d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev11231241251261271036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2020 09:12pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 1 2020 01:18pm)
While I agree with all of that, it must be admitted that the same is true for Trump. He, too, is struggling to be coherent, to go longer than 30 minutes without some gaffe, and not quite as sharp as he was 10-15 years ago.

Eh. I don't know man, Trump does really well in his Rallys. I know those are planned and all, but he does a great job at being charismatic and is actually a pretty funny guy. It's almost like a stand-up routine.

His ramp story actually had me laughing.

Though I guess the debate is a different field.

Trump usually takes the bait unfortunately when it comes to getting shade thrown at him, and he tries to always take a jab back instead of rejecting the claim + letting it roll off his shoulders.

He can get a bit too emotionally invested with those comments, that's his fault.

We will see. I definitely think he has a leg up on Biden. And if in some weird circumstance Biden does destroy him, well, I don't care, the debates are going to be great one way or another. I'm stoked.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jul 1 2020 09:13pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 1 2020 09:16pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ 2 Jul 2020 05:12)
Eh. I don't know man, Trump does really well in his Rallys. I know those are planned and all, but he does a great job at being charismatic and is actually a pretty funny guy. It's almost like a stand-up routine.

Trump usually takes the bait unfortunately when it comes to getting shade thrown at him, and he tries to always take a jab back instead of rejecting the claim + letting it roll off his shoulders.

He can get a bit too emotionally invested with those comments, that's his fault.

We will see. I definitely think he has a leg up on Biden. And if in some weird circumstance Biden does destroy him, well, I don't care, the debates are going to be great one way or another. I'm stoked.

If by "great" you mean "a total shitshow", then yes. It will be like a 1999 episode of WCW Nitro.
Gold: 23.00
Jul 1 2020 09:43pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jul 1 2020 11:12pm)

Him jabbing back at Hillary is what won him the debates. He had the greatest one liner in the history of presidential debates.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2020 05:12am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jul 1 2020 10:43pm)
Him jabbing back at Hillary is what won him the debates. He had the greatest one liner in the history of presidential debates.

Plus, he's been under constant attack from journalists for 4+ years. Lol. Definitely could help. Seems like great practice to me.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 1 2020 10:16pm)
If by "great" you mean "a total shitshow", then yes. It will be like a 1999 episode of WCW Nitro.

Yeah, im excited. Definitely going to get a group together and some beers to watch them. :thumbsup:

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jul 2 2020 05:12am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 2 2020 05:27am
That is the only reason why Democrats care about lockdown anymore. They dont want Biden to go outside and tank his campaign. Theyre playing dirty pool as usual.

Democrats are going to completely shit the bed and try to cancel the debates.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jul 2 2020 05:27am
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 2 2020 07:47am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 2 Jul 2020 13:27)
That is the only reason why Democrats care about lockdown anymore. They dont want Biden to go outside and tank his campaign. Theyre playing dirty pool as usual.

No need to:

- Waste precious energy
- Take any kind of risk

Just let Donald playing alone in the dirty pool and cover walls of shit. He's very good.

You can't blame democrats, they are slowed by the nature of their structure, but their strategy is always the best.
Gold: 2,009.99
Jul 2 2020 08:09am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 2 2020 06:27am)

Joe has become so incoherent they’ve been hiding him in a some basement. Maybe he’s done one since, however I read the other day it’s been like 2-3 months since he’s done a press conference. Less is more for Biden, & his campaign knows it. I also remember seeing Trump’s team was pushing for more debates, while Biden’s team said FoH with that

This post was edited by IgoSoHard on Jul 2 2020 08:09am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 2 2020 11:23am
Trump is the Robert Baratheon of politics: great in battle, shitty on the throne. By denying him an adversary he could feud and spar with, by avoiding to put Trump in a position where he could make the electorate more polarized between him and Biden, they turn the election from a decision between two options into a pure referendum on Trump. And since he cant seem to get his shit together at the moment, this is the smartest thing the Dems can do.

But they got incredibly lucky. Under normal circumstances, Biden would be an awful candidate. But under the current, abnormal circumstances that the Democrats lucked into, he's the perfect candidate to sit on the sidelines while Trump self-destructs. The truth is that without corona, Trump would have wiped the floor with him.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 2 2020 11:27am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 2 2020 12:23pm)
Trump is the Robert Baratheon of politics: great in battle, shitty on the throne. By denying him an adversary he could feud and spar with, by avoiding to put Trump in a position where he could make the electorate more polarized between him and Biden, they turn the election from a decision between two options into a pure referendum on Trump. And since he cant seem to get his shit together at the moment, this is the smartest thing the Dems can do.

But they got incredibly lucky. Under normal circumstances, Biden would be an awful candidate. But under the current, abnormal circumstances that the Democrats lucked into, he's the perfect candidate to sit on the sidelines while Trump self-destructs. The truth is that without corona, Trump would have wiped the floor with him.

yup. why give the voters a choice of policy when instead you can put a slightly more polite bumbling senior on stage and just say "ok, of these two clearly flawed mentally declining idiots, who does your gut tell you would do a better job"?
Gold: 4,921.71
Jul 2 2020 11:31am
Problem with trump et al is that they are just setting the bar so low. Him and his herd have lowered expectations of biden so much that if he does somehow string together some coherent sentences like he did against bernie that is now a huge loss for the trump campaign

Better off just shutting up for now and letting events play out
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11231241251261271036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll