d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mar A Lago Raided By Fbi
Prev1120121122123124233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Aug 16 2022 02:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 16 2022 01:02pm)
unlawful possession of classified materials is a crime. your assertion that he should have been allowed to return them is fine, that's your opinion, and perhaps even what the DOJ could do, but it's not a legal obligation for them. your assertion is akin to the IRS kindly asking you to pay your taxes, when the reality is the law states it is unlawful not to pay them and the IRS isn't obligated to beg you to pay them. instead they just send you a letter letting you know you're about to be arrested if you don't.

I never said they had to "beg" him to return those papers.

Anyway, funny you should mention the IRS and their threatening letter. I will simply ask, did the pertinent authority send a similar letter to Trump and more importantly, did he actually refuse to comply? Its like I said earlier, maybe he is co-operating and is in the process of returning the documents, and he is simply taking a good while. The only ways you could accuse him of wrongdoing are if he received such a letter and the letter said unequivocally he had to return the papers by a certain date or such and such would happen, and he either wrote back saying "I won't return them" or the deadline had passed but he still hadn't returned the papers. But neither is the case, as far as I know.

the serving of a search warrant is always to find evidence of an alleged crime,

You are proving my point. You said, "alleged" crime, which is just another way of saying that, at the time of the raid, there was no crime yet. There was only suspicion that there might be a crime. But the law enforcement couldnt say for sure, and they also had no real evidence either.

I am not saying Trump definitely committed no crime. I am just trying to tell you that the raid, by itself, is no hard proof that a crime has been committed. It's merely something that is used to gather evidence for a possible crime. The presence of a raid does not automatically condemn those who have been raided.

Gold: 0.69
Aug 16 2022 02:26pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 16 2022 01:17pm)
He did nothing. His major crime is that he's still popular, after all the crap the left has thrown his way.
They are afraid of Trump.

lol alot of what makes trump still popular is because of the crap they throw at him. its the leftes thats going to carry trump over the finish line
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 16 2022 02:27pm
Smart by Biden. I could totally see Trump making critical intel public out of spite or just sheer incompetence.

Still, if there is no confirmation from the DoJ or the FBI that they found nuclear secrets at Mar-a-Lago, I have a hard time accepting these claims that he had them as a fact.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 16 2022 02:29pm
Gold: 8,000.00
The evidence is currently in the prosecutor’s hands, it could still end up being a crime

There’s no way it would be announced this quick, it could take months
Gold: 2,504.69
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 16 2022 03:22pm)
I never said they had to "beg" him to return those papers.

Anyway, funny you should mention the IRS and their threatening letter. I will simply ask, did the pertinent authority send a similar letter to Trump and more importantly, did he actually refuse to comply? Its like I said earlier, maybe he is co-operating and is in the process of returning the documents, and he is simply taking a good while. The only ways you could accuse him of wrongdoing are if he received such a letter and the letter said unequivocally he had to return the papers by a certain date or such and such would happen, and he either wrote back saying "I won't return them" or the deadline had passed but he still hadn't returned the papers. But neither is the case, as far as I know.

You are proving my point. You said, "alleged" crime, which is just another way of saying that, at the time of the raid, there was no crime yet. There was only suspicion that there might be a crime. But the law enforcement couldnt say for sure, and they also had no real evidence either.

I am not saying Trump definitely committed no crime. I am just trying to tell you that the raid, by itself, is no hard proof that a crime has been committed. It's merely something that is used to gather evidence for a possible crime. The presence of a raid does not automatically condemn those who have been raided.

again, saying they need to ask is incorrect, legally. and that's your opinion on what the DOJ should do, not what they're legally required to do, nor even what their procedure is and has been since before trump was even potus.

as to what a search warrant is, if anyone is arguing he's guilty of a crime already they're dumb, i'm not and know what a search warrant is.

but to be crystal clear, possession alone of classified material you're not authorized to have is a crime. there is no legal requirement for you to be told to give it back. its legally no differernt than having a bag of crystal meth. its your responsibility to know you shouldnt have it.
Gold: 10,485.00
Aug 16 2022 02:30pm

Here's where all the lefty BS started. Around June 2016. Ofc I save the link. :-)

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72969075&f=119&o=3925
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 16 2022 02:36pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 16 2022 01:27pm)
Smart by Biden. I could totally see Trump making critical intel public out of spite or just sheer incompetence.

Still, if there is no confirmation from the DoJ or the FBI that they found nuclear secrets at Mar-a-Lago, I have a hard time accepting these claims that he had them as a fact.

We shouldn't accept that "nuclear secrets" were there just because WaPo said it (though they are one of the more reputable outlets when it comes to politics). What we SHOULD accept is that SCI material (in addition to TS) was there since it's on the receipts that are now public: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/08/12/us/politics/trump-search-warrant-document.html

We also know the possible crimes since that's on the warrant. Lastly, based on the people involved, we can surmise the general area that some of these documents fall under. Regardless, the facts point to this being extremely serious.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 16 2022 02:40pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 16 2022 01:30pm)
Here's where all the lefty BS started. Around June 2016. Ofc I save the link. :-)

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72969075&f=119&o=3925

wow 1238 votes
Gold: 23.00
Aug 16 2022 02:43pm
Quote (Ghot @ Aug 16 2022 04:17pm)
He did nothing. His major crime is that he's still popular, after all the crap the left has thrown his way.
They are afraid of Trump.

The funniest part is the left is so deranged with their hate for him that they are sabotaging themselves in the process and don't even care.
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 16 2022 02:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 16 2022 01:27pm)
again, saying they need to ask is incorrect, legally. and that's your opinion on what the DOJ should do, not what they're legally required to do, nor even what their procedure is and has been since before trump was even potus.

I never said they had to ask. Rather my point is that you cannot prove that Trump isn't in the process of returning those papers. If he can prove that he really has the intention of returning the papers but is just taking a while, then it's a crime that's a lot less serious.

as to what a search warrant is, if anyone is arguing he's guilty of a crime already they're dumb, i'm not and know what a search warrant is.

Fender is. He said, "why doesn't the law apply to Trump" which is the assumption that Trump is guilty already. I had a problem with this statement of his, that's all.

but to be crystal clear, possession alone of classified material you're not authorized to have is a crime. there is no legal requirement for you to be told to give it back. its legally no differernt than having a bag of crystal meth. its your responsibility to know you shouldnt have it.

You are right that possession of classified material one has no authority for is a crime, and I guess in a strict, technical sense, Trump is indeed in such a possession. However, this is not analogous to a criminal having some crystal meth on him. Trump used to be president, and he had access to that kind of documents. It is conceivable he took some of these home with him when he was still potus and the papers stayed there and either he forgot to return them, or like I said earlier, he is in the process of returning them. And most importantly, at the time when he took those papers home, there was probably no criminal intention. A criminal getting hold of crystal meth knows what he's doing is illegal. A sitting president taking sensitive papers home with him does not think what he's doing is illegal.

Although I admit I am not too sure about the legality of a POTUS taking sensitive documents home with him.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 16 2022 02:52pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1120121122123124233Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll