.

The idea that you're comfortable holding leverage and denying emergency services so as to prove some kind of 'point' is baffling. It's in clear, stark contrast to the Code of Ethics that anyone in a helping profession adheres to.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 16 2020 09:22pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jun 16 2020 11:16pm)
I think something beyond PaRD is truly what's unhealthy for you, and humbly encourage you to do some introspection. Your callousness is both surprising on an individual level, but also when considering your line of work.

The idea that you're comfortable holding leverage and denying emergency services so as to prove some kind of 'point' is baffling. It's in clear, stark contrast to the Code of Ethics that anyone in a helping profession adheres to.

CHAZ is a whole different country. Our first responders only work for us... unless ofc there's an un-chosen disaster.

/e CHAZ thinks they have a better way... fine... let's see it.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 16 2020 09:23pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 16 2020 09:28pm
The thing is, to "make an example" out of CHAZ, to teach its residents and leftists across the country about the actual value of police - to do any of that, you need a capital crime or a medical emergency to occur inside of CHAZ to which authorities do not respond, or at least not quick enough. So whoever wants to "let it go" in order to teach its proponents a lesson must willingly sacrifice the health or even life of an innocent person.

I, for my part, find this idea unacceptable. I'm fine with the authorities letting the kids play anarchists for a little while, but once there's a serious emergency inside the zone, the fun and games MUST be over immediately. If there's a building on fire, rape or murder taking place or someone having a heart attack, the police, medics and firefighters must go in there without hesitation (and clear their path to the site of emergency by any means necessary).

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 16 2020 09:28pm
Gold: 500.00
Jun 16 2020 09:28pm
Preacher assaulted in chaz, no freedom of religion here :o
Also one of the homosexual assailants kissed him
https://www.theblaze.com/news/street-preacher-chaz-autonomous-zone-video
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151633Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll