d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1111213141547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 11:43am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 12:36pm)

I would also say there is a tangible sigbnificant difference between blanket mandates of vaccines and just making them required to attend some schools.

Fair statement

My only concern is protection for those at risk and unable to protect themselves. As long as those citizens are protected I have no complaints. A person has a right to do whatever they want to themselves, but when they encroach on the rights of others is when I think there is a flaw.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 10 2015 11:43am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 12:36pm)
the Informed Consent section of the AMA Code of Medical Ethics states:

"The patient should make his or her own determination about treatment... Informed consent is a basic policy in both ethics and law that physicians must honor, unless the patient is unconscious or otherwise incapable of consenting and harm from failure to treat is imminent."

Children cannot make informed consent, and most vaccinations are given to them.

Generally it is up to the parent, but the parent isn't free to do whatever they want. And schools are free to protect other students from irresponsible parents.

I bet you really hate Child Protective Services.
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 10 2015 11:48am
...just for the sake of clarity , mandatory and forced do NOT mean the same thing . No one is chasing kids around with a vaccination needle .
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 10 2015 11:53am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 10 2015 12:43pm)

I bet you really hate Child Abductive Services.

Yes.

"To be clear, the government says they will take your children from you so that you don’t put them in a situation where there is a remote possibility that someone might…take your children from you. Cunning plan!"

As previously stated a failure to get a vaccine is not remotely close to actual examples of neglect or statistically significant endangerment.

Although i don't have a problem with some of the things CPS does. (i.e. protecting children from actual abusive parents)

...just for the sake of clarity , mandatory and forced do NOT mean the same thing . No one is chasing kids around with a vaccination needle .

I think thats open to interpretation and depends on what law you implement.
Many are advocating taking the kids away from their parents and getting them vaccinated.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 10 2015 11:56am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 12:53pm)
Yes.

"To be clear, the government says they will take your children from you so that you don’t put them in a situation where there is a remote possibility that someone might…take your children from you. Cunning plan!"

Lmao I swear you're trolling.
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 10 2015 12:02pm
Yes.

I think thats open to interpretation and depends on what law you implement.
Many are advocating taking the kids away from their parents and getting them vaccinated.

...I don't subscribe to conspiracynuttercoocoopants.con so I haven't heard of this .

Feb 10 2015 12:04pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 10 2015 12:48pm)

Additionally the word vaccine needs to be further described for the sake of this conversation. Recent guidelines have placed vaccines into 3 different groups: category A, category B, and category C. Simply stated cat A vaccines represent those which are backed by the equivalent of stage 4 clinical trials for a period of time that I can't remember at this time, MMR falls into this category. No patient receiving a category A vaccine will be negatively impacted by the pathogen he/she is being immunized against or the actual vaccine. Category B represents those that are backed by evidence but the certainty of protection against the pathogen isn't 100%. Physician input matters more at this level and pros have to be weighed against cons. Influenza vaccine falls under this category. Category C vaccines are equivalent to stage 1-2 drug trials.

So for the sake of discussion those saying, "well how do you choose which vaccines are essential and which are mundane?" You wouldn't. The controlling chip implementing government wouldn't either. It would be up to the tested process to determine which vaccines are and aren't essential.
Feb 10 2015 12:07pm

As previously stated a failure to get a vaccine is not remotely close to actual examples of neglect or statistically significant endangerment.

I don't think it's necessarily neglect we are talking about, at least that's not my concern.

A more appropriate comparison would be what should the government do when your child lethally injures someone else's child.
Gold: 273.37
Feb 10 2015 12:09pm
There is no valid reason to oppose vaccination. You are not a critical thinker, you're just not smart. If you suffer from serious, dehibilitating ignorance such that it puts your child and others at risk you do not deserve to enjoy custody.
Gold: 11,345.00
Feb 10 2015 12:11pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Feb 10 2015 10:48am)

The way the question is formulated is "forced" i'm not a libertarian nut job but no one should be forced to do anything. Vaccines should be mandated to go to school but to use the word "forced" is the wrong word. In this context it's important to be lawfully correct in terms of word choices because there is a huge difference between mandated and forced. That's really my whole beef with this question.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Feb 10 2015 12:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll