d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1119711981199120012011254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 1 2024 02:01pm
So let me see if I got this right:

Iran's Ambassador to the UN says that Iran's attack on Israel is complete; no further missiles being launched as it represents the "total response to Israel's actions in Lebanon".

Seems Iran is primarily upset/motivated to do this because the Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon was injured (lost an eye) in the Israeli pager attack.

Israeli Ambassador to the UN says that Israel is planning retaliation.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 1 2024 02:05pm
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 1 2024 02:49pm)
I don’t want to get in a circular conversation and I’m exhausting my yearly quota of pard posts but West Bank soldiers getting hit by sling shots don’t really garner much sympathy from me while they are shooting children in their heads and feet (well before 10/7). I dont think you can make the argument anymore that the occupation ever ended despite boots on the ground leaving in 2005. If you have no control over your resources, airspace, ports. No ability to trade without having Israel as a broker, you are by every stretch of the word - occupied. People who are occupied will rebel. People who are occupied will become radicalized. This is human nature. Whether it’s the French against nazis, South Africa, or Palestinians.

It is obvious, as I said so even prior to 10/7, that the Hamas leadership is the most corrupt political/terrorist (whatever u want to call it I’m not gonna argue semantics) group on the planet , simply by looking at the $$$ disparity with leaders and their constituents. 10/6 the leaders were in the Forbes top 50 which is absolutely asinine to think about.

Netanyahu used and empowered Hamas as a method to separate Gaza and West Bank. And Hamas lacking the intelligence points played right into his hands.

However as nefarious as these leaders are, it’s the people that suffer. There is no solution to this problem because there is no fiscal incentive to improve the situation for the Palestinians

And now we watch the whole reason get fucked and cry when there are more refugees as a result of failed American geopolitics

I have no real issue, unlike some people, fully admitting Gaza was occupied even without troops inside of the territory. i just dont see why "occupation" here is some buzzword that paints israel as super villains.

despite the blockade and filtration of goods in and out they managed to get enough weapons to pull off 10/7. imagine what they'd have and do without a blockade. Iran would be sending in literal missiles into Gaza like they do into Lebanon for the Hezzies. what regime in their right mind would avoid a blockade, it would be a terrible decision.

israel is inbetween a rock and hard place, they have a radicalized population in Gaza, its just there. so they pulled out and i think hoped they could somewhat normalize relations over time, and that failed completely. they left a pretty solid greenhouse infrastructure, which the gazans destroyed. they offered work permits for gazans, and it didnt move the needle even an inch. they allowed the UN and USA to send in pipes for replacing water lines and fuel, they made rockets with them. so any small concessions at all immediately bite them in the ass.

all this to say im not sure if there is ANY path to peace with gaza. unless they take down the blockade and just wait out 10 years of rockets hoping hamas realizes its futile. but why would hamas ever stop? they'll have unlimited funding for a rocket campaign. at this point if israel literally creates a new country of palestine or gaza or w/e they'll still be attacked even if they give up all of the territory. the west bank wont move there, and will want their land next.
Gold: 48,886.00
Oct 1 2024 02:05pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 2 Oct 2024 04:01)
So let me see if I got this right:

Iran's Ambassador to the UN says that Iran's attack on Israel is complete; no further missiles being launched as it represents the "total response to Israel's actions in Lebanon".

Seems Iran is primarily upset/motivated to do this because the Iranian Ambassador to Lebanon was injured (lost an eye) in the Israeli pager attack.

Israeli Ambassador to the UN says that Israel is planning retaliation.

So Israel will retaliate , kill Ruhollah Khomeini drop some missiles into the city and Iran will retaliate again.
So non stop you shoot some , I shoot some.
Gold: 0.40
Oct 1 2024 02:12pm
guys thes is a heavy talk i wouldnt understand thes fight i realy know that israel is attacking everyone in middle east and may god be with us so they dont start world war 3
Gold: 1,285.00
Oct 1 2024 02:14pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Oct 1 2024 04:05pm)
So Israel will retaliate , kill Ruhollah Khomeini drop some missiles into the city and Iran will retaliate again.
So non stop you shoot some , I shoot some.

you mean the same way it has always been?
Gold: 4,921.71
Oct 1 2024 02:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 1 2024 03:05pm)
I have no real issue, unlike some people, fully admitting Gaza was occupied even without troops inside of the territory. i just dont see why "occupation" here is some buzzword that paints israel as super villains.

despite the blockade and filtration of goods in and out they managed to get enough weapons to pull off 10/7. imagine what they'd have and do without a blockade. Iran would be sending in literal missiles into Gaza like they do into Lebanon for the Hezzies. what regime in their right mind would avoid a blockade, it would be a terrible decision.

israel is inbetween a rock and hard place, they have a radicalized population in Gaza, its just there. so they pulled out and i think hoped they could somewhat normalize relations over time, and that failed completely. they left a pretty solid greenhouse infrastructure, which the gazans destroyed. they offered work permits for gazans, and it didnt move the needle even an inch. they allowed the UN and USA to send in pipes for replacing water lines and fuel, they made rockets with them. so any small concessions at all immediately bite them in the ass.

all this to say im not sure if there is ANY path to peace with gaza. unless they take down the blockade and just wait out 10 years of rockets hoping hamas realizes its futile. but why would hamas ever stop? they'll have unlimited funding for a rocket campaign. at this point if israel literally creates a new country of palestine or gaza or w/e they'll still be attacked even if they give up all of the territory. the west bank wont move there, and will want their land next.

Re Gaza:

The only feasible, peaceful, long lasting answer here (that my small brain can think of) is an occupation by 3rd party/coalition. Us/uk/Un with Israel/Egypt/Saudi , and forcing PA in Wb to take over the governing party In Gaza. This would hypothetically occur with the rebuilding phase of Gaza if/when this escalation ever ends. You keep this up for a long enough time that you have at least 1 generation of people that don’t have the memory of these atrocities, then you have parents willing to let the hate go for sake of this new generation. Germany, Japan , there is precedent for this approach.

This will never happen, and the situation is in live time getting worse not better. There were ~2million displaced pre-refugees in Gaza before a week ago, now you have added a million more displaced Lebanese soon to be refugees

Easier to just put blinders on and not watch it unfold. Without good faith actors, there is no reason to be hopeful of anything here

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 1 2024 02:17pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 1 2024 02:25pm
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 1 2024 03:16pm)
Re Gaza:

The only feasible, peaceful, long lasting answer here (that my small brain can think of) is an occupation by 3rd party/coalition. Us/uk/Un with Israel/Egypt/Saudi , and forcing PA in Wb to take over the governing party In Gaza. This would hypothetically occur with the rebuilding phase of Gaza if/when this escalation ever ends. You keep this up for a long enough time that you have at least 1 generation of people that don’t have the memory of these atrocities, then you have parents willing to let the hate go for sake of this new generation. Germany, Japan , there is precedent for this approach.

This will never happen, and the situation is in live time getting worse not better. There were ~2million displaced pre-refugees in Gaza before a week ago, now you have added a million more displaced Lebanese soon to be refugees

Easier to just put blinders on and not watch it unfold. Without good faith actors, there is no reason to be hopeful of anything here

i agree, and i could be wrong, but i dont think even the saudis or egypt could successfully occupy Gaza. there is no breaking in that horse. we hear every day about the poor peaceful people who just want to live their lives, and im sure they do exist, but its just not enough. if 80% of the people are peaceful and 20% are vengeful any occupation will likely not be worth the investment even as a charity play. you're gonna see a lot of dead occupiers and constant foulplay. we tried and failed to occupy both iraq and afghanistan with full cooperation of a domestic government, and it didnt work at all.

as to the last i am not at all hopeful, i think that a full blown regional war is brewing. i have little faith either harris or trump could stop it, but sadly i have slightly more faith in trump to stop it. i give him like a 25% chance, harris 1% chance. her regime isnt gonna stop shit.
Gold: 4,921.71
Oct 1 2024 02:31pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 1 2024 03:25pm)
i agree, and i could be wrong, but i dont think even the saudis or egypt could successfully occupy Gaza. there is no breaking in that horse. we hear every day about the poor peaceful people who just want to live their lives, and im sure they do exist, but its just not enough. if 80% of the people are peaceful and 20% are vengeful any occupation will likely not be worth the investment even as a charity play. you're gonna see a lot of dead occupiers and constant foulplay. we tried and failed to occupy both iraq and afghanistan with full cooperation of a domestic government, and it didnt work at all.

as to the last i am not at all hopeful, i think that a full blown regional war is brewing. i have little faith either harris or trump could stop it, but sadly i have slightly more faith in trump to stop it. i give him like a 25% chance, harris 1% chance. her regime isnt gonna stop shit.

I think some sort of occupation may have had a higher % chance of working October 8th but you’re right it would have a far lesser chance now. When you drop mega tons of warheads across a civilian population, resentment increases. Hamas was estimated 40-50k before right? Well you have at least 40k new deaths so I would say conservatively you probably have 200k new sign ups for whatever Hamas 2.0 is

Harris I would give 0% chance
Trump I would give 1% chance

It’s too far gone now

Would love to be wrong. Would love love love to be wrong
Gold: 13.37
Oct 1 2024 02:48pm
Quote (AdeMelele @ 1 Oct 2024 23:12)
guys thes is a heavy talk i wouldnt understand thes fight i realy know that israel is attacking everyone in middle east and may god be with us so they dont start world war 3

Both of the countries are too insignificant in terms of world and wars. You have more chances of getting hit by a rocket booster while walking a street than this local ME conflict to evolve into something global.

This post was edited by Norlander on Oct 1 2024 02:54pm
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 1 2024 03:26pm
Time to sit back and watch another terrorist shitbag regime fall by the wayside.

No point in killing Khomeini, he will die soon anyway; Obliterate the nuclear sites and let the Iranians overthrow the Mullah scum themselves.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1119711981199120012011254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll