d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1119811991200120112021254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 1 2024 03:36pm
Quote (El1te @ 1 Oct 2024 19:04)
How hard it would be is directly correlated with how motivated the Iranian revolutionaries are in mounting a bitter defense. And from my perspective, that won't happen and they'll fold like a paper bag just like Hezbollah, AND most of the population doesn't like the Shiite regime, what the people want is a return to the lawful Zoroastrian Shah regime. These guys aren't the Taliban. The US can roll up to the coast, reduce it to a parking lot, and take the beachhead with no resistance.

And then regime change begins & the Shah is restored. I thought I made this clear. The government can return to the pre-revolutionary status quo, Islam can be marginalized & distanced from the government, and Zoroastrianism can once again be championed & incentivized. All big wins.

Some 66% of Iran's current population were born after the revolution and have spent literally their entire lives in the Islamic Republic. There are millions upon millions of indoctrinated propaganda victims. Like I've said, there is more hope for a successful transition to democracy in Iran than in any of the Arab countries, but it's still far from a sure thing, and the idea of "marginalizing Islam" in a country like Iran is a pipe dream.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 1 2024 03:36pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Oct 1 2024 04:18pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 1 Oct 2024 22:01)
So let me see if I got this right:

Iran's Ambassador to the UN says that Iran's attack on Israel is complete; no further missiles being launched as it represents the "total response to Israel's actions in Lebanon".

Seems Iran is primarily upset/motivated to do this because the Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon was injured (lost an eye) in the Israeli pager attack.

Israeli Ambassador to the UN says that Israel is planning retaliation.

If true, this would suggest that Iran was indeed just trying to save face (yet again), just this time with more bluster. If no further missiles come from Iran, I wonder if they've actually given Israel enough to justify further strikes; strikes which Israel imho wants to carry out. At the very least, they want to take out Iran's nuclear program, and what better moment than this one in which the IDF is mobilized, Iran's proxies are in disarray and the Mullah regime itself is torn between realists and hardliners?

Quote (Bazi @ 1 Oct 2024 22:16)
You keep this up for a long enough time that you have at least 1 generation of people that don’t have the memory of these atrocities, then you have parents willing to let the hate go for sake of this new generation. Germany, Japan , there is precedent for this approach.

Post-WW2 Germany and Japan are the canonical example for successful nation building, but are there any other examples?

Because it must be kept in mind is that pre-WW2, both Germany and Japan were among the most advanced nations on the planet, with a strong and productive industry, an educated population, cutting-edge research and well-functioning administrative structures. Both countries got derailed by difficult economic conditions in the wake of the Great Depression and WW1, and their lack of democratic tradition allowed evil forces to take over the levers of power and the minds of the people in this moment of weakness. After WW2, both countries quickly took their rightful place in the world again, based on their economic, social and cultural strength.

Zero of these factors applied in Iraq and Afghanistan, and aside from being a historic cultural nation and having a high share of college students, they don't apply in Iran either.
Gold: 4,921.71
Oct 1 2024 04:43pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 1 2024 05:18pm)
If true, this would suggest that Iran was indeed just trying to save face (yet again), just this time with more bluster. If no further missiles come from Iran, I wonder if they've actually given Israel enough to justify further strikes; strikes which Israel imho wants to carry out. At the very least, they want to take out Iran's nuclear program, and what better moment than this one in which the IDF is mobilized, Iran's proxies are in disarray and the Mullah regime itself is torn between realists and hardliners?

Post-WW2 Germany and Japan are the canonical example for successful nation building, but are there any other examples?

Because it must be kept in mind is that pre-WW2, both Germany and Japan were among the most advanced nations on the planet, with a strong and productive industry, an educated population, cutting-edge research and well-functioning administrative structures. Both countries got derailed by difficult economic conditions in the wake of the Great Depression and WW1, and their lack of democratic tradition allowed evil forces to take over the levers of power and the minds of the people in this moment of weakness. After WW2, both countries quickly took their rightful place in the world again, based on their economic, social and cultural strength.

Zero of these factors applied in Iraq and Afghanistan, and aside from being a historic cultural nation and having a high share of college students, they don't apply in Iran either.

Never said would be easy

Do you have alternative solution aside from kill them all?

Building a Time Machine I guess would also be a solution and not empowering bad faith actors
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 1 2024 04:56pm
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 1 2024 03:43pm)
Never said would be easy

Do you have alternative solution aside from kill them all?

Building a Time Machine I guess would also be a solution and not empowering bad faith actors

Forcibly relocate them to Egypt or Jordan and let them deal with the policing & deradicalization

Pay them off (Egypt or Jordan) to help finance re-education & policing and to get them to agree to take them
Oct 1 2024 05:15pm
Quote (El1te @ Oct 1 2024 05:56pm)
Forcibly relocate them to Egypt or Jordan and let them deal with the policing & deradicalization

Pay them off (Egypt or Jordan) to help finance re-education & policing and to get them to agree to take them

Well realistically, this is what is going to happen, minus any major financial aid for refugees or countries receiving them, ensuring cycle of radicalism and hate lives on

And you can add Lebanese refugees to the list

Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 1 2024 06:23pm
This is an utter failure for the Biden administration, that is for sure.
Whatever happens with Israel, Lebanon and Iran, the fact Biden has waffled on our support, failed to do anything to help prevent this escalation and sat back and watched as the war is spiraling out of control, is some of the worst foreign policy in the mideast since the 70s

Maybe Iran and Israel can back away from this cliff and just save face. Maybe Israel will content itself with obliterating Hamas and degrading Hezbollah. Maybe it will keep spiraling and we'll have another Nakba or another Shoah or hell the nukes go flying. But its definitely not ending in a way that reflects well on Joe Biden
Oct 1 2024 07:45pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 1 2024 07:23pm)
Whatever happens with Israel, Lebanon and Iran, the fact Biden has waffled on our support, failed to do anything to help prevent this escalation and sat back and watched as the war is spiraling out of control, is some of the worst foreign policy in the mideast since the 70s

Maybe Iran and Israel can back away from this cliff and just save face. Maybe Israel will content itself with obliterating Hamas and degrading Hezbollah. Maybe it will keep spiraling and we'll have another Nakba or another Shoah or hell the nukes go flying. But its definitely not ending in a way that reflects well on Joe Biden

Well looks like we can find common ground on at least one point

Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2024 12:44am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 2 2024 01:23am)

There it is
Gold: 5.00
Oct 2 2024 04:55am
Guess we'll need to do more as US asymmetric allies. Keep supporting the galaxy brain strategy of Netanyahu and his Israeli leadership. Send our first borns as first line fodder. We are not doing enough
Gold: 7,398.00
Oct 2 2024 04:58am
I filled my tank and bought reserves. I expect everything to get even more expensive from now on. Oil price up => everything up.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Oct 2 2024 04:58am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1119811991200120112021254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll