d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1124212431244124512461253Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2024 04:47am
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 17 2024 01:43pm)
It matters less what they identified as and more whether they are native to the area or have lived in the area for millennia.

How can the illegal expansion of settlements in the West Bank that are kicking people out of their homes be justified?

It’s not justified. To my opinion anyways.
But do
Do You acknowledge that it’s just a small part of this conflict ? I don’t want to go into a discussion where I need to justify Israel’s actions. I don’t think that israel is perfect nor do i agree to every policy.
What I want people to understand is that the root of the conflict is the refusal of the Palestinians to accept defeat. Let them accept it. We will
Discuss borders later.

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Oct 17 2024 04:49am
Gold: 48,640.00
Oct 17 2024 04:53am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 17 Oct 2024 18:44)
I want them to surrender and drop their destructive ideologies.
As long as I care it can be with no deaths or many deaths. Either way I agree that they need to be defeated.

They won't change their ideologies. They will just come out with a different group with different name., they didn't change 10 years back, 20 years back, 30 to 40 years back even after the humiliation They didn't change after the 6 day war, didn't change after the Yom Kippur war. What makes you think they will change now.

They are yearning for a Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Oct 17 2024 04:54am
Oct 17 2024 04:59am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 17 2024 01:53pm)
They won't change their ideologies. They will just come out with a different group with different name., they didn't change 10 years back, 20 years back, 30 to 40 years back even after the humiliation They didn't change after the 6 day war, didn't change after the Yom Kippur war. What makes you think they will change now.

They are yearning for a Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

It is beyond me to predict if they will or will not change.
Regardless, it still should be Israel’s strategy. As long as Israel won’t pursue this direction, we will be stuck in this forever war.

Maybe Hiroshima will help.. who knows.

Edit:/ I just hope for a clear winner of the war and not those “cease fire” bullcrap that the left likes. Like.. who knew that wars ends with cease fire ? Such a dumb idea.

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Oct 17 2024 05:01am
Gold: 3.33
Oct 17 2024 04:59am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Oct 17 2024 11:47am)
It’s not justified. To my opinion anyways.
But do
Do You acknowledge that it’s just a small part of this conflict ? I don’t want to go into a discussion where I need to justify Israel’s actions. I don’t this Israel is perfect nor do i agree to every policy.
What I want people to understand that the root of the conflict is the refusal of the Palestinians to accept defeat. Let them accept it. We will
Discuss borders later.

I do acknowledge that and I support Israel. It's always seemed to me that the Palestinians and their key supporters have always had maximalist objectives that have continually denied the existence of Israel and led to most of the conflicts with Israel since its creation. They've had many opportunities over the years to accept deals that would have ended the conflict. The whole reason for Hamas attacking you on October 7th was to freeze normalisation talks with arab states that were moving towards fully accepting Israel.

The areas where I disagree with Israel's conduct are around settlements in the West Bank and the disregard for civilian life in the war.

In previous conflicts Israel would always operate with one hand tied behind their back to avoid civilian casualties at the expense of killing fewer terrorists. But now, the whole tactic has shifted to a shoot first, ask questions later strategy which is compounded by Hamas' frequent use of human shields. While this strategy makes sense in an existential war, doing this in a war where your capabilities far outstrip that of your enemy is a really bad look and achieves exactly what Hamas wanted, i.e. end of normalisation with arab states and decreasing western public support for Israel.

This post was edited by dro94 on Oct 17 2024 05:00am
Oct 17 2024 05:06am
Quote (dro94 @ Oct 17 2024 01:59pm)
I do acknowledge that and I support Israel. It's always seemed to me that the Palestinians and their key supporters have always had maximalist objectives that have continually denied the existence of Israel and led to most of the conflicts with Israel since its creation. They've had many opportunities over the years to accept deals that would have ended the conflict. The whole reason for Hamas attacking you on October 7th was to freeze normalisation talks with arab states that were moving towards fully accepting Israel.

The areas where I disagree with Israel's conduct are around settlements in the West Bank and the disregard for civilian life in the war.

In previous conflicts Israel would always operate with one hand tied behind their back to avoid civilian casualties at the expense of killing fewer terrorists. But now, the whole tactic has shifted to a shoot first, ask questions later strategy which is compounded by Hamas' frequent use of human shields. While this strategy makes sense in an existential war, doing this in a war where your capabilities far outstrip that of your enemy is a really bad look and achieves exactly what Hamas wanted, i.e. end of normalisation with arab states and decreasing western public support for Israel.

I agree with everything. Great description of the situation.
I do however wonder if Israel is not hold for higher standards in war ? There is no doubt that Hamas intentions are for its own civilian deaths, they wouldn’t be operating whiting uninvolved population otherwise. But I have to wonder how can a western country be operating this complex war differently.

Let me add that if those are the only two bullets which you disagree with Israel, then we are in a good place. I disagree to 95% of what this bad government is doing…

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Oct 17 2024 05:09am
Gold: 11.11
Oct 17 2024 05:13am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 17 2024 06:33am)
I do not think if the US stop supporting Israel now, they will fall..

Lol'd.

I don't think you appreciate how much the Israeli army relies on Uncle Sams production and support. Israel simply does not have the domestic production to keep up with the current attrition rate.

I would also like for you to explain to me, my friend, how you believe that the goat lovers are currently losing. Like yeah, Israel isn't necessarily "losing" (thanks to its greatest ally), but you let me know when the greatest navy in the world can defeat a bunch of 70iq, khat chewing camel jockeys.

So far it's not happening, fam.
Gold: 3.33
Oct 17 2024 05:19am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Oct 17 2024 12:06pm)
I agree with everything. Great description of the situation.
I do however wonder if Israel is not hold for higher standards in war ? There is no doubt that Hamas intentions are for its own civilian deaths, they wouldn’t be operating whiting uninvolved population otherwise. But I have to wonder how can a western country be operating this complex war differently.

It would be very difficult for Israelis to accept because it means accepting higher casualties among your troops. That's why I don't blame the Israeli government much for employing that strategy.

However, there are some things you could have done that would have helped the cause and not affected your casualty rate:

- not delaying aid into gaza, even though it is known how Hamas control some of the distribution.
- providing evidence of terrorist cells in the area where strikes killed many civilians. For example, the hospital bombed a few days ago where the civilians were burnt alive in tents outside. To my knowledge, no evidence has been provided yet of terrorists being there, which then leads some to believe civilians are being deliberately targeted.

A civilian casualty rate of 40-60% in this war is about average for urban conflicts, so while I don't think civilians are being deliberately targeted, the IDF just doesn't care about collateral, or about justifying themselves. But this has important political implications.
Gold: 2,525.52
Oct 17 2024 05:37am
Protests were quiet this year.

I would say this is good, but there were also countermeasures to exclude outside forces.

It's possible all of the student protests were caused by outside individuals inflaming the quiet protests.
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 17 2024 05:48am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 17 Oct 2024 13:37)
Protests were quiet this year.

I would say this is good, but there were also countermeasures to exclude outside forces.

It's possible all of the student protests were caused by outside individuals inflaming the quiet protests.

Iirc, a lot of the protests on campuses earlier in the year were indeed led by paid, professional instigators. The ones funding them obviously didn't want this issue - which is killing Democrats - to become more salient this October, one month ahead of the election.

That being said, it seemed as if the protests on the anniversary of Oct7 were also muted because the "mainstream activist kids" had gotten kinda tired of this issue, leaving only the much smaller group of true believers still organizing protests.
Gold: 48,640.00
Oct 17 2024 06:04am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 17 Oct 2024 18:59)
It is beyond me to predict if they will or will not change.
Regardless, it still should be Israel’s strategy. As long as Israel won’t pursue this direction, we will be stuck in this forever war.

Maybe Hiroshima will help.. who knows.

Edit:/ I just hope for a clear winner of the war and not those “cease fire” bullcrap that the left likes. Like.. who knew that wars ends with cease fire ? Such a dumb idea.

I honestly don't understand why you guys hate China's Xinjiang policies so much, calling it Genocide I think it is full of BS really.
I don't see them goat lovers in Xinjiang behaving like assholes anymore, or should I say they just don't try anything funny.

Their houses are intact, their mosques are intact ( with Chinese Characteristics ofc ), their homes, roads and everything intact, no loud speakers asking everyone to pray 5 times a day.
Their kids goes to school, have fun in the playgrounds , food to eat, water to drink, they do well in school they go to big cities and make it big, whats not good about that.

Peaceful..
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1124212431244124512461253Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll