d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1119111921193119411951254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 32,512.50
Warn: 10%
Oct 1 2024 10:47am
Quote (El1te @ Oct 1 2024 05:08pm)
The walls are closing in on Iran tbh

Once Israel is finished with the belligerents on its border it will turn its attention to Iran, US will join with complete casus belli, you can expect them to "let" something happen, although I would hope we are past that deception and they just go into Iran with no false pretenses because its already justified

The walls are closing in on your vocabulary :thumbsup: One phrase wonder.

Although I would agree with your prediction. The Mullahs bluff got called and they look weaker than ever.

Worth pointing out this is one of Russia's close allies.
Gold: 4,921.71
Oct 1 2024 10:56am
Meanwhile White House:

We are working night and day , around the clock, 25 hours a day for a cease fire!

As effective leader of the world it’s been nothing short of hapless. the executive branch doesn’t do much but does dictate foreign policy. What an inept administration

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 1 2024 10:56am
Gold: 2,075.69
Oct 1 2024 10:59am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Oct 1 2024 09:47am)
The walls are closing in on your vocabulary :thumbsup: One phrase wonder.

Although I would agree with your prediction. The Mullahs bluff got called and they look weaker than ever.

Worth pointing out this is one of Russia's close allies.

You know, I use "the walls are closing in" in my vernacular here largely to mock the people who said "the walls are closing in" on Trump for years and years. Just FYI, it's a bit tongue in cheek but true nonetheless.

But yes Iran has basically revealed itself as a paper tiger. Their "strongest" proxy folded very fast, and they'll fold too if push comes to shove. Iran is an ally of convenience for Russia, nothing more. Iran should realize this
Oct 1 2024 11:04am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 1 2024 09:40am)
Invading Iran would be fully justified by now, but it would nonetheless be a completely moronic idea and end in disaster. It's a huge-ass country with a large population and a rugged geography, so actually taking the country would require an enormous amount of troops. If I had to guess, I'd say at least 5 times as many as were necessary for Iraq.

And then what? It's highly questionable if we could actually stabilize the country and allow it to morph into a functioning democracy. Iran has a rather educated population, a strong national identity and culture... and roughly half the people are against the regime anyway, but that doesn't mean that they'd be on our side, or that they're ready for democracy. Chances are that such an invasion would only be fuel to the fire of islamists around the globe. And the whole endeavor would come at a gigantic cost. So chances are that we retreat from Iran after 5-20 years and then the country falls into the hands of ISIS-K or the Chinese. :rolleyes:

The more prudent course of action is to keep bombing their nuclear program into the ground every couple of years and otherwise sit back and wait for their regime to collapse. Lasting change in a country like Iran has to come from within, from its own people. If the failures of Iraq and Afghanistan have taught us one thing, it's that you can't force democracy or Western values on a foreign country when the people aren't ready for it yet.

How hard it would be is directly correlated with how motivated the Iranian revolutionaries are in mounting a bitter defense. And from my perspective, that won't happen and they'll fold like a paper bag just like Hezbollah, AND most of the population doesn't like the Shiite regime, what the people want is a return to the lawful Zoroastrian Shah regime. These guys aren't the Taliban. The US can roll up to the coast, reduce it to a parking lot, and take the beachhead with no resistance.

And then regime change begins & the Shah is restored. I thought I made this clear. The government can return to the pre-revolutionary status quo, Islam can be marginalized & distanced from the government, and Zoroastrianism can once again be championed & incentivized. All big wins.
Oct 1 2024 11:05am
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 1 2024 09:56am)
Meanwhile White House:

We are working night and day , around the clock, 25 hours a day for a cease fire!

As effective leader of the world it’s been nothing short of hapless. the executive branch doesn’t do much but does dictate foreign policy. What an inept administration

I mean the guy is literally a dementia patient, the US has no POTUS currently
Oct 1 2024 11:12am
Quote (El1te @ Oct 1 2024 12:05pm)
I mean the guy is literally a dementia patient, the US has no POTUS currently

I have never disagreed on this point

As effective leader nation of the world gets to choose between a Parkinson’s patient, diversity candidate paid for by corporate America, or a proven narcissist

The further loss of civilian life, human potential, rise of radicalism is inevitable here

I find it sad. No accountability for anyone

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 1 2024 11:13am
Gold: 840.00
Oct 1 2024 11:23am
Quote (Bazi @ 1 Oct 2024 12:12)

As effective leader nation of the world gets to choose between a Parkinson’s patient, diversity candidate paid for by corporate America, or a proven narcissist

The further loss of civilian life, human potential, rise of radicalism is inevitable here

Can you agree with me that "voting" is useless when your government and all the politicians who supposedly represent their constituencies never even remotely do what the people they represent ask of them.

How is it not more painfully obvious to anyone that the military industrial complex runs the POTUS from behind the scenes.

I'm glad I'm heavily invested in every military defense industry stock. Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Booze Allen Hamilton, L3 Harris, General Dynamics, all up 4% right now.

Sad days for the Middle East but military industrial complex licking their chops....

If my portfolio is up 30k mid-session I can't imagine what every politician in the United States is up. I have minor stakes in these companies. Are politicians are collectively making hundreds of millions if not a billion dollars today because of this escalation. Follow Nancy Pelosi's husbands stock movement :rofl:

This post was edited by SwamiVivekananda on Oct 1 2024 11:26am
Oct 1 2024 11:30am
Quote (Bazi @ Oct 1 2024 10:12am)

It truly is sad that it has come to this. It is all rooted in the government ignoring it's own citizens for years, leading to the rise of Donald Trump & a very bold & direct criticism of the government (valid). And we see the consequences of that in the suffering & loss of life, world at war and on fire.

It takes a bold man to fix things, like Donald Trump, who is the solution to all this. He does one more 4 year term then he is out for good. The people who think Trump will be a "dictator" are irrational if only because of the fact that Trump is old. He's almost 80, he physically cannot be a lifetime dictator.

4 years of reformation, hard work & austerity, then after the 4 years things can hopefully be stabilized with people getting an opportunity to vote for new honest candidates & to crush the unhinged partisan atmosphere.
Oct 1 2024 11:34am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Oct 1 2024 12:23pm)
Can you agree with me that "voting" is useless when your government and all the politicians who supposedly represent their constituencies never even remotely do what the people they represent ask of them.

How is it not more painfully obvious to anyone that the military industrial complex runs the POTUS from behind the scenes.

I'm glad I'm heavily invested in every military defense industry stock. Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Booze Allen Hamilton, L3 Harris, General Dynamics, all up 4% right now.

Sad days for the Middle East but military industrial complex licking their chops....

If my portfolio is up 30k mid-session I can't imagine what every politician in the United States is up. I have minor stakes in these companies. Are politicians are collectively making hundreds of millions if not a billion dollars today because of this escalation. Follow Nancy Pelosi's husbands stock movement :rofl:

Yeah I follow her movements closely lol. Making money in the market is not difficult if you block the noise.

Voting shouldn’t be useless, but as different as Kamala and trump seem, on paper the differences are fewer.

look at aspects the country unanimously agree on like healthcare, whether it’s military complex or corporate insurance companies, the elected officials are paid for

I would gladly give up half my market gains to live in a country whose elected leaders/representatives are those I can be prideful for

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 1 2024 11:35am
Oct 1 2024 11:37am
Quote (El1te @ Oct 1 2024 12:30pm)
It truly is sad that it has come to this. It is all rooted in the government ignoring it's own citizens for years, leading to the rise of Donald Trump & a very bold & direct criticism of the government (valid). And we see the consequences of that in the suffering & loss of life, world at war and on fire.

It takes a bold man to fix things, like Donald Trump, who is the solution to all this. He does one more 4 year term then he is out for good. The people who think Trump will be a "dictator" are irrational if only because of the fact that Trump is old. He's almost 80, he physically cannot be a lifetime dictator.

4 years of reformation, hard work & austerity, then after the 4 years things can hopefully be stabilized with people getting an opportunity to vote for new honest candidates & to crush the unhinged partisan atmosphere.

I didn’t say he’s a dictator. if you want to argue he isn’t a narcissistic and mostly self serving then we can agree to disagree

Trump will win so your thesis will play out and we will have a chance to review this.

This post was edited by Bazi on Oct 1 2024 11:38am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1119111921193119411951254Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll