d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1121212131214121512161254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,381.95
Oct 10 2024 12:09pm
Quote (El1te @ Oct 10 2024 10:51am)

Is your position not that Israel is an illegitimate state that was given to them by Britain/USA? In the same line of reasoning, by your current post - if Israel exited Gaza, the West Bank, and other northern areas, would their state then be legitimate and you'd have no problems with them being there? Or would you want them to keep conceding more and more territory?

precisely. if Israel would return the land theyve unjustly occupied and annexed over the last 60-70 years, treat their neighbors with respect, and stop their barbaric quest for more land, I would not have a problem with or see Israel as an illegitimate state.

I dont think this will ever happen unfortunately. in fact, quite a number of high ranking Israeli officials want to expand even more!

Gold: 580.00
Oct 10 2024 12:10pm
Quote (El1te @ 10 Oct 2024 21:00)
I already know the Chat GPT answers, they mean nothing, it's just AI spitting out the regime approved language & framing

"culture and identity merged with other groups" is a cute way of saying they were genocided & assimilated

And yeah I know your people didn't kill *all* of them, as I said the survivors fled either East by land or West by sail

"cultural and genetic mixing" another cute way of whitewashing genocide

When discussing the Bible, it’s important to address it within its context. In Genesis 15, God promises Abraham that his descendants will inherit the Promised Land, but not immediately. Verse 16 explains that one reason for the delay is that “the sin of the Amorites is not yet complete.” This shows that, while God condemns evil, He also provides time for repentance. God waited another 400 years before leading the Hebrews into the land and bringing judgment upon the Canaanites. We don’t know how long God had already been waiting, but 400 additional years is certainly ample time for a change in behavior. The Canaanites continued in their wicked ways for many generations before God finally decided it was time to act. This balance of mercy and justice reflects the character of a loving God.

Does this mean every Canaanite was wicked? Possibly not. There may have been a few who weren’t, and not all were killed. Even if the Hebrews were thorough in their conquest, some Canaanites likely escaped. 2 Peter 2:9 reminds us that God knows how to bring justice to the wicked while sparing the righteous, as He did with Lot and Noah.

It’s also important to understand that Hebrew writing often uses hyperbole. While not all statements are exaggerated, a lot of statements are, so we should avoid being overly literal.
Gold: 48,886.00
Oct 10 2024 12:12pm
Quote (El1te @ 11 Oct 2024 02:05)
It's funny how the ChatGPT response says, quoting directly from his post, "The rise of monotheistic religions, particularly Judaism, which emerged from the Israelite context, led to a decline in the traditional polytheistic Canaanite religion. As more people converted to Judaism or later Christianity and Islam, Canaanite religious practices and identity faded."

This is hilarious, the ancient Canaanite religion was pure evil worship of demons that involved child sacrifice & worse, it was destroyed root and stem through extreme violence, genocide, destruction of all symbols and artifacts, and the destruction of all scripture.

Chat GPT is literally just an NPC by definition, it's a robot, it's not a real brain and it can't understand or form viewpoints

ChatGPT is basically a propaganda project. In future, instead of going to Wiki which is already being hijacked and edited countless of times. They just use Chat GPT.

You know during the start of the Russo Ukrainian war? I wiki Victoria Nuland's bio on Wiki. Jewish descent. Last year, I checked again, the Jewish descent part is taken out and this year it is back again. :rofl:
Oct 10 2024 12:13pm
Quote (gnarjay @ 10 Oct 2024 21:09)
precisely. if Israel would return the land theyve unjustly occupied and annexed over the last 60-70 years, treat their neighbors with respect, and stop their barbaric quest for more land, I would not have a problem with or see Israel as an illegitimate state.

I dont think this will ever happen unfortunately. in fact, quite a number of high ranking Israeli officials want to expand even more!

https://i.imgur.com/52Q0JbV.jpeg

It will only happen once our enemies put down their weapons. I know this because I live here; we have no desire for additional land. If we do take more territory, it’s only to enforce consequences or apply pressure to meet our security requirements.

Out army wont march to gain additional land unless its in a defensive war
Oct 10 2024 12:17pm
Quote (Many_Names @ 11 Oct 2024 02:10)
When discussing the Bible, it’s important to address it within its context. In Genesis 15, God promises Abraham that his descendants will inherit the Promised Land, but not immediately. Verse 16 explains that one reason for the delay is that “the sin of the Amorites is not yet complete.” This shows that, while God condemns evil, He also provides time for repentance. God waited another 400 years before leading the Hebrews into the land and bringing judgment upon the Canaanites. We don’t know how long God had already been waiting, but 400 additional years is certainly ample time for a change in behavior. The Canaanites continued in their wicked ways for many generations before God finally decided it was time to act. This balance of mercy and justice reflects the character of a loving God.

Does this mean every Canaanite was wicked? Possibly not. There may have been a few who weren’t, and not all were killed. Even if the Hebrews were thorough in their conquest, some Canaanites likely escaped. 2 Peter 2:9 reminds us that God knows how to bring justice to the wicked while sparing the righteous, as He did with Lot and Noah.

It’s also important to understand that Hebrew writing often uses hyperbole. While not all statements are exaggerated, a lot of statements are, so we should avoid being overly literal.

If you are going to base on the fact that a book gives you a land because of a divine right. You might want to think twice.

Although there are cultural leanings and 100s or even thousand of years of divine "prophecies" that is being past down generations by generation, it should never be put in that kind of perspective.

Because the Muslims does that too.
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 10 2024 12:18pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Oct 10 2024 11:10am)

I do agree with this, they were wholly wicked & God justly commanded their destruction as they were unrepentant, this means that genocide is valid & moral when the enemy is wholly wicked.

Every Canaanite though, no, now we are getting into the whole collective punishment argument again. Though some places the people were wicked in whole, namely Sodom & Gomorrah which is explicitly stated
Oct 10 2024 12:20pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ 10 Oct 2024 21:17)
If you are going to base on the fact that a book gives you a land because of a divine right. You might want to think twice.

Although there are cultural leanings and 100s or even thousand of years of divine "prophecies" that is being past down generations by generation, it should never be put in that kind of perspective.

Because the Muslims does that too.

I am not using the book he brought the Canaanite’s so I simply stated that if you discuss biblical event you should discuss it within its context and not in the year 2024.
Oct 10 2024 12:21pm
Quote (El1te @ 11 Oct 2024 02:18)
I do agree with this, they were wholly wicked & God justly commanded their destruction as they were unrepentant, this means that genocide is valid & moral when the enemy is wholly wicked.

Every Canaanite though, no, now we are getting into the whole collective punishment argument again. Though some places the people were wicked in whole, namely Sodom & Gomorrah which is explicitly stated

But lets be fair wickedness , morals etc etc are different in people's eyes depending on your culture. It's like eating cows in India is considered wicked and eating pork in Muslim world is considered sinful. This is just a very basic example.

Quote (Many_Names @ 11 Oct 2024 02:20)
I am not using the book he brought the Canaanite’s so I simply stated that if you discuss biblical event you should discuss it within its context and not in the year 2024.

Fair enough.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Oct 10 2024 12:21pm
Gold: 0.85
Quote (gnarjay @ Oct 10 2024 02:09pm)

https://i.imgur.com/52Q0JbV.jpeg

So he want to own muslims and their lands.
Quote (El1te @ 10 Oct 2024 21:18)

But thats like 3300 years ago, men with different values different ideas different morals.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121212131214121512161254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll