d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1118119120121122307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
May 17 2023 11:57pm
Quote (WizardKiller @ May 18 2023 03:28pm)
What kind of evidence do you need? God in a test tube? Personal witness to Him creating a world? You are a degenerate sinner not fit to be in His presence but if He were to speak to you or appear to you, your corrupted mind and self-righteous heart would default to excusing it as auditory or visual hallucinations to save your bias, I’m sure.

Speaking of straw man, no one is claiming Gandlaf is riding around on a unicorn or that that is somehow even remotely close to what the bible says. You seem to think you know more about philosophy, religion, and sound argument than you actually do—I’d encourage you to be more humble.

Atheists believe we are animals, are you new to atheism? Are you claiming something more than naturalism? You say there is no meaning to life and then go on the say that life is a blank canvas for you to create meaning—you really need to think before you try to convey things because you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. Imagine telling someone who has been raped it could be argued it was not wrong for them to be raped because wrong is just an opinion—thank God atheists are a minority throughout the world!

Woah there! hostile overly projectile Christian take a seat bud.

1. Evidence like maybe a voice that talks to everyone which you can record. Show us some images of hell or heaven or where it is. Maybe follow up on the so called commandments and promises. Like for example the promised ever lasting life as of right now everyone is in process of dying or dead. Proof that he can gather all species of animals and put them on a boat. Should be no problem for the big fella just snap his fingers and bam. You know things like that.
You calling me degenerate sinner is a huge projection and straight up personal insult, how very Christian of you. Also presuming what God would or wouldn't do assumes that you have personal insight into how God thinks and acts. That is quite some feat.

2. Gandalf example was simply there to demonstrate the hypocrisy of your argument. We can safely assume it flew over your head. (incidentally bible talks way more crazy than gandalf on a unicorn.) try reading Revelations you might find 7 headed dragons and other interesting fairy tales.

3. You trying to pidgenhole what I believe is another projection. Rape is an act which is very often an unwanted/unpleasant experience based on survival instincts. One is being spurred by urges of sexual desire and domination. The other side is being repelled by self preservation instincts by avoiding harm for its survival. We simply judge the act as bad because it violates personal boundaries and our ability to choose our sexual partners. In the animal kingdom it's almost always rape they don't care what you like or don't like the male will mate simply because he is the strongest and not much can be done. Humans have evolved beyond that and developed complex social structures. Our values change and our ideas of what right and wrong change all the time. Depending on time, place and what we like. Right and wrong is bronze age type of thinking which Christians still hold dear.
Therefore I don't need to tell a rape victim if it was right or wrong I simply observe that that behaviour doesn't work based on the parameters set out by our society and individual. Many women actually fantasise about being raped/dominated I had several girlfriends who loved being chocked and being treated rough etc. Personally I am not into that but like I said under the right circumstances the act of "rape" is not wrong. It's based on external factors.

Reminds me of a story about a Zen master and a boy

This post was edited by addone on May 18 2023 12:01am
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
May 18 2023 12:20am
Quote (addone @ May 18 2023 02:57am)

1. Evidence like maybe a voice that talks to everyone which you can record. Show us some images of hell or heaven or where it is. Maybe follow up on the so called commandments and promises. Like for example the promised ever lasting life as of right now everyone is in process of dying or dead. Proof that he can gather all species of animals and put them on a boat. Should be no problem for the big fella just snap his fingers and bam. You know things like that.
You calling me degenerate sinner is a huge projection and straight up personal insult, how very Christian of you. Also presuming what God would or wouldn't do assumes that you have personal insight into how God thinks and acts. That is quite some feat.

2. Gandalf example was simply there to demonstrate the hypocrisy of your argument. We can safely assume it flew over your head. (incidentally bible talks way more crazy than gandalf on a unicorn.) try reading Revelations you might find 7 headed dragons and other interesting fairy tales.

3. You trying to pidgenhole what I believe is another projection. Rape is an act which is very often an unwanted/unpleasant experience based on survival instincts. One is being spurred by urges of sexual desire and domination. The other side is being repelled by self preservation instincts by avoiding harm for its survival. We simply judge the act as bad because it violates personal boundaries and our ability to choose our sexual partners. In the animal kingdom it's almost always rape they don't care what you like or don't like the male will mate simply because he is the strongest and not much can be done. Humans have evolved beyond that and developed complex social structures. Our values change and our ideas of what right and wrong change all the time. Depending on time, place and what we like. Right and wrong is bronze age type of thinking which Christians still hold dear.
Therefore I don't need to tell a rape victim if it was right or wrong I simply observe that that behaviour doesn't work based on the parameters set out by our society and individual. Many women actually fantasise about being raped/dominated I had several girlfriends who loved being chocked and being treated rough etc. Personally I am not into that but like I said under the right circumstances the act of "rape" is not wrong. It's based on external factors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2cjVhUrmII

Ooof that one is a bit of a doozy lol

This post was edited by DizzyBusiness on May 18 2023 12:20am
May 18 2023 02:28am
Quote (DizzyBusiness @ May 18 2023 06:20pm)
Ooof that one is a bit of a doozy lol

Well its a thing apparently there are many people into it that kind of kink.

You can make all kinds of sounds and project your religious beliefs but facts are facts. If you need proof just go Google (make sure you in incognito and your door closed lol)

People are weird and have all kinds of fetishes.

Even Bible's right and wrong are subjective terms. God has no problem killing other people which he does plenty in the bible but Christians don't consider that wrong. Incidentally if God commands to kill or gives ok then it's not wrong either basically solidifying the nebulous nature of right and wrong.

This post was edited by addone on May 18 2023 02:28am
Gold: 4.91
May 18 2023 03:00am
Quote (addone @ May 18 2023 05:28am)
Well its a thing apparently there are many people into it that kind of kink.

You can make all kinds of sounds and project your religious beliefs but facts are facts. If you need proof just go Google (make sure you in incognito and your door closed lol)

People are weird and have all kinds of fetishes.

Even Bible's right and wrong are subjective terms. God has no problem killing other people which he does plenty in the bible but Christians don't consider that wrong. Incidentally if God commands to kill or gives ok then it's not wrong either basically solidifying the nebulous nature of right and wrong.

I don’t disagree it is a kink for some people but I differentiate that from actual rape, I just see it as a role playing type thing.

I'm not religious myself but I do think religion has been an important tool in the development of civilization and the basis for modern ethics and morality, so while I don't subscribe to religious values I do think that a secular society has to develop and enforce its own moral values to replace religious ones if it wants to move away from religion.

Which is why I think it is important to distinguish between actual rape and what you are referring to in regards to the kink/fetish of "play rape" which is usually just rough sex with some roleplay mixed in.

And sure the Bible has some subjective moral values but it existed in a time when large groups of people would regularly run at eachother and hack eachother to death with swords and clubs so I think that has to be taken into account. Every ideology is peaceful and friendly until it encounters another lol.
Gold: 0.69
May 18 2023 03:08am
Quote (WizardKiller @ May 17 2023 03:25pm)
Imagine being criticized by someone who believes they are a mere animal, and even worse, tries to argue what is right or wrong based on a worldview that is inherently and ultimately void of meaning or morals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiTre__QG9k

Darwin’s Horrid Doubt: Why Monkey Brains Troubled the Great Man of Science
https://medium.com/science-and-philosophy/darwins-horrid-doubt-why-monkey-brains-troubled-the-great-man-of-science-e77c954e9019
Gold: 0.69
May 18 2023 03:20am
Quote (addone @ May 17 2023 10:57pm)

you do that cht all the time
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2023 04:34am
Quote (Meanwhile @ May 18 2023 04:43am)
religion getting destroyed by facts

https://i.imgur.com/Xois9Bn.mp4

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Romans 1:20

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Seems like you care about all those people that haven't heard the Gospel. That's great! Will you now, in response, go and support those Missionaries who go to those desolate and hostile places to preach the Gospel?

There's a site for "opendoors.org.au" where you can go and get involved and support those very people. I mean, surely you are not going to be part of the problem but part of the solution. Am I right?

Quote (addone @ May 18 2023 05:57am)

Not your own thoughts. Try harder.

Quote (addone @ May 18 2023 03:57pm)

Did you know that Revelations was written to the 7 Churches in Rome? Did you know that Rome was very hostile to Christianity and so the Churches had it very tough? So when the letters are written to the 7 Churches they talk about Rome. But who else is going to read those letters? What do you think happens if they find out they were the ones being written about?

So when the letters are written they had to hide the fact they were talking about Rome. For example the 7 headed dragon represents the 7 hills of Rome. Here's a word for you to learn: obfuscation.

Next time you read Revelations consider about how each beast represents Rome in some way shape or form. Once I understood this then reading the vast majority of Revelations made a lot more sense.
May 18 2023 04:59am
Quote (CPK001 @ May 18 2023 10:34pm)

Did you know that Revelations was written to the 7 Churches in Rome? Did you know that Rome was very hostile to Christianity and so the Churches had it very tough? So when the letters are written to the 7 Churches they talk about Rome. But who else is going to read those letters? What do you think happens if they find out they were the ones being written about?

So when the letters are written they had to hide the fact they were talking about Rome. For example the 7 headed dragon represents the 7 hills of Rome. Here's a word for you to learn: obfuscation.

Next time you read Revelations consider about how each beast represents Rome in some way shape or form. Once I understood this then reading the vast majority of Revelations made a lot more sense.

Did you know you are coping?

Just because I post a meme or a thought with a good point doesn't make it less valid. You literally copy paste bible like a mindless drone you have 0 business telling others about thoughts lol.
Gold: 0.00
May 18 2023 05:43am
Quote (addone @ May 18 2023 08:59pm)
Did you know you are coping?

Just because I post a meme or a thought with a good point doesn't make it less valid. You literally copy paste bible like a mindless drone you have 0 business telling others about thoughts lol.

See how effective it is that you still don't understand Revelations even though it was explained to you? You literally dodged it, again.

Even you in all your so called "logic and philosophy" fails to understand a lot about the Bible. Because you don't have the Holy Spirit, you are incapable of understanding.

I could explain anything else and you'd understand but when it comes to the Bible, you just cannot seem to grasp scripture and its meaning.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 18 2023 05:47am
Quote (CPK001 @ 18 May 2023 12:34)
Matthew 28:16-20
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Seems like you care about all those people that haven't heard the Gospel. That's great! Will you now, in response, go and support those Missionaries who go to those desolate and hostile places to preach the Gospel?
There's a site for "opendoors.org.au" where you can go and get involved and support those very people. I mean, surely you are not going to be part of the problem but part of the solution. Am I right?.

In bold:
- Sounds like some kind of Islamic Jihad equivalent to me. We know the results, and we know that advanced and secular countries are not following this dangerous path
- Reciprocally: Poor areas are those getting the conversion, because these people lost so many hopes they want to believe in something... This is a predatory approach.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1118119120121122307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll