d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1120121122123124173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
May 7 2019 02:34pm
Quote (GodSmiter @ May 7 2019 04:31pm)
did you see how barr answered the question by kamala harris?

No. But from what I have seen of Barr, no one is gonna push him around.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2019 04:53pm
Gold: 285.00
May 7 2019 05:33pm
Quote (Ghot @ May 7 2019 03:34pm)
No. But from what I have seen of Barr, no one is gonna push him around.

He could have prepared for those hearings.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 7 2019 05:33pm
May 8 2019 08:20am

May 8 2019 01:07pm

Justice Department may advise Trump to claim privilege over Mueller report

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-contempt/justice-department-may-advise-trump-to-claim-privilege-over-mueller-report-idUSKCN1SE07O

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department threatened on Tuesday to completely withhold Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s unredacted report from Congress if House Democrats decide to move ahead with plans to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt.

The department said in a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler any move by Democrats to hold Barr in contempt would compel Barr to “request that the President invoke executive privilege” over the unredacted materials in Mueller’s report that the Democrats previously subpoenaed.

Trump has asserted executive privilege over entire Mueller report: Justice Dept official

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-congress-privilege/trump-has-asserted-executive-privilege-over-entire-mueller-report-justice-dept-official-idUSKCN1SE1WL

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Wednesday asserted executive privilege over Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report and its underlying investigative materials, escalating a battle with the Democrats on the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.

The move, announced by the Justice Department in a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, came just minutes before the panel was poised to vote to hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt for defying a congressional subpoena to hand over the full unredacted report.

Hmmm... Trump is starting to look and act like a president.

Gold: 5,016.77
May 8 2019 04:30pm
I haven't been following super closely, but the outrage over Barr seems a wee bit unfounded and/or extreme.

He and Mueller had a disagreement on what to publish initially. I understand both of their perspectives... Barr wanted to get something out ASAP regarding top-line conclusions, and redacting the executive summaries would've taken longer. But Mueller was right that the executive summaries would've helped to combat the dishonest narratives being put out by spinsters. There's no good reason to think that Barr's handling of the report is why the political pressure on Trump isn't tremendous. Republicans don't care what he does, his voters don't care what he does, and there's an election in 18 months.

As far as perjury, it just wasn't. Barr didn't lie, but he also wasn't fully transparent and honest, which doesn't bother me all that much.

Now the judiciary wants to hold him in contempt for not providing the whole unredacted report. But the reality is that Barr provided more of the report than I expected... it's basically the whole thing minus Roger Stone/some GJ stuff/some personal privacy stuff. There's no bombshell narratives under those redactions. Barr didn't have to publish so much of the report... and it's a credit to him that he did.

That said, Barr's minimization of the actions detailed in the report is troubling. He's not a Trump hack, but he views his role as more political than I would like.
Gold: 5,016.77
May 8 2019 05:00pm
Well, I guess not every Republican is afraid to upset Trump...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/politics/trump-jr-subpoena-senate-intelligence/index.html

Senate Intel Committee subpoenaed Trump Jr. for further testimony.

Richard Burr has now issued more subpoenas to the Trump family than Robert Mueller did. :D
Gold: 285.00
May 8 2019 07:00pm
Did Barr actually think he would be able to take the job of Attorney General, serve as the President's personal attorney, and not be held accountable?

Lawl.

Scooter Libby 2.0

This post was edited by Skinned on May 8 2019 07:01pm
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2019 07:08am
Quote (IceMage @ May 8 2019 05:30pm)
I haven't been following super closely, but the outrage over Barr seems a wee bit unfounded and/or extreme.

He and Mueller had a disagreement on what to publish initially. I understand both of their perspectives... Barr wanted to get something out ASAP regarding top-line conclusions, and redacting the executive summaries would've taken longer. But Mueller was right that the executive summaries would've helped to combat the dishonest narratives being put out by spinsters. There's no good reason to think that Barr's handling of the report is why the political pressure on Trump isn't tremendous. Republicans don't care what he does, his voters don't care what he does, and there's an election in 18 months.

As far as perjury, it just wasn't. Barr didn't lie, but he also wasn't fully transparent and honest, which doesn't bother me all that much.

Now the judiciary wants to hold him in contempt for not providing the whole unredacted report. But the reality is that Barr provided more of the report than I expected... it's basically the whole thing minus Roger Stone/some GJ stuff/some personal privacy stuff. There's no bombshell narratives under those redactions. Barr didn't have to publish so much of the report... and it's a credit to him that he did.

That said, Barr's minimization of the actions detailed in the report is troubling. He's not a Trump hack, but he views his role as more political than I would like.

requesting you clarify the bolded statement.

is this in reference to the "summary"? or the report being released?
Gold: 22,164.69
May 9 2019 07:30am
Quote (Skinned @ May 8 2019 07:00pm)
Did Barr actually think he would be able to take the job of Attorney General, serve as the President's personal attorney, and not be held accountable?

Lawl.

Scooter Libby 2.0

Do you think Barr has actually done anything materially wrong so far?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1120121122123124173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll