d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1121122123124125173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
May 9 2019 11:00am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 9 2019 08:08am)
requesting you clarify the bolded statement.

is this in reference to the "summary"? or the report being released?

It's a reference to Barr's press conference and Congressional testimony.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2019 08:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 8 2019 05:30pm)
I haven't been following super closely, but the outrage over Barr seems a wee bit unfounded and/or extreme.

He and Mueller had a disagreement on what to publish initially. I understand both of their perspectives... Barr wanted to get something out ASAP regarding top-line conclusions, and redacting the executive summaries would've taken longer. But Mueller was right that the executive summaries would've helped to combat the dishonest narratives being put out by spinsters. There's no good reason to think that Barr's handling of the report is why the political pressure on Trump isn't tremendous. Republicans don't care what he does, his voters don't care what he does, and there's an election in 18 months.

As far as perjury, it just wasn't. Barr didn't lie, but he also wasn't fully transparent and honest, which doesn't bother me all that much.

Now the judiciary wants to hold him in contempt for not providing the whole unredacted report. But the reality is that Barr provided more of the report than I expected... it's basically the whole thing minus Roger Stone/some GJ stuff/some personal privacy stuff. There's no bombshell narratives under those redactions. Barr didn't have to publish so much of the report... and it's a credit to him that he did.

That said, Barr's minimization of the actions detailed in the report is troubling. He's not a Trump hack, but he views his role as more political than I would like.

Quote (IceMage @ May 9 2019 12:00pm)
It's a reference to Barr's press conference and Congressional testimony.

in the first 6 minutes barr speaks about russian interference. he does give ample reminder that trump and his campaign was not involved. viewing only the first 6 minutes, i can see that view-point.
after 6 minutes, he speaks more about trump and the cases involved. he gives a good amount of insight as to how different aspects of the decisions were made. (decisions not made only by barr)
he gives insight as to how decisions were reached on trump and obstruction. (again, by a team of people)

he kept things directly to the "conclusions" and the "legal views leading to decisions", but he "could" have started talking about the steele dossier used during that press conference since it is directly involved.

i'm not sure what you would expect him to say.
"we found him not guilty of the underlying crimes. this is why... now let me show you how to spin this into a criminal offence."?

barr is more partisan during the congressional hearing. both of them.
if you watch those hearings though, you'll find he has reason for partisan testimony. the democratic judiciary made numerous false claims and wild assumptions about trump and his involvement, and then ask unrelated questions that only involve some of the keywords just said prior.
they are literally setting traps and bases for sound-bites.

i'll defend this point a bit later on if someone feels i should.
Gold: 10,485.00
May 10 2019 09:39am

Gold: 226.37
May 10 2019 12:01pm
The story is really coming apart.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/442944-fbis-steele-story-falls-apart-false-intel-and-media-contacts-were-flagged

This post was edited by bogie160 on May 10 2019 12:01pm
May 10 2019 12:16pm
Quote (bogie160 @ May 10 2019 01:01pm)

Her observations were recorded exactly 10 days before the FBI used Steele and his infamous dossier to justify securing a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and the campaign’s contacts with Russia in search of a now debunked collusion theory.

It is important to note that the FBI swore on Oct. 21, 2016, to the FISA judges that Steele’s “reporting has been corroborated and used in criminal proceedings” and the FBI has determined him to be “reliable” and was “unaware of any derogatory information pertaining” to their informant, who simultaneously worked for Fusion GPS, the firm paid by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Clinton campaign to find Russian dirt on Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/297599-trump-campaign-backs-away-from-adviser-suspected-of-ties-to-kremlin
BY HARPER NEIDIG - 09/24/16 01:46 PM EDT

Why does Solomon have to lie to his readers?

Well... because it's an inconvenient fact that Carter Page wasn't even on the fucking campaign when the FBI obtained the FISA warrant.

Jesus, you people have such dumb conspiracy theories.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 10 2019 12:19pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 10 May 2019 20:01)

who would have guessed? :rofl:

so almost all the talking points of Trump and the right have been confirmed in hindsight:
no collusion, the investigation was built on lies, it was tainted by politics, and all of this was carried out by an FBI which under Comey's leadership and Obama's DoJ grossly violated its neutrality statutes and got heavily compromised by partisanship.

the only talking point of the democrats/the left which was confirmed is that trump obstructed justice, or at least came close. obstruction against an investigation built on lies, a ridiculous premise and instigated by an intelligence community in open revolt against the democratically elected president, and triggered by the firing of the director of an FBI which was running amok.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 10 2019 12:20pm
May 10 2019 12:25pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 10 2019 01:16pm)
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/297599-trump-campaign-backs-away-from-adviser-suspected-of-ties-to-kremlin
BY HARPER NEIDIG - 09/24/16 01:46 PM EDT

Why does Solomon have to lie to his readers?

Well... because it's an inconvenient fact that Carter Page wasn't even on the fucking campaign when the FBI obtained the FISA warrant.

Jesus, you people have such dumb conspiracy theories.

Talk about nitpicking.
May 10 2019 12:25pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 10 2019 01:19pm)
who would have guessed? :rofl:

so almost all the talking points of Trump and the right have been confirmed in hindsight:
no collusion, the investigation was built on lies, it was tainted by politics, and all of this was carried out by an FBI which under Comey's leadership and Obama's DoJ grossly violated its neutrality statutes and got heavily compromised by partisanship.

the only talking point of the democrats/the left which was confirmed is that trump obstructed justice, or at least came close. obstruction against an investigation built on lies, a ridiculous premise and instigated by an intelligence community in open revolt against the democratically elected president, and triggered by the firing of the director of an FBI which was running amok.

You should read my last post.

Quote (bogie160 @ May 10 2019 01:25pm)
Talk about nitpicking.

The implication is that the FBI were political actors trying to spy on the Trump campaign. So it's kind of important to note the fact that the guy wasn't even on the campaign at that point.

These spygate theories are dumb as fuck. Just a tiny bit of scrutiny and they fall apart.

This post was edited by IceMage on May 10 2019 12:28pm
May 10 2019 12:37pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 10 2019 01:25pm)
You should read my last post.

The implication is that the FBI were political actors trying to spy on the Trump campaign. So it's kind of important to note the fact that the guy wasn't even on the campaign at that point.

The main takeaway is that the FBI made knowingly false statements in the course of obtaining a FISA warrant.

Did they have a personal animus against Trump? Absolutely, but we have more than enough evidence on that already.
May 10 2019 01:09pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121122123124125173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll