d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1117811791180118111821258Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Sep 25 2024 06:43am
Quote (zorzin @ 25 Sep 2024 13:20)
Hezbollah ‘fires first ballistic missile’ at Tel Aviv
Israel’s military said it was the “first time ever” that a missile fired by Hezbollah had reached the Tel Aviv area before it was intercepted by its air defences. It reported no injuries from the attack.
Israeli warplanes, meanwhile, pounded villages in southern Lebanon for a third day as part of ‘Operation Northern Arrows’, which Lebanese officials said has killed at least 569 and forced hundreds of thousands from their homes.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/09/25/israel-hamas-war-latest-news-hezbollah-64/

The only question now is: will uncle sam get dragged into this mess? Cause iran has done everything in its power not to get the states involved. Iran/hezz benefits more from this back and forth style fighting and while the Israeli airstrikes have been effective, only boots on the ground will be able to permanently stop Hezbollah from firing missles at tel aviv.

The IDF is preparing southern Lebanon for an invasion. Once the invasion begins, we will not stop until all areas south of Litani River are cleared, giving them a very short window to comply

In this regard, two additional brigades are being mobilized alongside the existing forces, indicating our intent for a swift and decisive operation.

Quote (Prox1m1ty @ 25 Sep 2024 14:06)
Yeah Hezbollah really out there benefitting right now :thumbsup:

Israel is going to force Hezbollah into a terrible position for negotiation. Iran is not going to come to Hezbollahs aid and risk being wiped off the map.
If Iran goes to war with Israel openly, or the US the Iranian people are ready and waiting to overthrow the Mullahs, count on it.

Irans regional Shia sphere of influence is built on pillars of sand, and its rapidly collapsing.

I add:
Hezbollah made a fatal mistake. Nasrallah misjudged the resolve of Israel and its citizens.

Veteran Lebanese journalist Ali Hamadeh published an article on Monday in the “Al-Nahar” newspaper, reflecting on all of Nasrallah’s miscalculations:

1. The initial assessment was that Israel would not engage in a prolonged war in Gaza, but it has, and it continues to fight.
2. Another expectation was that the world would turn against Israel and impose a blockade due to the 'massacre' in Gaza, but Israel completed the operation and continues its actions.
3. Nasrallah believed that Hezbollah's missiles would enforce a mutual deterrence equation that would prevent escalation against the organization. However, Israel has killed more than 500 fighters, including high-ranking members.
4. Israel forced Iranian advisors to flee Lebanon and Syria, destroyed the Iranian consulate in central Damascus, and struck Hezbollah's stronghold in Dahiya.
5. Israel will continue because its war option is not political but existential, which is why 62% of Israelis support a comprehensive war against Hezbollah.
6. Hezbollah, pushed by Iran, made a grave — and possibly fatal — mistake by failing to read the situation correctly. As a result, it now finds itself in a battle for survival rather than supporting Hamas.

This post was edited by Many_Names on Sep 25 2024 07:03am
Gold: 7,299.90
Sep 25 2024 07:38am
Quote (Many_Names @ Sep 25 2024 05:43am)
The IDF is preparing southern Lebanon for an invasion. Once the invasion begins, we will not stop until all areas south of Litani River are cleared, giving them a very short window to comply

In this regard, two additional brigades are being mobilized alongside the existing forces, indicating our intent for a swift and decisive operation.

I add:
Hezbollah made a fatal mistake. Nasrallah misjudged the resolve of Israel and its citizens.

Veteran Lebanese journalist Ali Hamadeh published an article on Monday in the “Al-Nahar” newspaper, reflecting on all of Nasrallah’s miscalculations:

1. The initial assessment was that Israel would not engage in a prolonged war in Gaza, but it has, and it continues to fight.
2. Another expectation was that the world would turn against Israel and impose a blockade due to the 'massacre' in Gaza, but Israel completed the operation and continues its actions.
3. Nasrallah believed that Hezbollah's missiles would enforce a mutual deterrence equation that would prevent escalation against the organization. However, Israel has killed more than 500 fighters, including high-ranking members.
4. Israel forced Iranian advisors to flee Lebanon and Syria, destroyed the Iranian consulate in central Damascus, and struck Hezbollah's stronghold in Dahiya.
5. Israel will continue because its war option is not political but existential, which is why 62% of Israelis support a comprehensive war against Hezbollah.
6. Hezbollah, pushed by Iran, made a grave — and possibly fatal — mistake by failing to read the situation correctly. As a result, it now finds itself in a battle for survival rather than supporting Hamas.

Lets hope you are right and Hezbollah did not have insurances made by their allies Like Iran and other supporting armies that could add up ...Because it could be Israel's mistake's that end up to be more costly. Israel going always have another enemy in the region to escalate with.. :unsure:
Gold: 11.11
Sep 25 2024 11:00am
Quote (Many_Names @ Sep 25 2024 08:43am)
The IDF is preparing southern Lebanon for an invasion.
In this regard, two additional brigades are being mobilized alongside the existing forces, indicating our intent for a swift and decisive operation

It does look like an israeli assault into south Lebanon is imminent. I would imagine that the israeli air force will dominate and render hezz's manpads ineffective initially but hezbollahs potential retaliatory strike via missles (they have scuds now) could be catastrophic for israel.

I also feel that syria/iraq/yemen will start lobbing alot more at israel if things kick off. This is a very dangerous position to be in but the one thing going for israel is that this wont be a forever war with the intention of "nation-building" afterwards, this will be israel just destroying actual military targets/personnel and leaving.

I genuinely hope that the idf can regain some of its lost prowess by fighting hezbollah because imo, they havent been effective in gaza at all. Stay safe bro!
Gold: 580.00
Sep 25 2024 02:06pm
Quote (zorzin @ 25 Sep 2024 20:00)
It does look like an israeli assault into south Lebanon is imminent. I would imagine that the israeli air force will dominate and render hezz's manpads ineffective initially but hezbollahs potential retaliatory strike via missles (they have scuds now) could be catastrophic for israel.

I also feel that syria/iraq/yemen will start lobbing alot more at israel if things kick off. This is a very dangerous position to be in but the one thing going for israel is that this wont be a forever war with the intention of "nation-building" afterwards, this will be israel just destroying actual military targets/personnel and leaving.

I genuinely hope that the idf can regain some of its lost prowess by fighting hezbollah because imo, they havent been effective in gaza at all. Stay safe bro!

To clarify, I didn’t say an Israeli invasion is imminent, but that preparations are underway, with two brigades being drafted for a swift and decisive action.

Hezbollah’s rockets have caused limited damage, with only a small percentage reaching civilian areas, while most are intercepted or fall in open spaces. Syria poses minimal threat, and countries like Yemen and Iraq are not significant dangers either. The IDF regained its strength by decimating Hezbollah’s leadership, and over 900 Radwan fighters have been killed and more than 2000 are injured.
We are safe—thank you.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2024 02:31pm
Quote (zorzin @ Sep 25 2024 12:00pm)

2 narratives lately have made me chuckle:

1. hezz fired missiles into israel in the hopes it would ease tensions by showing off their new toys (instead it caused israel to basically declare war against them, OOPS!)

2. the IDF isnt effective in gaza (meanwhile the deathtoll is in every discussion and the country is basically rubble, hard to be more effective unless they committed an african genocide)
Gold: 19,381.95
Sep 25 2024 02:45pm
Israel is getting real ambitious with the land-grabbing, the occupation army will figure out very soon that fighting an actual military is much different than blowing up women and kids from hundreds of miles away
Gold: 500.00
Sep 25 2024 03:17pm
Can we agree the pager attack was an act of terrorism even if it was targeting terrorists?
Gold: 2,075.69
Sep 25 2024 03:18pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 25 2024 02:17pm)
Can we agree the pager attack was an act of terrorism even if it was targeting terrorists?

That makes it not terrorism by definition

So no
Gold: 2,195.46
Sep 25 2024 03:20pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 25 2024 05:17pm)

even tho they've been firing rockets for months?
Gold: 500.00
Sep 25 2024 03:21pm
Quote (El1te @ Sep 25 2024 05:18pm)
That makes it not terrorism by definition

So no

There was a non trivial amount of civilian injuries afaik

Quote (Jupe @ Sep 25 2024 05:20pm)
even tho they've been firing rockets for months?

My understanding is that the Lebanese civilians aren't able to get rid of hezbollahs presence in the country

This post was edited by duffman316 on Sep 25 2024 03:24pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1117811791180118111821258Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll