d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1124125126127128307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2023 05:58am
Quote (TiStuff @ May 20 2023 07:37pm)
all his mental acuity spent on perfecting the napkin meme.

That will be his legacy, the napkin meme.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 20 2023 06:54am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 20 2023 09:31pm)
Lololololololololol. Now you're saying that Rape isn't directly mentioned in the Bible? You quite literally posted 2 Bible verses and bolded that very word: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=99644580&f=119&p=646806853#p646806853

You did that, not me.

You're the one who brought that word up in the first place, not me.

Now you're backing down? You're digging your own grave.

We're not on the same page? I doubt you even know what book you're reading. You're still stuck trying to read the Title. That's how far behind you are.

Words have multiple meanings which can mean AND - OR

Rape can mean unconsented intercourse OR Violent assault Or violation etc. In the context of the bible it's closer to the latter.
In fact I should have quoted the original hebrew word wə·šā·ḵaḇ which means to lie down (sexual relationship/sleep with).

I quoted the NIV which is actually a revised mistranslation. I mainly do so because out of convenience and can't be bothered googling every single hebrew word. But you as a hardcore Christian should have known that. And instead of pointing that out you splitting hairs over the word which isnt very accurate to begin with.

It's like me saying I love ice-cream but you trying to make it out like I want to have sex with the ice-cream. You are twisting the word to mean something else entirely. Where as in the original hebrew it simply means to lie down and you are saying NO you said rape haha I gotchyou! First definition of the word is NOT the ONLY definition you skipped other definitions of the word AND you skipped the original hebrew definition wə·šā·ḵaḇ.

Let's tldr context + multiple definitions of same word = different meaning
Welcome to English language hope you graduate from 8th grade bud would hate to see you stuck there for another year, best of luck!

This post was edited by addone on May 20 2023 06:55am
May 20 2023 07:04am
Quote (TiStuff @ May 20 2023 09:37pm)
all his mental acuity spent on perfecting the napkin meme.

The napkin is divinely inspired. It all checks out you cant argue against that.
It said that on the napkin.

Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
May 20 2023 10:24am
Quote (addone @ May 20 2023 05:54am)

Rape can mean unconsented intercourse OR Violent assault Or violation etc. In the context of the bible it's closer to the latter.
In fact I should have quoted the original hebrew word wə·šā·ḵaḇ which means to lie down (sexual relationship/sleep with).

I quoted the NIV which is actually a revised mistranslation. I mainly do so because out of convenience and can't be bothered googling every single hebrew word. But you as a hardcore Christian should have known that. And instead of pointing that out you splitting hairs over the word which isnt very accurate to begin with.

It's like me saying I love ice-cream but you trying to make it out like I want to have sex with the ice-cream. You are twisting the word to mean something else entirely. Where as in the original hebrew it simply means to lie down and you are saying NO you said rape haha I gotchyou! First definition of the word is NOT the ONLY definition you skipped other definitions of the word AND you skipped the original hebrew definition wə·šā·ḵaḇ.

Welcome to English language hope you graduate from 8th grade bud would hate to see you stuck there for another year, best of luck!

HAHAHAHAH things can have different meanings according to context unless its in scripture then it only has what meaning some kook antitheist says it has.

Quote (addone @ May 20 2023 06:04am)

HAHAHAHA doubles down on the napkin meme while claiming to be divine good one godhood addone.
Gold: 76.00
May 20 2023 11:29am
Quote (addone @ May 20 2023 12:45am)
2 out 4 of your posts are you trying to cope in this very thread. Not very Christian name there buddy. Sounds like you are in the Lucifer worshipping cult or an edgy 14 year old. Let me know your frustrations with the church maybe I can help.

you have a serious case of main character syndrome
May 20 2023 02:43pm
Quote (TiStuff @ May 21 2023 04:24am)
HAHAHAHAH things can have different meanings according to context unless its in scripture then it only has what meaning some kook antitheist says it has.

HAHAHAHA doubles down on the napkin meme while claiming to be divine good one godhood addone.

There thousands of kook interpretations of the bible and each kook thinks theirs is the right one. While saying others are kooks.

Thanks for proving my point. Napkin is divine because it's written on it that it's Devine and also it says its the one and true religion. So who are you to argue against the word of the Napkin?
Gold: 80,771.69
May 20 2023 03:33pm
Quote (addone @ May 20 2023 06:04am)

Knight asked Carolyn to design a logo for his new brand. She was told to design a logo that can be easily placed on a shoe. Soshe started sketching designs on napkins and placed those designs on shoe drawingto see how they looked.

Phil Knight, Jeff Johnson and Bob Woodellwerenot impressed by the initial designs. Phil Knight said, “I don’t love it but it think it will grow on me.” She was disappointed from such a response and went back to the drawing board started refining her designs. Finally, she succeeded in coming up with a design that Phil and his team liked and became Nike logo designer. It took her a little over 17 hours to create this iconic logo.

Nike was the winged goddess of victory

This post was edited by lodd222 on May 20 2023 03:38pm
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2023 06:30pm
Quote (addone @ May 20 2023 10:54pm)

You are quite literally going against the dictionary definition. Rape was defined as BOTH sexual assault AND unconsented sex.

I'll even quote it for you.

unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the person subjected to such penetration. See also sexual assault.

So either the dictionary site is wrong or you are wrong. I think I know which one I'm more inclined to believe. So how am I twisting the definition when you are the one trying to bring an "OR" into context and these "external factors"?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
May 20 2023 07:15pm
op drinks budlight while he reads napkin
May 20 2023 11:00pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 21 2023 12:30pm)
You are quite literally going against the dictionary definition. Rape was defined as BOTH sexual assault AND unconsented sex.

I'll even quote it for you.

So either the dictionary site is wrong or you are wrong. I think I know which one I'm more inclined to believe. So how am I twisting the definition when you are the one trying to bring an "OR" into context and these "external factors"?

WRONG!! IT IS NOT ITS ONLY DEFINITION
Scroll past the first definition ignoramus.

The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with term sexual assault.
It's other definitions depending which dictionary you use including;

Violation
Coercion
An act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse
Dispoliation
An act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
Ravish
Abduction of a woman/man with the intent of sexually assaulting them

It could also mean
an Old World herb (Brassica napus) of the mustard family grown as a forage crop and for its seeds which yield rapeseed oil and are a bird food
the pomace of grapes left after expression of the juice

First recorded in 1250-1300; Middle English verb rape, from Anglo-French rape, from Latin rapere "to seize, carry off by force, plunder"; Middle English noun, from Anglo-French ra(a)p(e), derivative of rape.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape

We are talking about the old definition here not the modern version we have today. You are desperately arguing about the modern version of word rape and ONLY the first definition. There are multiple definitions of the word rape as I have demonstrated. We are talking about a 2000 year old book and it's meaning when it was written. Holy shit get a clue.

You so desperate lol. The word we should be discussing is וְשָׁכַ֥ב
wə-šā-ḵaḇ. It is Hebrew word for to lie with (sleep) it's an English mistranslation. Rape in THIS context is sleep with woman consensual or not. It doesn't even talk about assault. You are wanting it to mean something specific so that you can get a tiny win.

Won't allow that you don't deserve it.

The Hebrew word used here for "violated" is עָנָה‎ anah or inah, which (depending on the context) can mean "to rape, to force [sexually], to defile, to violate, to ravish, to mistreat, to afflict, to humble/humiliate, to oppress, to subject/submit/subdue, to weaken".

The Bible didn't use this word in the quoted it's literally a mistranslation. Your entire argument is based on a mistranslated word which isn't even in the quote LOL PATHETIC!

This post was edited by addone on May 20 2023 11:00pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1124125126127128307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll