d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev11241251261271281036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 2 2020 11:34am
Quote (thesnipa @ 2 Jul 2020 19:27)
yup. why give the voters a choice of policy when instead you can put a slightly more polite bumbling senior on stage and just say "ok, of these two clearly flawed mentally declining idiots, who does your gut tell you would do a better job"?

I still think that Trump is at a low point right now, and that Biden will stumble between now and November.

Like I keep saying: team Trump needs to make voters scared of the agenda and policies a Biden presidency would enable. Once Biden has picked a VP, it will be obvious to voters that this person has a high likelihood of becoming president, and that, win or lose, this person is the favorite to become the leader of the Democratic party after Biden. For example, if he picks Kamala Harris, Trump can draw a contrast with her. Making voters reject the America that Harris would stand for will be far easier than doing the same with Biden. And no, I'm not talking about the fact that she's a woman or a person of color.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 2 2020 11:37am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 2 2020 12:34pm)
I still think that Trump is at a low point right now, and that Biden will stumble between now and November.

Like I keep saying: team Trump needs to make voters scared of the agenda and policies a Biden presidency would enable. Once Biden has picked a VP, it will be obvious to voters that this person has a high likelihood of becoming president, and that, win or lose, this person is the favorite to become the leader of the Democratic party after Biden. For example, if he picks Kamala Harris, Trump can draw a contrast with her. Making voters reject the America that Harris would stand for will be far easier than doing the same with Biden. And no, I'm not talking about the fact that she's a woman or a person of color.

good luck, Biden is the milk toast candidate on policy who was chosen by centrists in the DNC because of how little impact his platform will have. so good fucking luck making people scared of white bread.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 2 2020 11:42am
The interesting question is... will anyone actually turn out for sleepy Joe?
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 2 2020 11:46am
Quote (thesnipa @ 2 Jul 2020 19:37)
good luck, Biden is the milk toast candidate on policy who was chosen by centrists in the DNC because of how little impact his platform will have. so good fucking luck making people scared of white bread.

This would be difficult, but definitely possible if we were living in calm times with not much other stuff going on. He could point to the copious amounts of far-left lunacy that was proposed by the likes of AOC, Warren, Bernie, and embraced by the rank and file of the party. Run against Obama/AOC/Warren/Pelosi more than against Biden. Ignore Biden, and point out that he's just the stooge of the DNC and Obama, just the trojan horse meant to be inoffensive who will enable all the leftist wet dreams once he's in office.

But this kind of messaging has zero chance of piercing through as long as there are more important problems that people (rightfully!!!) expect Trump to solve. He keeps failing at his most important job (getting the country through the corona crisis with as little damage as possible, get the American people to feel somewhat safe and in good hands), and as long as that's the case, he is doomed.

Quote (EndlessSky @ 2 Jul 2020 19:42)

Lots and lots of people will turn out to vote against Trump.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 2 2020 11:49am
Jul 2 2020 12:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 2 2020 12:42pm)

You don't cheer for Anthony Smith, you cheer for Jon Jones to lose.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 2 2020 12:29pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 2 2020 10:42am)

When the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, the other team is my new favorite team every single time.
Jul 2 2020 01:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 2 2020 02:07pm)
You don't cheer for Anthony Smith, you cheer for Jon Jones to lose.

Youre going to lose either way then. Biden is going to be Carter part II.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 2 2020 01:19pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 2 2020 12:06pm)

Certainly possible. My biggest fear is that faith in the DOJ and other institutions continues to plummet. How can we restore faith in our institutions? If something was actually illegal/unethical, how can we punish people without it being considered political retribution? On the other hand, how can we effectively communicate what the norms are and point out that partisans are simply being partisan?
Jul 2 2020 01:24pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 2 2020 02:06pm)

so be it.
Jul 2 2020 01:39pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 2 2020 03:19pm)
Certainly possible. My biggest fear is that faith in the DOJ and other institutions continues to plummet. How can we restore faith in our institutions? If something was actually illegal/unethical, how can we punish people without it being considered political retribution? On the other hand, how can we effectively communicate what the norms are and point out that partisans are simply being partisan?

There is no threat of that now in the executive branch. Trump was one of t only presidents in history to shrink the size of the government.

Its too late for that in many other places. You have cities with pink haired judges and police chiefs that cower to Democrat senators. You have schools with 90% far left wahmen teachers. Academia hollywood etc etc. All of the leadership positions in our culture have been seized and used as political assets by the left. The only way to reverse that is to put conservatives back into school media etc. in positions of power but how do you even go about doing that?

The other thing would be term limits in more government positions maybe. There are too many j edgar hoovers in the executive branch now.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11241251261271281036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll