d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev11181191201211221036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 27 2020 12:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 27 2020 03:42am)
Yeah, if the polls dont start going in the other direction within the next 2 weeks, now that the immediate wave of protests over George Floyd/police violence is fizzling out, then he really needs to engage in a dramatic course correction.
At this rate, Biden can directly move from his basement into the White House without even hitting the campaign trail.

Trump is doubling down on the culture war and he's definitely on the wrong side here. Granted, it's possible that radical libs overplay their hand and do something stupid like deface Mt. Rushmore.

One thing that could save Trump is success during a crisis. For instance, if there is a hurricane that ravages Florida and Georgia, Trump could have FEMA ready to go. Americans have an incredibly short memory and WANT the President to succeed.

Quote (Skinned @ Jun 27 2020 04:41am)
Elections matter and polls are mostly garbage, I'm sorry, but their methodology sucks, and a lot of people who support Trump will not say so because of the image that goes with it, because 'its none of their damm business', and the anti-positivism of the population in general.

Biden can't do what hillary did and win. Trump is out and he has vitality. Biden 50/50 will know whats going on when they drop the balloons on him in a empty room to accept the nomination based on the time of day.

Biden's base isn't fired up. I'll probably vote for Jo, who has a mix of left wing and right wing ideas, which beat suits me.

I believe that married gay couples should be able to defend their marijuana gardens (on their property) with guns guns guns....so she is cool with me.

One of my best friends refuses to do the lesser of two evils thing and he said "i just don't want to help someone i don't like". A lot of people won't vote.

Ooof, there's so much wrong with this post and it's very unlike you. I have to imagine that you're just really jaded right now for whatever reason. The best campaign strategy at the moment is to raise money and stay out of the news if your opponent is self-imploding. Biden out raised Trump last month! You want your star RB/QB to risk injury/turnovers when the opposing team is throwing interceptions left and right. That's not surprising though...you're either a Browns or Bengals fan so you don't know what it's like to have a good game plan.

Biden's base is VERY fired up. They want Trump GONE. We live in an era of extreme negative partisanship. You don't need to vote FOR someone, you just need to make sure the other person doesn't get any power. Republicans win elections because they do their duty and vote AGAINST Democrats. Now the shoe is on the other foot and Democrats are falling in line. It's amusing that you think people are "ashamed" to voice their support for Trump too. The guy has sky high numbers within his own party. Polling has evolved since 2016, you're just not paying attention.

As for Biden not knowing what's going on, did you see Trump completely bomb his interview on Hannity? Did you see Trump completely undermine his staff by saying that he "wasn't kidding" about wanting to stop COVID testing b/c it would "help the numbers?" Give me a fucking break. Biden will say stupid shit, go on tangents, etc. But he at least understands POLICY. The guy wrote bills for 35 fucking years and did a lot of heavy lifting while he was VP for 8 years. Biden can run circles around Trump when it comes to substance. Granted, Americans don't CARE about substance so it's very possible that you're right that Americans will feel safer with Trump. However, between racial justice and COVID, Americans are extremely unsatisfied with Trump. That's what's driving the poll numbers.

Also, LOL @ you voting for Jo. People on PaRD have written posts with more detailed visions for the country. I've seen you defend unions, government funding healthcare, etc. You're a leftist at heart and it's laughable that you would consider voting Libertarian. A lot of people on PaRD SHOULD vote for Jo (Santara, cam, etc.) But you? That's like Ghot voting for Jill Stein.

People who refuse to do the lesser of two evils thing are privileged. Their lives won't change regardless of who is President. Unfortunately, until we have ranked choice voting and/or multi-member districts, we're stuck with a two party system where our views won't be represented. On the "I Side With" quizzes, my highest ranked candidate was less than 80% and he got less than 1% of the vote. I probably match up 55% with Biden at best and I'm in the low 40s for the next closest. I'd rather have 55% than 40% though because good luck changing the system any time soon.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 27 2020 01:09pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 27 2020 01:54pm)
Ooof, there's so much wrong with this post and it's very unlike you. I have to imagine that you're just really jaded right now for whatever reason. The best campaign strategy at the moment is to raise money and stay out of the news if your opponent is self-imploding. Biden out raised Trump last month! You want your star RB/QB to risk injury/turnovers when the opposing team is throwing interceptions left and right. That's not surprising though...you're either a Browns or Bengals fan so you don't know what it's like to have a good game plan.

As Sun Tzu said, never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake. Trump is constant mistakes so Biden never needs to interrupt him.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jun 27 2020 01:10pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 27 2020 01:47pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 27 Jun 2020 21:09)
As Sun Tzu said, never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake. Trump is constant mistakes so Biden never needs to interrupt him.

I dont even think that this is it. Trump also made tons of mistakes during the 2016 campaign, he made lots of mistake during his first 3 years in office. It never sunk him the way he's sinking now.
What imho really makes the difference at the moment is that 1.) he's not able to provide any 'wins' to his base, and 2.) this time everybody is affected by his blunders.

When he's doing a disastrous press conference with Putin in Helsinki, or signing a tax bill that will be a net negative for middle class americans in a couple of years, ordinary voters dont understand what's going on and wouldnt care anyway. They also largely dont care about Trump shitting on the press or violating unwritten norms.

They do care though when they themselves are put at risk of contracting covid because the government is unable to patch together any kind of coherent, responsible response. They do care when race riots are sweeping across cities and the president is completely unable to say anything constructive about it; when he instead adds even more fuel to the fire.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 27 2020 01:50pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 27 2020 01:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 27 2020 02:47pm)
I dont even think that this is it. Trump also made tons of mistakes during the 2016 campaign, he made lots of mistake during his first 3 years in office. It never sunk him the way he's sinking now.
What imho really makes the difference at the moment is that 1.) he's not able to provide any 'wins' to his base, and 2.) this time everybody is affected by his blunders.

When he's doing a disastrous press conference with Putin in Helsinki, or signing a tax bill that will be a net negative for middle class americans in a couple of years, ordinary voters dont understand what's going on and wouldnt care anyway. They also largely dont care about Trump shitting on the press or violating unwritten norms.

They do care though when they themselves are put at risk of contracting covid because the government is unable to patch together any kind of coherent, responsible response. They do care when race riots are sweeping across cities and the president is completely unable to say anything constructive about it; when he instead adds even more fuel to the fire.

I'm not saying Trump is going to win or lose. It's just good practice to not interrupt your opponent while they are messing up in anything.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 27 2020 01:57pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 27 Jun 2020 21:51)
I'm not saying Trump is going to win or lose. It's just good practice to not interrupt your opponent while they are messing up in anything.

Sure. Like I said, at this rate, Biden wont even have to campaign.

I still felt it worth pointing out that Trump committing mistakes has in the past not been sufficient for him to lose, and tried to pin down what's different this time around. ;)
Gold: 13,704.02
Jun 29 2020 06:57am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 26 2020 06:22pm)
Most industrialized countries didn't have a great response, at least in the west. Several industrialized countries however are doing fine. Germany is doing good, so is South Korea. The worse your response the more you have to meet the problem with blunt-force by reducing movement and therefore remove the workforce.

I don't buy that everybody would have gone and said Trump was going authoritarian. The left isn't the right, where the right openly admits to stopping the left's policies for no other reason than they are held by the left. This is just projection lol

The president's numbers would undoubtedly go down in any crisis, Trump's problem is he's not done anything to raise his numbers even when times were great, and then he took every single wrong turn when times got tough. Your statement about Obama being able to print his way out of the problem is very very false. The world is littered with fallen empires that tried to print their way out of a recession.

Why would he get covered the same way as Trump? Trump goes out of his way to attack the media, doesn't apologize, openly attacks all critics, and is generally uncivil and unapologetic no matter what mistakes he makes. When Biden makes a mistake he gets called out and apologizes. How long did it take for him to apologize over the "you aint black" comments? a day? Do you really think the media should call out Joe who apologizes and walks back when he makes a mistake, and someone who embraces his mistakes and never shows any sign that he's learned from them?

I just read the transcript. No apology was had, but he did try to "clarify" his racist comments. He clearly isn't saying what he said was wrong, he's saying the clear and obvious interpretation of his statement (racism and assumption of black support)is wrong.

And to answer your other point, I'd expect the media to cover Biden, Trump, and any other presidential hopeful the exact same way. I'd challenge you to show me a few examples of when you actually think Joe embraced a mistake and apologized. Politicians of either faction RARELY do this. They deflect, dodge, spin, etc.

The mainstream media would treat Trump the same way regardless of his approach to dealing with them. Remember Bush? He was as polite and calm as can be - still got the same treatment.

Easy stuff here.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 29 2020 08:00am
Quote (djman72 @ 29 Jun 2020 08:57)
I just read the transcript. No apology was had, but he did try to "clarify" his racist comments. He clearly isn't saying what he said was wrong, he's saying the clear and obvious interpretation of his statement (racism and assumption of black support)is wrong.

And to answer your other point, I'd expect the media to cover Biden, Trump, and any other presidential hopeful the exact same way. I'd challenge you to show me a few examples of when you actually think Joe embraced a mistake and apologized. Politicians of either faction RARELY do this. They deflect, dodge, spin, etc.

The mainstream media would treat Trump the same way regardless of his approach to dealing with them. Remember Bush? He was as polite and calm as can be - still got the same treatment.

Easy stuff here.

privileged lefties get to do fake apologies for bonafide racism and the media gives them cover. it’s just par for the course

Biden wielded political power to push legislation that was entirely for locking up thousands of black males each year and permanently separate thousands of minority families. Trump passes legislation to undo some of this damage, and lefties/media are still are giving Biden passes for telling minorities “they aint minorities”
Gold: 0.00
Jun 29 2020 03:09pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 29 2020 07:00am)
privileged lefties get to do fake apologies for bonafide racism and the media gives them cover. it’s just par for the course

Biden wielded political power to push legislation that was entirely for locking up thousands of black males each year and permanently separate thousands of minority families. Trump passes legislation to undo some of this damage, and lefties/media are still are giving Biden passes for telling minorities “they aint minorities”

Not really sure you’re going to convince anyone to turn from Biden to Trump on the racism issue.. you might want to try a new issue.
Gold: 40.69
Jun 29 2020 07:21pm
hopefully joe wins
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 29 2020 07:39pm
Quote (Bruin @ Jun 29 2020 09:21pm)
hopefully joe wins

Hes a spineless puppet and has dementia. God save us if he wins.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11181191201211221036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll