d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1121512161217121812191254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,381.95
Oct 10 2024 12:52pm
Quote (El1te @ Oct 10 2024 11:39am)
I'd say that Israel vs. their neighbours is a wholly irreconcilable problem for the reasons that you stated. Israel has of course committed heaps of violence upon the Palestinians/other residents, and I agree that proportionally Israel has done more violence to them than they have done to Israel, which is largely a result of the balance of power being completely asymmetrical, with Israel being leaps and bounds ahead of their opponents assisted by the world's biggest superpower.

Because the problem is wholly irreconcilable, this means that the only solution is violence. This is just nature at this point, 1 side getting the other side to submit to their rule through violence is the only outcome

Im glad youre sensible enough to see my point. I disagree with your last sentence however, violence begets more violence and the oppressed usually persevere. Israelis dont seem to understand this despite their ancestors being victims of terrible oppression themselves and persevering despite it

This post was edited by gnarjay on Oct 10 2024 12:54pm
Gold: 19,381.95
Oct 10 2024 12:53pm
Quote (El1te @ Oct 10 2024 11:47am)
This example is a very strong argument for my view of just Imperialism

All of the bad stuff that has befallen them is a direct result of the fall & breakup of the Ottoman Empire. They lived for a long long time in relative peace under Ottoman Imperial rule.

Imperialism is inherently unjust sir
Gold: 48,811.00
Oct 10 2024 12:53pm
Quote (Many_Names @ 11 Oct 2024 02:50)
I am an Israeli descended from families who lived here during the Ottoman and British Mandate periods. Unlike many others, my family is entirely indigenous, and we’ve passed down stories of horrific violence committed against us. This makes it clear to me that Jews were being massacred long before the establishment of the State of Israel or even the rise of Zionism. The notion of peaceful coexistence between Jews and Arabs in earlier times is a complete fabrication. Arabs sought to kill Jews before Zionism and the foundation of Israel—so what was it that bothered them back then?

Here is something interesting. Should the Chinese or Koreans or South East Asians take out the Japanese.
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 10 2024 12:54pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Oct 10 2024 11:50am)
I am an Israeli descended from families who lived here during the Ottoman and British Mandate periods. Unlike many others, my family is entirely indigenous, and we’ve passed down stories of horrific violence committed against us. This makes it clear to me that Jews were being massacred long before the establishment of the State of Israel or even the rise of Zionism. The notion of peaceful coexistence between Jews and Arabs in earlier times is a complete fabrication. Arabs sought to kill Jews before Zionism and the foundation of Israel—so what was it that bothered them back then?

Oh I absolutely do not deny that they've committed horrible violence against you & your people for a long time. When discussing violence I don't believe it's reasonable to "quantify" how much each side has done, make a tally and then choose who is more moral based on the numbers, that is madness. They'll always hate you guys and want to kill you from now until forever unless they are declawed & subjugated
Oct 10 2024 12:55pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 11:53am)
Imperialism is inherently unjust sir

I disagree
Gold: 48,811.00
Oct 10 2024 12:58pm
Quote (El1te @ 11 Oct 2024 02:55)
I disagree

I have to agree to disagree. I do actually find it unjust. But I also understand that it is just how things work every now and then and it cannot be solved in any meaningful way.
The old kind of imperialism that we read in history merely evolved into another kind of imperialism in our modern age.

Imperialism with extra steps.
Oct 10 2024 12:59pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 11:52am)
Im glad youre sensible enough to see my point. I disagree with your last sentence however, violence begets more violence and the oppressed usually persevere. Israelis dont seem to understand this despite their ancestors being victims of terrible oppression themselves and persevering despite it

My issue with this is that it depends on the boundary conditions. The bolded statement tends to hold true if and only if the level of violence is milquetoast - that is, the magnitude of violence is such that one side's capability of waging violence is left intact. Machiavelli discussed this at length - he reasoned that an enemy must be defeated in whole such that they no longer have the ability to oppose you, otherwise they will come back and seek vengeance. This principle is also discussed & elaborated in cinema with The Godfather II, where Vito came back later and killed the man who killed his family. That dude wanted to kill Vito as a child because he reasoned that he would come back for vengeance (he did) but he escaped.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2024 12:59pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 08:12pm)
youre missing the entire point !

hitler supported zionism because it meant that jews could have their own country and thus leave germany which was his plan
zionism isnt bad just because hitler supported it, its bad because it has displaced palestinians and arabs from land theyve lived on for hundreds of years with a goal to create a homogenous Jewish state

Jews came to Israel in the mass because they were refugees. You just prove that point. There was no where else to go.
that so called “locals” wanted to push them out from the only piece of land available for them - they lost. And they keep on losing.
Time for them to understand that we are going no where and they should very much try to establish their own country.
You resent Israel for what exactly ? For how it treats the “locals” ? They will keep living in refugee camps until they denounce their 100 years fight against Zionism and recognise their loss in 1948.
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 10 2024 01:02pm
Its all irrelevant. Jews are there now, and they are not moving. Like it or lump it.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2024 01:04pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 09:52pm)

Did you consider that the “oppressed” are choosing the stay “oppressed”?
Is that something possible ?
They are “all or nothing” while in my values they should accept losing in 1948 and moving the f*ck on. The Jews aren’t crying about houses in Russia, Ukraine , Poland and Germany nowadays you know..
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121512161217121812191254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll