d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Drama In The Trump Reality Show
Prev1121314151620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
May 18 2017 08:43am
Quote (thesnipa @ 18 May 2017 10:39)
2 pretty clear points you're missing.

1. that bolded is just a norm you're holding them to from pre-internet. bob dylan, etc etc

2. if they hold to the above they bring about their own destruction.

if they refuse to provide unsubstantiated real time coverage of high profile events the world's information flow goes over to fucks like Alex Jones or the Young Turks. in the course of a half generation the entire mainstream media would be set aside. big deal right? wrong. while we can spew anecdotes of poorly journaled articles with a lack of integrity we must also remember that these people work in a corporate structure, have a journalistic background, and are subject to much more scrutiny than the podcast in the basement setups. this relationship is sub-optimal, but it can always get worse.

the thing is, people expect grandiose nonsense from Alex Jones or Young Turks. now we've come to expect it from Faux (years ago) and more recently other mainstream media outlets.
sadly our shared strategy of reading breifart and huffpos and determining whatever is in the middle of what they're saying is close to the truth may be the best method.

Quote (IgoSoHard @ 18 May 2017 10:40)

well, i mean i guess they got the fact part right. it isn't news though unless you're buzzfeed 2.0 :rofl:
Gold: 2,504.69
May 18 2017 08:48am
Quote (excellence @ May 18 2017 08:43am)
the thing is, people expect grandiose nonsense from Alex Jones or Young Turks. now we've come to expect it from Faux (years ago) and more recently other mainstream media outlets.
sadly our shared strategy of reading breifart and huffpos and determining whatever is in the middle of what they're saying is close to the truth may be the best method.

well, i mean i guess they got the fact part right. it isn't news though unless you're buzzfeed 2.0 :rofl:

this is a good method, don't inherantly believe either side but read them. patience is always the best strategy though, NPR and CBS news usually do really good wrap up articles the day after or a few days down the line. Full writeups on when and where info changed, who sourced it, who reported it, etc. u just have to discount any day-of journalism these days, its impossible to be accurate and prompt.

but as to the "people know to expect from AJ & YT" part, i think a lot of that is due to their screwball theories. i simply means someone in their type of structure will take the place of MSM with all of the credibility issues.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 18 2017 08:49am
Gold: 475.46
May 18 2017 09:04am
'This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!'

May 18 2017 09:10am
Quote (Brian_D @ May 18 2017 09:04am)

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7TKWrn9zfNhUnbLa/giphy.gif

i'm still waiting for the Anne-Frank-to-Justin-Bieber-Esque Salem Witch Foundation calls for a retraction.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-repeatedly-met-101950531.html

maybe the called it "The Orange Phone"

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 18 2017 09:12am
Gold: 28,296.75
May 18 2017 10:06am
Quote (Brian_D @ May 18 2017 08:04am)

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7TKWrn9zfNhUnbLa/giphy.gif

I kind of agree

Trying to hold Trump accountable is worse than when undesirable/outcast teenage (innocent) girls were burned and tortured by the religious nutters of town

strong point as always from Trump
May 18 2017 10:13am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 10:06am)
I kind of agree

Trying to hold Trump accountable is worse than when undesirable/outcast teenage (innocent) girls were burned and tortured by the religious nutters of town

Sarcasm aside this is likely the largest in scale wtichhunt that's ever been done. The internet, tv, worldwide communication, etc all pretty much guarantee this. Ironically the only thing that's standing in the way of that would be the HRC chapter, both of which are arguably not "witchhunts" at all. all in all his statement means nothing important but might not be a lie per say.
Gold: 22,164.69
May 18 2017 10:19am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 10:06am)
I kind of agree

Goodie Proctor for Secretary of Education? Goodie Nurse for Governor? Senator Giles Corey?
May 18 2017 10:25am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2017 09:13am)
Sarcasm aside this is likely the largest in scale wtichhunt that's ever been done. The internet, tv, worldwide communication, etc all pretty much guarantee this. Ironically the only thing that's standing in the way of that would be the HRC chapter, both of which are arguably not "witchhunts" at all. all in all his statement means nothing important but might not be a lie per say.

Clintons have him beat and will probably always hold the record.

Trump is getting slammed like a mofo though and certainly will hold # 2 when all is said and done but this slamming very well may be what gets him another 4 years if he doesn't get himself impeached.

Trump benefits from the "witch hunt" the Clintons never did (politically speaking)
May 18 2017 10:39am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 18 2017 10:25am)
Clintons have him beat and will probably always hold the record.

Trump is getting slammed like a mofo though and certainly will hold # 2 when all is said and done but this slamming very well may be what gets him another 4 years if he doesn't get himself impeached.

Trump benefits from the "witch hunt" the Clintons never did (politically speaking)

Well i kind of agree and disagree. The clinton's (bill especially) got it bad over a BJ perjury charge, which was a silly waste of time really. the media could have outed him as a philanderer just fine. Then HRC's whole ordeal to me is only "bigger" because of how long it was drug out for a single issue (versus trumps many many issues which snowball), there was literal physical evidence out there for everyone to see. Trump's case only goes to date, but in some senses goes back to his original "they're sending us there rapists" speech. which is a long time even though its flown by. and we can conceivably guess it will go on forever for him. we'll see who comes out looking worse though.

HRC did get a little boost after the senate hearings, she even touted it as an asset in debates. "i sat in front of congress for X hours, i'm fit to the challenge". and she's widely known as a bulletproof figure given her record of fending off attacks. not wholly positive, but somewhat.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 18 2017 10:39am
May 18 2017 10:41am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2017 09:39am)
Well i kind of agree and disagree. The clinton's (bill especially) got it bad over a BJ perjury charge, which was a silly waste of time really. the media could have outed him as a philanderer just fine. Then HRC's whole ordeal to me is only "bigger" because of how long it was drug out, there was literal physical evidence out there for everyone to see. Trump's case only goes to date, but in some senses goes back to his original "they're sending us there rapists" speech. which is a long time even though its flown by. and we can conceivably guess it will go on forever for him. we'll see who comes out looking worse though.

HRC did get a little boost after the senate hearings, she even touted it as an asset in debates. "i sat in front of congress for X hours, i'm fit to the challenge". and she's widely known as a bulletproof figure given her record of fending off attacks. not wholly positive, but somewhat.

yeah I meant bigger in terms of length and the amount of ridiculousness involved that drowned out legitimate criticism and investigation

all 3 are crooked but Trump will need to stick around a few decades in politics to be as hunted as Mrs. Clinton
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll