d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1113114115116117173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 226.37
May 2 2019 05:05pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 2 2019 05:22pm)
Bogie... you've become a very dishonest person if you genuinely get that take away from my post.

I feel like I've come out of a time warp and you've all gone insane.
Gold: 260.11
May 2 2019 05:08pm
Quote (bogie160 @ May 2 2019 05:05pm)
I feel like I've come out of a time warp and you've all gone insane.

Maybe you should read my post again, and go back a few pages where I specifically say I dont think collusion happened. I have never, ever, said I think that Trump engaged in collusion, criminal conspiracy, whatever language you want to use. That has never, since day 1, been my stance.

I was clarifying Muellers stance, not making a stance of my own or supporting one position over the other.

Youve stopped reading for content.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 2 2019 05:10pm
Gold: 226.37
May 2 2019 05:18pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 2 2019 05:35pm)
Accepting dirt from a person as part of a hostile foreign government's plan to help your campaign is collusion. And if you accept it as part of a quid-pro-quo, it probably violates conspiracy laws.

The NYT as a whole is biased to the left, as is WaPo and others, but why throw the baby out with the bath water? They consistently have the best scoops. That's evident when you read the Mueller report... because we already knew most of what's in it(because of NYT/WaPo/NBC/etc).

I don't know why more right-wingers can't be nuanced about journalism. Ignoring the best journalists in the country because the papers as a whole are mean to conservatives makes no sense.

Neither of those things happened.

That Russia did it to hurt her, and that it benefits Trump that they're released, does not implicate Trump in collusion.

If the Russians were to say "We have evidence Clinton laundered money", it certainly wouldn't be criminal to listen.
Gold: 22,164.69
May 2 2019 05:52pm
Quote (IceMage @ May 2 2019 04:35pm)
Accepting dirt from a person as part of a hostile foreign government's plan to help your campaign is collusion.

On that note Icemage, new story is breaking:
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/441892-ukrainian-embassy-confirms-dnc-contractor-solicited-trump-dirt-in-2016

full account from the Ukrainian Embassy claims that they didn't solicit the DNC to pass them the Manafort ledger, but it was the other way around- the DNC actively solicited the ledger from them;

In written answers to questions, Ambassador Valeriy Chaly's office says DNC contractor Alexandra Chalupa sought information from the Ukrainian government on Paul Manafort’s dealings inside the country, in hopes of forcing the issue before Congress.

Chalupa later tried to arrange for Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to comment on Manafort’s Russian ties on a U.S. visit during the 2016 campaign, the ambassador said.

Chaly says that, at the time of the contacts in 2016, the embassy knew Chalupa primarily as a Ukrainian-American activist, and learned only later of her ties to the DNC. He says the embassy considered her requests an inappropriate solicitation of interference in the U.S. election.

“The Embassy got to know Ms. Chalupa because of her engagement with Ukrainian and other diasporas in Washington D.C., and not in her DNC capacity. We’ve learned about her DNC involvement later,” Chaly said in a statement issued by his embassy. “We were surprised to see Alexandra’s interest in Mr. Paul Manafort’s case. It was her own cause. The Embassy representatives unambiguously refused to get involved in any way, as we were convinced that this is a strictly U.S. domestic matter.

“All ideas floated by Alexandra were related to approaching a Member of Congress with a purpose to initiate hearings on Paul Manafort or letting an investigative journalist ask President Poroshenko a question about Mr. Manafort during his public talk in Washington, D.C.,” the ambassador explained.

Reached by phone last week, Chalupa said she was too busy to talk. She did not respond to email and phone messages seeking subsequent comment.

Chaly’s written answers mark the most direct acknowledgement by Ukraine’s government that an American tied to the Democratic Party sought the country’s help in the 2016 election, and they confirm the main points of a January 2017 story by Politico on Chalupa’s efforts.

In that story, the embassy was broadly quoted as denying interference in the election and suggested Chalupa’s main reason for contacting the ambassador’s office was to organize an event celebrating women leaders.

The fresh statement comes several months after a Ukrainian court ruled that the country’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU), closely aligned with the U.S. embassy in Kiev, and a parliamentarian named Serhiy Leshchenko wrongly interfered in the 2016 American election by releasing documents related to Manafort.

The acknowledgement by Kiev’s embassy, plus newly released testimony, suggests the Ukrainian efforts to influence the U.S. election had some intersections in Washington as well.

Of course, the fact that the Ukrainian embassy denies any involvement and 'unambiguously refused to get involved in any way', is belied by the fact that the ukrainian Manafort ledger was promptly released by the DNC after that solicitation.
So given that they're obviously lying, it calls into question their denial of who was soliciting who, but hey its a bit of finger-pointing nonetheless, and an admission that there was an inappropriate relationship between the DNC and Ukraine.
Gold: 57.00
May 2 2019 06:33pm
well now the “breaking news” is that the (D) party is unhappy with having to read the Mueller report and that he isn’t pleased with how the media is conveying it, so the House Judiciary Committee is trying to strongarm him into testifying.

aka he will read the report for them and they will call him a “hitler-loving russian-compromised reich-winger”. sound familiar? *LAUGH OUT LOUD*
Gold: 285.00
May 2 2019 06:42pm
Quote (bogie160 @ May 2 2019 06:18pm)
Neither of those things happened.

That Russia did it to hurt her, and that it benefits Trump that they're released, does not implicate Trump in collusion.

If the Russians were to say "We have evidence Clinton laundered money", it certainly wouldn't be criminal to listen.

It might be to set up a meeting with your family to try to trade favors for such information when you're running for president maybe?

Quote (excellence @ May 2 2019 07:33pm)
well now the “breaking news” is that the (D) party is unhappy with having to read the Mueller report and that he isn’t pleased with how the media is conveying it, so the House Judiciary Committee is trying to strongarm him into testifying.

aka he will read the report for them and they will call him a “hitler-loving russian-compromised reich-winger”. sound familiar? *LAUGH OUT LOUD*

Funny thing is that Mueller isn't happy with how his report is being portrayed and is criticizing the guy Trump hired to say he is innocent.

Should have let the investigation just go public, get it over with. Truth will set him free. He will remain a prisoner.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 2 2019 06:44pm
Gold: 57.00
May 2 2019 06:50pm
Quote (Skinned @ 2 May 2019 20:42)
It might be to set up a meeting with your family to try to trade favors for such information when you're running for president maybe?

Funny thing is that Mueller isn't happy with how his report is being portrayed and is criticizing the guy Trump hired to say he is innocent.

Should have let the investigation just go public, get it over with. Truth will set him free. He will remain a prisoner of his deceptions.

Nixon/Reagan all over.

Mueller criticized the media
“When Barr pressed him whether he thought Barr’s letter was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not, but felt that the media coverage of the letter was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.”

even wapo and nyslimes had to report this, but you dont read or watch anything in reality just control-c and control-v whatever buzzfeed typed up for you. typical of math, election, and reality-denying privileged lefties

keep crying about President Reagan and President Trump it’s hysterical
Gold: 285.00
May 2 2019 06:55pm
Quote (excellence @ May 2 2019 07:50pm)
Mueller criticized the media

http://magaimg.net/img/7vs9.jpg
http://magaimg.net/img/7vsb.jpg

even wapo and nyslimes had to report this, but you dont read or watch anything in reality just control-c and control-v whatever buzzfeed typed up for you. typical of math, election, and reality-denying privileged lefties

keep crying about President Reagan and President Trump it’s hysterical

Are you serious? Did you just post a screen shot of a phone looking at washington post? You are a fucking idiot sometimes. I'll see you after suspension cuckheart.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 3 2019 12:11am
Quote (Skinned @ 3 May 2019 02:55)
Are you serious? Did you just post a screen shot of a phone looking at washington post? You are a fucking idiot sometimes. I'll see you after suspension cuckheart.

I think the bigger story is that there really is a site called "MAGAimg.net"...

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 3 2019 12:12am
Gold: 17,384.69
May 3 2019 04:11am
About 10 percent of the special counsel's 448-page report is blacked out.

very nice "view"/chart of the redacted job

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/19/us/politics/redacted-mueller-report.html

Something is wrong regarding the obstruction part, and conclusion.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1113114115116117173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll