d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1121412151216121712181254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 48,886.00
Oct 10 2024 12:35pm
Quote (gnarjay @ 11 Oct 2024 02:33)
youre exactly right. its MUCH more complicated now since Israel has waged war against innocent people and radicalized even more against them. not only would Israelis not trust their neighbors, their neighbors would be even less likely to trust the Israelis. can you blame them?

I will say this, if you look at the region from a historical lense, Israel has carried out far more violence and destruction against Palestinians than Palestinians have against Israelis. theres ALWAYS been disproportionate violence coming from Israel
Im not educated enough to know what the solution is now but it must involve a total withdrawal from the land they're unjustly occupying

Impossible, everyone started out at the wrong foot, the Brits did a really bad job.
Gold: 19,381.95
Oct 10 2024 12:38pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 10 2024 11:35am)
Impossible, everyone started out at the wrong foot, the Brits did a really bad job.

the Palestinians have been getting a raw deal for nearly a hundred years
Gold: 580.00
Oct 10 2024 12:38pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 10 Oct 2024 21:30)
Well, say that to the catholic priests when the scandal broke out and Epstien island.

You can also say that about the Taliban but I think alot of people didn't realized that when the Taliban took over, they got rid of the poppy / opium production.
They also killed or murdered the Tribal leaders in Afghanistan which the USA and the West supported because the Tribal leaders practice Bacha Bazi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

After US invasion of Afghanistan , fiddling with young boys are now back ! :lol:

https://www.humanium.org/en/bacha-bazi-severe-child-abuse-disguised-as-an-afghani-custom/

I some what agree with what El1te said:
Even though his view may raise complex questions about defining universal moral standards and the legitimacy of imposing them on others I believe in more balanced way.
There are things we can simply agree that are pure evil

the Taliban, while banning bacha bazi, severely restrict women’s rights, treat them like property, suppress free speech, target and kill ethnic and religious minorities, use violence and intimidation to maintain control, oppress education, and are deeply corrupt.
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 10 2024 12:39pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 11:33am)
youre exactly right. its MUCH more complicated now since Israel has waged war against innocent people and radicalized even more against them. not only would Israelis not trust their neighbors, their neighbors would be even less likely to trust the Israelis. can you blame them?

I will say this, if you look at the region from a historical lense, Israel has carried out far more violence and destruction against Palestinians than Palestinians have against Israelis. theres ALWAYS been disproportionate violence coming from Israel
Im not educated enough to know what the solution is now but it must involve a total withdrawal from the land they're unjustly occupying

I'd say that Israel vs. their neighbours is a wholly irreconcilable problem for the reasons that you stated. Israel has of course committed heaps of violence upon the Palestinians/other residents, and I agree that proportionally Israel has done more violence to them than they have done to Israel, which is largely a result of the balance of power being completely asymmetrical, with Israel being leaps and bounds ahead of their opponents assisted by the world's biggest superpower.

Because the problem is wholly irreconcilable, this means that the only solution is violence. This is just nature at this point, 1 side getting the other side to submit to their rule through violence is the only outcome
Oct 10 2024 12:42pm
Quote (Many_Names @ 11 Oct 2024 02:38)
I some what agree with what El1te said:
Even though his view may raise complex questions about defining universal moral standards and the legitimacy of imposing them on others I believe in more balanced way.
There are things we can simply agree that are pure evil

the Taliban, while banning bacha bazi, severely restrict women’s rights, treat them like property, suppress free speech, target and kill ethnic and religious minorities, use violence and intimidation to maintain control, oppress education, and are deeply corrupt.

Well, fundamentalist Muslims. Wahhabism. Guess where are these ideology coming out from and their roots?
Oct 10 2024 12:45pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 10 Oct 2024 21:42)
Well, fundamentalist Muslims. Wahhabism. Guess where are these ideology coming out from and their roots?

No idea, I know that historical context I dont know the roots.
Oct 10 2024 12:46pm
Quote (Many_Names @ 11 Oct 2024 02:45)
No idea, I know that historical context I dont know the roots.

come on you are in the Mid East.

Wahhabism[a] (Arabic: ٱلْوَهَّابِيَّة, romanized: al-Wahhābiyya) is a reformist religious movement within Sunni Islam, based on the teachings of 18th-century Hanbali cleric Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Wahhab (c. 1703–1792).[4] The movement was initially established in the central Arabian region of Najd and later spread to other parts of the Arabian Peninsula,[c] and is today followed primarily in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
Oct 10 2024 12:47pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 11:38am)
the Palestinians have been getting a raw deal for nearly a hundred years

This example is a very strong argument for my view of just Imperialism

All of the bad stuff that has befallen them is a direct result of the fall & breakup of the Ottoman Empire. They lived for a long long time in relative peace under Ottoman Imperial rule.
Oct 10 2024 12:50pm
Quote (El1te @ 10 Oct 2024 21:39)
I'd say that Israel vs. their neighbours is a wholly irreconcilable problem for the reasons that you stated. Israel has of course committed heaps of violence upon the Palestinians/other residents, and I agree that proportionally Israel has done more violence to them than they have done to Israel, which is largely a result of the balance of power being completely asymmetrical, with Israel being leaps and bounds ahead of their opponents assisted by the world's biggest superpower.

Because the problem is wholly irreconcilable, this means that the only solution is violence. This is just nature at this point, 1 side getting the other side to submit to their rule through violence is the only outcome

I am an Israeli descended from families who lived here during the Ottoman and British Mandate periods. Unlike many others, my family is entirely indigenous, and we’ve passed down stories of horrific violence committed against us. This makes it clear to me that Jews were being massacred long before the establishment of the State of Israel or even the rise of Zionism. The notion of peaceful coexistence between Jews and Arabs in earlier times is a complete fabrication. Arabs sought to kill Jews before Zionism and the foundation of Israel—so what was it that bothered them back then?
Oct 10 2024 12:51pm
Quote (El1te @ Oct 10 2024 11:47am)
This example is a very strong argument for my view of just Imperialism

All of the bad stuff that has befallen them is a direct result of the fall & breakup of the Ottoman Empire. They lived for a long long time in relative peace under Ottoman Imperial rule.

to add: you might say that the Arab Revolt against the Ottomans in 1916 was the worst self goal in the history of self goals. Suckers played themselves.. and got betrayed by the British.

This post was edited by El1te on Oct 10 2024 12:51pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121412151216121712181254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll