d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1121314151678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Mar 28 2013 07:33pm
Quote (Azrad @ Mar 25 2013 01:29pm)
You guys talking about Simpleforce?  Uhh "rabid muslim" would be a nice way to describe him. I'd tell you what I think about him but every time I do, I get  another warn so I'll have to pass on that.  :(

I will say this. Everyone holds irrational beliefs. Here is one of mine: I believe their are rational Muslim posters here in PaRD, despite all evidence to the contrary. We just haven't seen them yet.  :)

There have been rational Muslim posters in PaRD. I constantly hope we will have a rational Muslim regular soon.
Gold: 7,252.72
Mar 28 2013 07:37pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Mar 28 2013 09:33pm)
There have been rational Muslim posters in PaRD.  I constantly hope we will have a rational Muslim regular soon.

...begging the question...why ?
Gold: Locked
Mar 28 2013 07:50pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Mar 28 2013 06:37pm)
...begging the question...why ?

Another interesting perspective on things. More viewpoints, more diversity, and more food for thought. I don't come to PaRD to feel "right", I come to PaRD to expand my knowledge/stretch my brain. The more unique points of view we have, the better.
Gold: 10,042.00
Mar 28 2013 10:00pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Mar 28 2013 06:50pm)
Another interesting perspective on things.  More viewpoints, more diversity, and more food for thought.  I don't come to PaRD to feel "right", I come to PaRD to expand my knowledge/stretch my brain.  The more unique points of view we have, the better.

agreed
Gold: 2,913.00
Mar 29 2013 01:28am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Mar 28 2013 03:48pm)
I noticed while perusing the Hardcore forums that you use illegal mods  to PK other players . Is this acceptable under sharia law ?

I noticed that your comment has nothing to do with this thread; straw-man argument with zero basis, just because I have destroyed your pagan beliefs right in-front of your eyes, and you know deep inside that you are totally helpless of doing anything about it.
Mar 29 2013 01:29am
Quote (dajusta @ Mar 28 2013 05:41pm)
Forged text are thrown out due to the process of textual criticism.  It is the process of comparing the oldest text to current text and making the right revisions. 

What you are proving is the fact that the Bible has sound judgement in determining what is authentic to its original format.

Thank you for admitting that the Bible has been corrupted just a couple of gazilion times :P

Quote (Ylem122 @ Mar 28 2013 06:25pm)
gods plan was for Muhammad to die a true martyr in mecca.  IMO upon fleeing meca and the assins sent to kill him by the unjust rulers of mecca Muhammad discarded his prophet hat and took on the crown of the leader.

if not for him fleeing mecca, Islam could very have been the greatest religion the world knows, offering up the same teachings as jesus, but accomplished by that of a mortal man.

What drugs are you on?
Gold: 0.00
Mar 29 2013 01:40am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Mar 28 2013 11:28pm)
I noticed that your comment has nothing to do with this thread; straw-man argument with zero basis, just because I have destroyed your pagan beliefs right in-front of your eyes, and you know deep inside that you are totally helpless of doing anything about it.

It was more an ad hominem since he disregarded the argument based on the arguer.
Gold: 655.00
Mar 29 2013 02:07am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Mar 29 2013 03:29am)
What drugs are you on?

as the consitution of medina, the proclamation that slaughter is holy when in oppisiont to persecution, and the execution of 800 POW's, was the work of the devil, gods plan was clearly for muhummad to die in mecca as a true martyr.

one cannot serve god and man.

everything beyond that point was the work of satan, or greed, or resentment for the rulers of mecca, or resentment for their gual to try and kill him, or lust for power, but really their all the same thing right?

it was only the remberance of gods want for all to accept peace in any circumstance when it is offered that brought him out from the influence of the devil, to which he choose to live in mecca as a commoner (i belive as that would be gods plan in that one cannot serve man and god) offering advice.

fruther more, BBC put out this the life of muhhumad, its 3 parts 1 hour each, i highly reccomend it for anyone interesting in learning alittle more about islam from a relativly unbias source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPelK0MynM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkejHvAfd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O1OEviUuQ

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Mar 29 2013 02:19am
Mar 31 2013 02:49am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Mar 29 2013 08:07am)
as the consitution of medina, the proclamation that slaughter is holy when in oppisiont to persecution, and the execution of 800 POW's, was the work of the devil, gods plan was clearly for muhummad to die in mecca as a true martyr.

one cannot serve god and man.

everything beyond that point was the work of satan, or greed, or resentment for the rulers of mecca, or resentment for their gual to try and kill him, or lust for power, but really their all the same thing right?

it was only the remberance of gods want for all to accept peace in any circumstance when it is offered that brought him out from the influence of the devil, to which he choose to live in mecca as a commoner (i belive as that would be gods plan in that one cannot serve man and god) offering advice.

fruther more, BBC put out this the life of muhhumad, its 3 parts 1 hour each, i highly reccomend it for anyone interesting in learning alittle more about islam from a relativly unbias source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPelK0MynM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkejHvAfd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O1OEviUuQ

I ask again: what drugs are you on?

Edit: And what does this have anything to do with the subject of this thread?

REMINDER:

Here's a quick summary of what christians think about the Bible:

"We believe that the Bible is the ultimate, perfect, unchanged word of God himself, revealed unto 40 writers, and, even though it has countless contradictions, and keeps on changing, we can STILL trust it, and follow it and its doctrines"

The problem with such a statement hardly needs exposing: if a text has been corrupt over time, and you no longer know what the original manuscripts say - due to the fact that you do not HAVE the originals - , then you can reasonably argue that your faith is based on other people's OPINIONS, and what their PERSONAL OPINIONS wrote by the passing of time!

A quick example of Bible corruption:

Another fabrication which was thrown out is the only verse that resembles the Trinity, from the 1st epistle of John, Chapter 5, verse 7, which says: “For there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one.” / 1 John 5:7, Douay/Rheims Catholic Bible, King James Version.

But this is not in the Revised Standard Version of the Bible! Isn't the RSV the Word of God? In that Bible it's not there! Why is it not there? It's not there because the 32 Christian scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 cooperating church denominations, saw that this is another fabrication; another interpolation, so they also threw it out!

And we are not discussing just one word been thrown out! There are lots more! There are whole chunks and even chapters of this kind of discrepancies! And if you need to learn about something, you must go to the experts. So, if you want to know something about the Bible, you go to the Bible experts, and they are telling you that this is a fabrication!

The ascension from Mark 16:19, is not in my RSV Bible! I open up Mark Chapter 16, and I see that it ends at verse 8! 9-20 is missing! Did I take it out? Did any Muslim take it out? No!

32 scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 cooperating church denominations, they saw it fit, that this is another fabrication imposed upon Christendom, and they also threw it out! It's not in my RSV Bible; therefore it is not the word of God!

If the RSV is the Word of God, then the KJV is not the Word of God. But (!), I pick up another Bible (another RSV, printed in 1971), and I see it back again! It's inside! The ascension is only mentioned in 2 places in the Gospels (Mark 16:19, and Luke 24:51), however, ironically, when Jesus rode the donkey into Jerusalem, all 4 Gospel writers mention it! (Matthew 21:7; Mark 11:7; Luke 19:35; John 12:14). A lesser happening was not missed out by any of the 4 Gospel writers, but the ascension was only mentioned by 2! And again they are fabrications! What was thrown out was put back in again! Because when I look into the 1971 RSV Bible, which was printed by the same printers, in the same publishing house, I see that it is there again!

In the preface, we read the following:

“Two passages, the longer ending of Mark (16:9-20) and the account of the woman caught in adultery (John 7:53-8:11), are restored to the text,” (RSV 1971 preface)

By who’s authority? Once again, the 1971 RSV preface gives us the answer:

“Many proposals for modification were submitted to the Committee by individuals and by two denominational committees.”

Furthermore, the 1946 RSV preface also says:

“The King James Version of the New Testament was based upon a Greek text that was marred by mistakes, containing the accumulated errors of fourteen centuries of manuscript copying. It was essentially the Greek text of the New Testament as edited by Beza, 1589, who closely followed that published by Erasmus, 1516-1535, which was based upon a few medieval manuscripts. The earliest and best of the eight manuscripts which Erasmus consulted was from the tenth century, and he made the least use of it because it differed most from the commonly received text; Beza had access to two manuscripts of great value, dating from the fifth and sixth centuries, but he made very little use of them because they differed from the text published by Erasmus.”

Source: "Comparative Religion: What you should really know about the Scriptures, Chapter 3, section 2, pages 55-56

I have YET to see anyone refute this argument. And believe me: no-one will ever, because it is the (sad) truth about the Bible

This post was edited by poulgaragr on Mar 31 2013 02:52am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 31 2013 03:50am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Mar 31 2013 12:49am)

I have YET to see anyone refute this argument. And believe me: no-one will ever, because it is the (sad) truth about the Bible

I think you haven't seen anyone refute it because no refutations have been posted in size 798, bold, multicolored font.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll