d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev1111213141526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 19 2022 11:03am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 19 2022 05:02pm)
I will refrain from the first few points because I am not knowledgeable enough to make those comments. I can speak more about the Xinjiang situation but I will need to frame it in a rather fair manner later.

For the Taiwan and Hong Kong part. I have indicated in another comment on your thread that it all happened when Xi took over. Internal fractions and politics and working with the US to destabilize or stop Xi's rule due to personal and political interests.
The are very legit reasons for some of the Chinese fractions within to stop Xi from grabbing absolute power.
It is a known fact since I was at ground zero in Hong Kong in 2010 and I took part in the legal protests in 2019 until it went sour.

i edited my post. also your post is quite vague but it touches on root causes. this is a fact finding stage so by all means, elaborate.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 19 2022 11:06am
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 19 2022 11:12am

4. China wanting to incorporate Taiwan the way it did Hong Kong is certainly an attack on US interests in the world. While this may be a manifestation of the root cause in action (i.e. China hostility to neighbors) it again occured after a change in US policy ( i think ? ).

In the round we are trying to see was there a specific trigger event that led to the ever worsening relationship between the two countries. If we find and agree on that point we can then complete the jigsaw up to today.

There are a number of triggers that led to the worsening relationship between China and USA.
In regards to the Hong Kong part.

The below is perhaps one of the more significant trigger. Because this will affect USA interests and her agents in Hong Kong. NED, Western leaning NGOs etc etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Basic_Law_Article_23

Just to add why the West is being threatened by this Law. You have to look at the below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_national_security_law

There is a part whereby , Covers anyone in Hong Kong regardless of nationality or residency status, and also applies to offences committed from outside Hong Kong by a person who is not a permanent resident..

This is the controversial part.

Long story short, after the NSA was enacted , almost all Western NGOs like NED for example left Hong Kong in a jifty.

If you look at it that way, it is similar to the way USA captured the Huawei Princess Meng Wanzhou and kept her detained for I think 2 years ? Until Biden set her free.
The Chinese can and could do similar things, imagine Hunter Biden in Vietnam and the Chinese capture him and extradite him to Hong Kong for example, that sort of stuff.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Dec 19 2022 11:22am
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 19 2022 11:26am

1. The Theft of intellectual property is a cultural shock, and a complete steal, it completely ruins the effort done on R&D: It's a MAJOR offense at international levels.

2. The Risk of personal data breaches is terrible threat: basically analyzing foreign citizen to define the best technics in destroying their democracies through social medias, along with agressive sales technics or worse: blackmail.

3. The immoral things are not internal, the human rights violations are not "internal" to a country. It has a global impact. At this point UK can exterminate whole irlande and i will just say "this is internal matter".

4. China want to force Taiwan in, it's annexation by force. I think the clownesque big military drills are saying enough.

Dec 19 2022 11:33am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Dec 19 2022 05:26pm)
1. The Theft of intellectual property is a cultural shock, and a complete steal, it completely ruins the effort done on R&D: It's a MAJOR offense at international levels.

2. The Risk of personal data breaches is terrible threat: basically analyzing foreign citizen to define the best technics in destroying their democracies through social medias, along with agressive sales technics or worse: blackmail.

3. The immoral things are not internal, the human rights violations are not "internal" to a country. It has a global impact. At this point UK can exterminate whole irlande and i will just say "this is internal matter".

4. China want to force Taiwan in, it's annexation by force. I think the clownesque big military drills are saying enough.

whats your definition of major and terrible? also there is a difference between data breaches and data mining. your not wrong, alot of countries export immorality, no country owns this. I dont understand why you call military drills clownesque, all countries carry out military drills, some countries do drills with partners.
Gold: 32,517.50
Dec 21 2022 04:26pm
On a tangent, but related to original post on US China relations.

It took the outbreak and subsequent entering of the US into World War 2, in order for the US to fully realise its manufacturing potential. With China's manufacturing currently being at magnitude far greater than any other country.
If we saw the outbreak of a global war, or large regional war in Asia for example. Might that be the catalyst to push China to the forefront of global military dominance? Purely by it realising its manufacturing output geared entirely to defence/war.

Obviously hypothetical. Also would require a massive scale conventional war taking place without nuclear escalation. Which is obviously unlikely.
Also doesn't take into consideration that China's economy essentially hinges on the US being a overall importer of Chinese goods.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 21 2022 04:26pm
Jan 4 2023 11:01am

I am going to bump this for you and include this two particular articles by Graham Allison.

I got these from Havard Kennedy School Belfer Center.

Edited

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Jan 4 2023 11:22am
Jan 4 2023 11:02am
i meant to link this previously, just wary of being suspended for posting links (again). ill edit this post in the next 30 mins to remove the link but keep some of the content.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jan 4 2023 11:30am
Jan 4 2023 11:04am
i meant to link this previously, just wary of being suspended for posting links. ill edit this post in the next 30 mins to remove the link after switching pc's.[/QUOTE]

I thought providing links from Institutions like Harvard etc etc are perfectly fine? These are scholarly opinions from top institutes .

I did, thank you .

I will do the same to my links in the next 15 mins or so.

Nice ethereal Self repair ornate by the way.

One of the guys I really like by the way

Richard N. Haass

you should read his books if u manage to get your hands on them

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Jan 4 2023 11:12am
Jan 4 2023 11:05am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Jan 4 2023 05:04pm)
I thought providing links from Institutions like Harvard etc etc are perfectly fine? These are scholarly opinions from top institutes .

no the moderators make no distinction. you might want to unquote that link i provided.
Gold: 1,271.69
Jan 4 2023 11:11am
they gave the world fried rice and 1,000 ways to make chicken delicious so i don't see why we gotta be so mean to them TBH
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll