d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev1121314151622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2024 09:12pm
Quote (MoXeR @ May 9 2024 01:59am)
god is fiction
fiction, if believed thoroughly, turns into ones reality, for the better or worse

Then your final destination is 6 feet underground. How sad will it be for you on the day you know you are going to die?
Gold: 13,338.69
May 9 2024 12:21am
Quote (CPK001 @ 9 May 2024 05:12)
Then your final destination is 6 feet underground. How sad will it be for you on the day you know you are going to die?

only in this very moment and only when viewed from the outside but not the other way around
in every other moment of my life I will have lived with more intensity because I have the freedom to write my own values
the only thing that could ever hold me back are people with artificial constrains like you
May 9 2024 01:33am
Quote (MoXeR @ May 9 2024 04:21pm)
only in this very moment and only when viewed from the outside but not the other way around
in every other moment of my life I will have lived with more intensity because I have the freedom to write my own values
the only thing that could ever hold me back are people with artificial constrains like you

Let's see what the opening book of Ecclesiastes has to say:

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

Not even 30 years after your death nobody is going to think of you or remember you. How long after a funeral did you get back to your normal everyday activity? Was it 1-2 weeks? Do you want to know how hard it is to be remembered for all time? (Unless you get into music).

Right here and right now, without looking up the answer, name all of the US Presidents in reverse order. Start with Biden and end with Washington. How far back can you go?

Even arguably the most famous job in the world, sooner or later they'll be forgotten.

No matter what you decide to pursue, death makes it all meaningless. You also don't know when you are going to die. You could be dead this time next week. I know of someone who was walking down the street in the city when a bus suddenly lost control and pinned them to the wall. It was a Friday Afternoon just before the weekend. That person moments earlier had just left a nails salon.

You are not invincible and your legacy will not last. It's all meaningless. Your life has no meaning since you don't pursue a relationship with the Lord God Almighty.

Do you value the moment of the here and now? Why are you spending your time here with me if this life is all you have?
Gold: 13,338.69
May 9 2024 01:40am
Quote (CPK001 @ 9 May 2024 09:33)
Let's see what the opening book of Ecclesiastes has to say:

Everything Is Meaningless
1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.”

3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

Not even 30 years after your death nobody is going to think of you or remember you. How long after a funeral did you get back to your normal everyday activity? Was it 1-2 weeks? Do you want to know how hard it is to be remembered for all time? (Unless you get into music).

Right here and right now, without looking up the answer, name all of the US Presidents in reverse order. Start with Biden and end with Washington. How far back can you go?

Even arguably the most famous job in the world, sooner or later they'll be forgotten.

No matter what you decide to pursue, death makes it all meaningless. You also don't know when you are going to die. You could be dead this time next week. I know of someone who was walking down the street in the city when a bus suddenly lost control and pinned them to the wall. It was a Friday Afternoon just before the weekend. That person moments earlier had just left a nails salon.

You are not invincible and your legacy will not last. It's all meaningless. Your life has no meaning since you don't pursue a relationship with the Lord God Almighty.

Do you value the moment of the here and now? Why are you spending your time here with me if this life is all you have?

I create meaning by reason alone
non of the above has anything to do with me or my post
you are projecting
May 10 2024 05:03pm
Quote (MoXeR @ May 9 2024 05:40pm)
I create meaning by reason alone
non of the above has anything to do with me or my post
you are projecting

Whatever meaning you try to create, death makes it all meaningless.
Gold: 4,326.24
May 10 2024 05:05pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 9 2024 12:12am)

How sad is it for people who believe their entire life that they are going to live on forever in the after life simply because it's written in a book.
May 10 2024 05:47pm
Quote (x_h @ May 11 2024 09:05am)
How sad is it for people who believe their entire life that they are going to live on forever in the after life simply because it's written in a book.

Go on.
Gold: 80,771.69
May 11 2024 02:24am
"solarflares" - code for 'EMP':

the battle of gog & Maygog, what the ec-lipse ritual signified;
antichrist microwaving(electromagnetic convulsing/gamma radiation)
all of US during all sleep hours 7pm-9 am:

Gold: 4,326.24
May 11 2024 04:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 10 2024 08:47pm)
Go on.

It's just sad that people spend their entire life thinking there is something better than this life waiting for them after they die. There is no reason to believe that's true.
May 11 2024 06:52pm
Quote (x_h @ May 11 2024 08:00pm)
It's just sad that people spend their entire life thinking there is something better than this life waiting for them after they die. There is no reason to believe that's true.

If you saw it then it wouldn't be faith now would it? If you saw it then there would be no hope then right? Who hopes for what he sees?

There are many stories in the Bible where people put their trust in God in times of persecution. A perfect example of this is Daniel 3. You should read that and see how God delivers.

What I find sad is how if you live only for this life then you are born at the worst possible time. Who knows how far technology will advance 50 years from now? You will never have the latest toys and war is still prevalent in this world.

Would you dare go to Ukraine and spend the remainder of your life there? Would you then tell me that you are completely satisfied with your life?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll