d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Paul Ryan Budget
Prev11112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 133,165.00
Mar 29 2012 01:22pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 12:21pm)
Another Paulbot in favor of trashing the constitution I see...

We need to temporarily. The stupidity level and contingencies in our entire government are broken. There is no accountability to the economy or the people any longer with how its set up. None at all. The Constitution is already trashed. We need someone who can strong arm us back to freedom and prosperity.

The direction we are headed now...is one in which no one wants to go.

We are all on a train with no brakes, and whose control panel is fried...about the careen off a cliff. Only spider man can save us now.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:24pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 01:24pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:22pm)
We need to temporarily. The stupidity level and contingencies in our entire government are broken. There is no accountability to the economy or the people any longer with how its set up. None at all. The Constitution is already trashed. We need someone who can strong arm us back to freedom and prosperity.

The direction we are headed now...is one in which no one wants to go.

You do realize how ridiculous this sounds, right?
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2012 01:24pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ 29 Mar 2012 14:16)
He is fundamentally changing entitlements. He has plans to phase out social security and medicare entirely. He will take out the military industrial complex in one swoop (that's the easiest for him to do).

And the departments, he's taking out those too, because they can be more cheaply handled by individuals, the free market, and the states.

His budget has us decreasing the deficit over the next 10 years.

That is not listed in his proposal, so it's hard to gather how that would be accomplished. I realize he is making cuts to the IC, and wants to "close bases around the world", but beyond that is rather vague. Additionally, there is no mention of phasing out SS, just a method for people to opt out of it. Same with medicare, only I saw nothing that outlined what changes he proposed to that, and how to accomplish them. He also doesn't cover other entitlements, such as unemployment (mostly, or maybe entirely a state issue, granted), and food stamps, etc, or maybe I missed that part on his page. He's cutting out the HUD, which would have some pretty hard hitting impacts on certain areas of the country, and leave a lot of people and property "left to the wolves" essentially. The fallout from that alone would be rather immense, I imagine. But again, that partly falls on the states as well, so I can't definitively state the real impact it may or may not have.
Mar 29 2012 01:25pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 12:24pm)
You do realize how ridiculous this sounds, right?

Sounds, but not in practice. We did it with the American Revolution. We strong arm'd out path to liberty and prosperity.

The republic is the guardian of maximized freedom, not the democracy. We need to return to these roots, or we will face the consequences.
Gold: 11,407.33
Mar 29 2012 01:25pm
I wont go as far as to day we need a dictator, but the constitution was supposed to play a similar role to a dictator and prevent the government from doing a lot of the things it is doing right now.
Conversely recent presidents are often acting like a dictator with executive orders, mandates, and numerous undeclared wars, etc on a whim and I think that needs to stop.
Mar 29 2012 01:27pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 12:24pm)
That is not listed in his proposal, so it's hard to gather how that would be accomplished. I realize he is making cuts to the IC, and wants to "close bases around the world", but beyond that is rather vague. Additionally, there is no mention of phasing out SS, just a method for people to opt out of it. Same with medicare, only I saw nothing that outlined what changes he proposed to that, and how to accomplish them. He also doesn't cover other entitlements, such as unemployment (mostly, or maybe entirely a state issue, granted), and food stamps, etc, or maybe I missed that part on his page. He's cutting out the HUD, which would have some pretty hard hitting impacts on certain areas of the country, and leave a lot of people and property "left to the wolves" essentially. The fallout from that alone would be rather immense, I imagine. But again, that partly falls on the states as well, so I can't definitively state the action impact it may or may not have.

The opt out will phase it out. Generation by generation, most people will want nothing to do with it. It's already broken and set on a crash course, which is why he wants to allow this.

It's a tax that the youth has to currently pay, in which they will never see the benefits of it coming to reality.

Just another way that consumption and capitol is being lost from the bottom level.

He doesn't see unemployment and food stamps as the priorities to cut and get rid of. I'd agree with him considering that those are purely safety nets.

In his perfect world though, those would also not exist.

And i wouldn't say "left to the wolves". It's more of "left to more efficient and personal hands"

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:28pm
Mar 29 2012 01:30pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 29 2012 12:25pm)
I wont go as far as to day we need a dictator, but the constitution was supposed to play a similar role to a dictator and prevent the government from doing a lot of the things it is doing right now.
Conversely recent presidents are often acting like a dictator with executive orders, mandates, and numerous undeclared wars, etc on a whim and I think that needs to stop.

That's my point. You do need human representatives of the document, however, as we currently have.

It is the supreme dictator. And that's what people do not understand. Liberty and all the benefits that come with it never survive without a supreme declaration and a supreme unchanging authority and interpretation to back it.

Our constitution, in my opinion does not go far enough. It has too many holes.

I want to make a new one just for fun to be honest. It would be a much better one though.

I already know of several upon several improvements.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:31pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 01:31pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:22pm)
We are all on a train with no brakes, and whose control panel is fried...about the careen off a cliff. Only spider man can save us now.

Lol, man you are entertaining to read.
Gold: 1,822.50
Mar 29 2012 01:33pm
i love Paul Ryan and this budget proposal
Mar 29 2012 01:41pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 29 2012 12:31pm)
Lol, man you are entertaining to read.

Lol won't be entertaining anymore when we are in free fall.

We could be already. Just gotta hit the ground. It's probably already too late. But if its not, then yeah.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll