d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Stephen Breyer Announces Retirement
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 28 2022 11:32am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 28 2022 07:29pm)
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Holy shit you live in a fantasy. The only part of the Democratic party that could even be slightly called leftists (who are still firmly in the camp of "liberal", and not remotely leftist) have no power within the party.

too bad you clowns are dumb enough to be satisfied with him throwing you red-meat of race-based hires that youn enjoy so much

or you would do something about it
Gold: 4,404.67
Jan 28 2022 11:32am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Jan 2022 18:29)
Yes, and it actually works more against your statement. What is moderate changes over time, and if Biden is specifically positioning himself at the center during that entire time he is by definition the most moderate candidate possible.

You are talking about a moderate-liberal-progressive spectrum within the context of the Democratic party - which, as you say, is shifting over time.
I am talking about where Biden stands relative to the farright-conservative-moderate-liberal-progressive spectrum of the American people, which is the more relevant thing and also more stable over time.
Gold: 260.11
Jan 28 2022 11:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 28 2022 11:28am)
I didn't call the present-day Democrats extreme, I called them leftist. Biden more or less represents the median Democrat, and the median Democrat these days is no longer a moderate.

Jfc, it truly baffles my mind how you guys all misunderstand my point so badly although it's very simple...

>I know I communicated it properly because literally everybody misunderstood my position

Man you're on a roll today.
Jan 28 2022 11:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 28 2022 11:32am)
You are talking about a moderate-liberal-progressive spectrum within the context of the Democratic party - which, as you say, is shifting over time.
I am talking about where Biden stands relative to the farright-conservative-moderate-liberal-progressive spectrum of the American people, which is the more relevant thing and also more stable over time.

Even by that definition he's still incredibly moderate to this day. His BBB agenda polled right around 50% of Americans on most provisions, and had plenty of provisions that polled at 90% approval that still got cut.

In the end this is just another issue I've annihilated you on multiple times, and you've admitted to, that you just conveniently forget about and re-post a month later. If you were actually interested in learning you might stop doing that.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jan 28 2022 11:35am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 28 2022 11:36am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 28 2022 07:31pm)
So what do you call actively deporting refugees without due process and while they aren't allowed to apply for refugee status while not on American soil? Because that's been both Biden and Trump's policy.

those are not refugees since the passed one or more safe countries on their way to become economic illegals in USA
Jan 28 2022 11:37am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Jan 2022 18:33)
>I know I communicated it properly because literally everybody misunderstood my position

Man you're on a roll today.

I am aware of how bold it is to call out several other people for misunderstanding my point, rather than looking at my own communication. In this specific case, I am willing to die on this hill. There was nothing ambiguous or unclear about the point I was making.
Also, it's not "literally everybody" who misunderstood my position.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Jan 2022 18:31)
So what do you call actively deporting refugees without due process and while they aren't allowed to apply for refugee status while not on American soil? Because that's been both Biden and Trump's policy.

That's not Biden's own position, it's the position forced on him by a federal court and his AG is trying everything to reverse it.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Jan 2022 18:34)
Even by that definition he's still incredibly moderate to this day. His BBB agenda polled right around 50% of Americans on most provisions, and had plenty of provisions that polled at 90% approval that still got cut.

Polling is no proof for or against the moderation of a policy. History is full of examples of majority opinion embracing radical shit. (Not saying that BBB is radical, but it's not moderate either...)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jan 28 2022 11:39am
Gold: 327.37
Jan 28 2022 11:38am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Jan 28 2022 12:34pm)

There is no world (that isn't a fantasy land in your head) where Biden is anything but extremely moderate.

I mean, the reality of the situation says that his administration is not moderate. We can leave Biden alone for now, because I'm not sure anyone still believes that he's the one calling the shots. Independents have all but abandoned his administration, and he's polling in the high 30s in popularity. His support base is the Democratic base, not the Democratic leaning voters who have abandoned him en masse.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jan 28 2022 11:38am
Jan 28 2022 11:39am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 28 2022 11:38am)
I mean, the reality of the situation says that his administration is not moderate. We can leave Biden alone for now, because I'm not sure anything still believes that he's the one calling the shots. Independents have all but abandoned his administration, and he's polling in the high 30s in popularity. His support base is the Democratic base, not the Democratic leaning voters who have abandoned him en masse.

Biden has governed in a clearly right-wing fashion. His administration is literally defending the right to deport people without due process AGAINST lawsuits by the ACLU. He's made very few meaningful changes from Trump's policies on things like immigration, made massive concessions at every step to the right wing part of his party and Republicans, and still believes Republicans will compromise with him.

By all accounts, Biden has massively lost support because of his absolute willingness to compromise on every single position. Bogie is absolutely right that Biden doesn't have strong ideological stances. It's just that as a result he tends to start at the center of his party and compromise to the right. Every. Single. Time.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Jan 28 2022 11:40am
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 28 2022 11:44am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Jan 28 2022 09:27am)
open borders & secretly bussing illegals across the country - extreme

closed borders while allowing not-lying refugeees in - moderate

how braindead were you to not know this :rofl:

The R are just as open borders as anything else. If there were no shit corporations that hire illegals for bigger profit margins. There would be less immigrants
The R is not interested in punishing the reason people immigrate here. The just like to jail brown people, not solve the problem . I know immigrant workers they don't come here to hang out with you inbreeds and that's a fact.
They don't even like the US better than MEX. Soon as they make money they move back to gtfo and not have to listen to people like you, or they stay to send money back to their families.
If you stopped the job market 75% of people would stop migrating here.
inb4 mass denial.
Jan 28 2022 11:44am
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Jan 2022 18:39)
Biden has governed in a clearly right-wing fashion. His administration is literally defending the right to deport people without due process AGAINST lawsuits by the ACLU. He's made very few meaningful changes from Trump's policies on things like immigration, made massive concessions at every step to the right wing part of his party and Republicans, and still believes Republicans will compromise with him.

By all accounts, Biden has massively lost support because of his absolute willingness to compromise on every single position. Bogie is absolutely right that Biden doesn't have strong ideological stances. It's just that as a result he tends to start at the center of his party and compromise to the right. Every. Single. Time.

Do you even listen to yourself? If he starts at the center of his party, then some 20% of Congress or the electorate are to the left of him and some 70% to the right. So, in which direction does he need to compromise to find majorities for his policies? Hmmm......

And you have the gall of fantasizing about having "annihilated" me (or anyone else for that matter). :rofl:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll