d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1125126127128129173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
May 13 2019 08:17pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 13 2019 09:04pm)
We've been over this about a dozen times. I knew what this was from the get-go and refusing to waste my time in following a political smear campaign is a net good how I spent my life. You shared unsubstantiated 'journalism' and propaganda for years. Goom poked holes in those nonsensical narratives on a daily basis, and guess what he turned out to be 100% correct. Now, you don't even show an ounce of remorse for smearing another human being entirely based on fabrications. Instead, you pivoted to something else to hate this human being on. I know if i was bamboozled with lies from 'journalists' that happened to be completely false i would be upset with those people. Instead, you continue to peddle the same agenda, uncritically & unapologetically.

Honestly, the last two years showed me the real power of propaganda. Droves of people indoctrinated to think a certain way on half-truths. Even when those half-truths are exposed it's like they never existed, no self reflection, no contemplation of how this could have happened, no planning or determination to not let this happen again.

So you've refused to follow the case because it's just a dumb smear campaign from the deep state liberals.

Yet you understand the facts enough to know that all the stories and analysis I posted was wrong, and all the stuff Trumpshill posted was right.

Alright buddy.... glad you cared enough to re-engage in a subject you know nothing about.
May 13 2019 08:25pm
As far as ofthevoid drawing attention to the Russiagate thread as evidence I always had it in for Trump.

Ofthevoid shows up much more in the beginning than myself. I don't post much in the beginning, and it looks like I was even-handed with the available evidence:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76154721&f=119&o=285

16 pages in and the most obscene thing I did was offer a Reddit analysis for comment. Every news story was accurate.

This post was edited by IceMage on May 13 2019 08:34pm
Gold: 10,485.00
May 13 2019 08:42pm

Trump was working a deal with Russia with Russia for a Trump Tower in Moscow. Just like 1000 other businessmen do deals with foreign countries.

The Dems ofc, were about 2 seconds away from getting busted on a whole slew of things, and then lost the election. SO... they decided to accuse Trump of collusion.

Ya know, like this...

May 13 2019 08:51pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 16 2017 06:26pm)
The dossier is just an easy thing to focus on for partisans on both sides. Most of the developments in this Russia investigation have nothing to do with the dossier.

Looks like IceMage was fully committed to this vast conspiracy narrative.
Gold: 0.00
May 13 2019 09:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 13 2019 05:39pm)
Go read the russia collusion thread from page one on and tell me honestly that he didn't promote & spread a narrative that turned out to be complete bull.

Quote (IceMage @ May 13 2019 05:45pm)
IceMage

I went back and read the first 100 pages of the thread, especially all of IceMage's posts, and ran some numbers on his contributions. In the first 100 pages, I found that:

- IceMage posted a total of 100 times.
- 30 of these posts involved a direct link/quote from a news article/twitter post/other forum. The majority of the time that this was done, the post was just sharing the contents.
- 4 of these posts were to just share a gif.
- 2 of these posts were to just share a video.
- 2 of these posts were to just share a photo.

Although IceMage clearly has an anti-Trump aura to his posts, he repeatedly uses the words "if", "looks like", and "maybe" throughout his posts when referring to possible collusion, reflecting his reserving of judgment during the on-going investigation. He also defers to the findings of the investigation and acknowledges when there's a lack of evidence and/or when things have been proven false (like parts of the Steele Dossier). Here are some quotes that I found in the first 100 pages that I feel reflect this:

Quote (IceMage @ May 6 2017 10:45am)
It's going to be so sweet if this turns into something serious, and the #fakenews crowd can finally fuck off.

Quote (IceMage @ Jul 12 2017 07:09am)
There's no evidence Donald Trump knew about the meeting with the lawyer, and of the evidence we have, all it shows is that the campaign was willing to accept information from the Russians.

Quote (IceMage @ Oct 25 2017 11:11am)
The Trump-Russia dossier isn't fake... it's a real compilation of intelligence produced by an ex-MI6 agent. I think you meant to say unsubstantiated, but of course some of the contents have been verified, and some have been disproven.

Also, CNN was the first major network to report on the existence of the Trump-Russia dossier, and they did so after the election.

Quote (IceMage @ Oct 28 2017 06:33pm)
Mueller is going to get to the bottom of whatever went on. If there's not sufficient evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, we'll all know when the investigation is over.

The idea that there's some smoking gun which reveals Trump has been compromised by the Russian government makes for interesting television, but there's almost no chance that'll happen. I'm guessing members of the Trump campaign will be brought up on charges unrelated to the campaign directly, and after Trump loses in 2020 we'll all wonder whether Russia really did have kompromat on him.

Quote (IceMage @ Nov 15 2017 03:51pm)
Do you have a real opinion on his dossier? Why do you think Russian sources were telling a seasoned MI6 agent these things? What motivation did they have?

If I was a Trump cultist, I'd probably argue it was some legit intelligence that became SVR scuttlebutt, and Steele's sources got some things right, but many things wrong. The common arguments against the dossier are not legitimate.

Quote (IceMage @ Jan 16 2018 01:59pm)
Just because the charges don't yet show collusion with Russia doesn't mean they are insignificant.

Trump's deputy AG gave Mueller the authority to investigate issues outside of strictly collusion with Russia.

IceMage even said directly that he doesn't think any evidence of collusion would come to light:

Quote (IceMage @ Jan 16 2018 02:08pm)
I don't believe evidence of real collusion with Russia will be found... at best it'll just be the campaign willing to accept information from questionable sources with ties to Russia. I hope I'm wrong though... because that would be a disappointing episode of this reality show.

Gold: 2,617.52
May 13 2019 09:23pm
in peach now
May 13 2019 09:27pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 13 2019 10:21pm)
I went back and read the first 100 pages of the thread, especially all of IceMage's posts, and ran some numbers on his contributions. In the first 100 pages, I found that:

- IceMage posted a total of 100 times.
- 30 of these posts involved a direct link/quote from a news article/twitter post/other forum. The majority of the time that this was done, the post was just sharing the contents.
- 4 of these posts were to just share a gif.
- 2 of these posts were to just share a video.
- 2 of these posts were to just share a photo.

Although IceMage clearly has an anti-Trump aura to his posts, he repeatedly uses the words "if", "looks like", and "maybe" throughout his posts when referring to possible collusion, reflecting his reserving of judgment during the on-going investigation. He also defers to the findings of the investigation and acknowledges when there's a lack of evidence and/or when things have been proven false (like parts of the Steele Dossier). Here are some quotes that I found in the first 100 pages that I feel reflect this:

IceMage even said directly that he doesn't think any evidence of collusion would come to light:

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I didn't read that far in the thread, but I'm honestly surprised how willing I was to give Trump and his crew the benefit of the doubt at the beginning. They didn't deserve it.

This post was edited by IceMage on May 13 2019 09:36pm
May 14 2019 12:03am
Quote (IceMage @ May 13 2019 11:27pm)
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I didn't read that far in the thread, but I'm honestly surprised how willing I was to give Trump and his crew the benefit of the doubt at the beginning. They didn't deserve it.

And.... there we go. From an unbiased, based on reason opinion, right back to Orange Man Bad, in the blink of an eye.
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2019 12:56am
Exploding cars made out of basses, we're just rubbing off on each other.
May 14 2019 01:28am

Barr Assigns U.S. Attorney in Connecticut to Review Origins of Russia Inquiry

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/us/politics/russia-investigation-justice-department-review.html

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1125126127128129173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll