d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1124012411242124312441253Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Oct 17 2024 12:16am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 17 Oct 2024 00:10)
Technically they did, they recognized the state of Israel on the same day that Ben Gurion proclaim the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.
There were only 22 countries that did that in 1948.

Followed up by 33 Countries in 1949.

The rest started to slowly follow after.

They were the first country that recognized the State of Israel, as one of the main, most important and most powerful allied member after WW2, their military , economical and political clout is influential to the state and the creation of the state of Israel.

In 1946 Truman recommend to admit displaced Jews into Palestine and in that same year publicly declare the support for the creation of the Jewish state.

What follows was a weapon embargo from 1948 during our independence war and up until 1962
Gold: 48,640.00
Oct 17 2024 12:18am
Quote (Many_Names @ 17 Oct 2024 14:16)
What follows was a weapon embargo from 1948 during our independence war and up until 1962

But they did give you your state right. Your question is what did the US gave you.
So technically they did give you your state or do I understand it differently.
Oct 17 2024 03:45am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 17 Oct 2024 09:18)
But they did give you your state right. Your question is what did the US gave you.
So technically they did give you your state or do I understand it differently.

No one gave us a state we fought for it against all odds and won
Recognizing and giving are 2 different words.
We would have a state with or without US recognition
Oct 17 2024 04:02am
Quote (Many_Names @ 17 Oct 2024 17:45)
No one gave us a state we fought for it against all odds and won
Recognizing and giving are 2 different words.
We would have a state with or without US recognition

As much as I support Israel's defense and reaction towards the Goat lovers in Gaza , Hezbollah and soon those Allahu Ackbars in Iran.

I would say this . You will not have a state without the USA intervention that is just a fact mate.
After the horrors of the Holocaust , your political, economical and military clout is diminished.

Without the clear winner of WW2 which was the United States, I can sufficiently say you may not have gotten your state.
Let's be fair here to the United States government and give them credit when it is due. :mellow:

Furthermore , you did fight for sure, we did study about the King David Hotel and Irgun and before Irgun, Haganah.
So the fight for your state is successful, but it might not have came into fruition without the United States really.

Just to be fair. :mellow:
Oct 17 2024 04:05am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 17 Oct 2024 13:02)
As much as I support Israel's defense and reaction towards the Goat lovers in Gaza , Hezbollah and soon those Allahu Ackbars in Iran.

I would say this . You will not have a state without the USA intervention that is just a fact mate.
After the horrors of the Holocaust, your political, economical and military clout is diminished.

Without the clear winner of WW2 which was the United States, I can sufficiently say you may not have gotten your state.
Let's be fair here to the United States government and give them credit when it is due. :mellow:

Furthermore , you did fight for sure, we did study about the King David Hotel and Irgun and before Irgun, Haganah.
So the fight for your state is successful, but it might not have came into fruition without the United States really.

Just to be fair. :mellow:

The refugees from the Holocaust were not the ones who founded the state. The founders were the indigenous Jews, like my grandfather and great-grandfather, who were part of the community known as the “Yishuv.”

If the United States hadn’t won World War II, Europe might not have survived, and we can’t really predict what might have happened.

By this logic the US gave every european state a state🤦

This post was edited by Many_Names on Oct 17 2024 04:06am
Oct 17 2024 04:09am
Quote (Many_Names @ 17 Oct 2024 18:05)
The refugees from the Holocaust were not the ones who founded the state. The founders were the indigenous Jews, like my grandfather and great-grandfather, who were part of the community known as the “Yishuv.”

If the United States hadn’t won World War II, Europe might not have survived, and we can’t really predict what might have happened.

Well you are right, the 20 to 30 Million Soviet commies did a great job throwing their bodies onto the Nazi's.
Stupid of Hitler to attack Stalin, he is not well versed in History to realized Napoleon screwed up too.

But then again, with Nazi Germany and Europe in such destruction, with a helpful Commie Soviet being able to throw bodies, the USA is bound to win. :)
But that's history, most important at that moment is they won. So there is no "if's" I guess.

Not really, those State belonged to those people and are inhabited by them continuously for quite a while.
So not exactly giving European a State, just coming together to fight off the Nazi Scums.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Oct 17 2024 04:11am
Oct 17 2024 04:19am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 17 Oct 2024 13:09)
Well you are right, the 20 to 30 Million Soviet commies did a great job throwing their bodies onto the Nazi's.
Stupid of Hitler to attack Stalin, he is not well versed in History to realized Napoleon screwed up too.

But then again, with Nazi Germany and Europe in such destruction, with a helpful Commie Soviet being able to throw bodies, the USA is bound to win. :)
But that's history, most important at that moment is they won. So there is no "if's" I guess.

Not really, those State belonged to those people and are inhabited by them continuously for quite a while.
So not exactly giving European a State, just coming together to fight off the Nazi Scums.

Hitler wasn’t acting irrationally; for him, it was a choice between invading the Soviet Union or facing collapse. He desperately needed fuel, food, and raw materials often overlooked factors

Examine the map of Europe before and after World War I and again after World War II, and see how the borders shifted—who ended up with what?

Additionally, my family lived in large communities within the Ottoman Empire (what is now known Israel) and fought alongside the British. My great-grandfather even had British uniforms.

During World War I, many Jewish volunteers from what is now Israel (then part of the Ottoman Empire, under the name Palestine) fought alongside the British as part of the Zion Mule Corps and later the Jewish Legion. These contributions, along with growing Zionist aspirations, played a role in the British government issuing the Balfour Declaration in 1917, which expressed support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine. This declaration was partly a recognition of the support provided by Jewish soldiers during the war, but it also reflected Britain’s strategic interests in the region and its desire to gain support from Jewish communities worldwide.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Oct 17 2024 04:20am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2024 04:25am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 17 2024 01:09pm)

We are in debt to the USA which is indeed and by far our greatest ally.
As it comes to this discussion, there is no doubt that only superpowers like the US can forge reality in these scales.
I’m sad that the discussions over the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is always going places like “we were here first” or the “UN gave you a state”. It’s completely irrelevant. “Only if the US stops support of Israel.. it will fall” maybe, maybe not. Irrelevant and diverging the conversation towards meaningless nonsense.
Oct 17 2024 04:26am
Quote (Many_Names @ 17 Oct 2024 18:19)
Hitler wasn’t acting irrationally; for him, it was a choice between invading the Soviet Union or facing collapse. He desperately needed fuel, food, and raw materials often overlooked factors

Examine the map of Europe before and after World War I and again after World War II, and see how the borders shifted—who ended up with what?

Additionally, my family lived in large communities within the Ottoman Empire (what is now known Israel) and fought alongside the British. My great-grandfather even had British uniforms.

During World War I, many Jewish volunteers from what is now Israel (then part of the Ottoman Empire, under the name Palestine) fought alongside the British as part of the Zion Mule Corps and later the Jewish Legion. These contributions, along with growing Zionist aspirations, played a role in the British government issuing the Balfour Declaration in 1917, which expressed support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine. This declaration was partly a recognition of the support provided by Jewish soldiers during the war, but it also reflected Britain’s strategic interests in the region and its desire to gain support from Jewish communities worldwide.

I know about the Balfour Declaration. But the British handled it badly just like India and Pakistan, which is why there is so much strife amongst the neighbors and inhabitants.

Damn Brits, always screw things up. Lord Balfour is a damn anti Semite though.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2024 04:30am
Quote (Many_Names @ Oct 17 2024 01:19pm)

During World War I, many Jewish volunteers from what is now Israel (then part of the Ottoman Empire, under the name Palestine) fought alongside the British as part of the Zion Mule Corps and later the Jewish Legion. These contributions, along with growing Zionist aspirations, played a role in the British government issuing the Balfour Declaration in 1917, which expressed support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine.This declaration was partly a recognition of the support provided by Jewish soldiers during the war, but it also reflected Britain’s strategic interests in the region and its desire to gain support from Jewish communities worldwide.

I like the bolded part that shows that “Palestaine” was referred as geographic location rather than a state or a nation which is what todays Palestinians are trying (very successfully) to make you think.

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Oct 17 2024 04:33am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1124012411242124312441253Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll