d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1113511361137113811391168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 5 2024 09:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 5 2024 08:08pm)
Hamas literally went medieval on its victims...

Medieval is sugar coating it even, this stuff was Old Testament
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 5 2024 09:20pm
Quote (El1te @ 6 Aug 2024 05:09)
Medieval is sugar coating it even, this stuff was Old Testament

What's also remarkable is how proud Hamas was of its atrocities, displayed them publicly, for the whole world to see. Even the Nazis had the decency to hide their extermination camps in some remote places and tried covering up their crimes toward the end of ww2. Even they were consciously or subconsciously ashamed of their crimes, or at least aware of how uncivilized they would be in the eyes of the rest of the world.

But then again, judging by the global outpouring of support, Hamas seems to have read its intended audience very well. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 5 2024 09:21pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2024 10:32pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Aug 6 2024 03:37am)
I worded my question poorly in my prior post, so I can see why people might have this response. Let me reframe: Where is the 'mistake' that 10/7 is in with regards to the the chain of analysis from Israel's perspective? Is it in not having the intelligence info, or in responding/making decisions about that intelligence info?

The Israeli media is talking about the “conception” from day one.
It’s a lot to explain and of course people can debate on each element but the main objectives that we (Israelis) can agree on:
1. Looking back you can always find the signs for the attack and think “how could we miss that?” There were watchers alerted about hamas training. They were silent. The chief of intelligence said it on camera, Hamas is deterred and will not act in the next five years.
2. Hamas was smart using small steps of exploiting the Israeli side desire to be left alone. In the last 10 years , about 30K of Gazans workers were allowed to work in Israel. Israel saw that as a sign of advancement towards something while those individuals provided hamas with intelligence.
3. The intelligence failure and conception about Gaza goes deeper than 10/7 events. When the first American generals came to Israel after 10/7 they were shocked to discover that Israel didn’t even prepared plans of attacking Gaza (prior to 7/10) what kind of country that lives next to an enemy doesn’t have plans of invading ? The attack on Gaza should have been started several days after the attack but instead it took place only at 10/27 because they had to prepare the attack and train the forces..
4. Our chiefs of staff , started at 2002, believed that the age of great wars is over and Israel should maintain a small but sophisticated army. So they started to cut down the funding, cancelling units. The Israeli army became smaller.

That’s the tip of the iceberg..
Gold: 11.11
Aug 9 2024 09:35am
Speculation time:

Iran wants to bomb Israel (but is afraid of getting sent back to the stone age by the IAF)
Russia says if you don't attack Israel directly well give you those su-35s and s400s to counter the Israelis. (And both parties can arm the shit out of irgc proxies)
Iran decideds to bargain with israel: Iran won't attack if Israel agrees to a ceasefire.
Russia restores law and order in the ME, while uncle sam continues to lose ground in syria.

Believable? Or just straight propaganda?
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 9 2024 05:51pm
Quote (zorzin @ 9 Aug 2024 17:35)
Speculation time:

Iran wants to bomb Israel (but is afraid of getting sent back to the stone age by the IAF)
Russia says if you don't attack Israel directly well give you those su-35s and s400s to counter the Israelis. (And both parties can arm the shit out of irgc proxies)
Iran decideds to bargain with israel: Iran won't attack if Israel agrees to a ceasefire.
Russia restores law and order in the ME, while uncle sam continues to lose ground in syria.

Believable? Or just straight propaganda?

Imho, Iran needs to hit back in at least some kind of symbolic form to save face. Brokering a ceasefire would still not be enough. But it's imho looking increasingly likely that Iran's response will be muted and symbolic, rather than a huge attack which inflicts genuine damage on Israel and leads to further escalation.

This reminds me of when Trump had general Soleimani blown to shreds. Iran was furious and embarrassed, vowed a fiery response, but then didn't.
Aug 10 2024 07:20pm
Footage of the aftermath filmed by CNN showed parts of an explosive device that Trevor Ball, a former US Army explosive ordnance disposal technician, confirmed were from a GBU-39 small diameter bomb.

According to weapons expert Chris Cobb Smith, the GBU-39, which is manufactured by Boeing, is a high-precision munition “designed to attack strategically important point targets” while causing low collateral damage.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/10/middleeast/israeli-school-strike-gaza-intl-hnk/index.html

Use on hezz, not hospitals lol.
Gold: 109,989.69
Aug 10 2024 08:48pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 9 2024 06:51pm)
Imho, Iran needs to hit back in at least some kind of symbolic form to save face. Brokering a ceasefire would still not be enough. But it's imho looking increasingly likely that Iran's response will be muted and symbolic, rather than a huge attack which inflicts genuine damage on Israel and leads to further escalation.

This reminds me of when Trump had general Soleimani blown to shreds. Iran was furious and embarrassed, vowed a fiery response, but then didn't.

They fired ballistic missiles on a base in Iraq I think, then a couple of years after trump leaves office we learn that he lied about nobody being injured in the attack.
That in fact there were 23 service members on full disability from traumatic brain injuries.
As well as the attack ultimately resulting in the deaths of 173 people when Iran show down a commercial airliner.
Aug 13 2024 03:47pm
The U.S. has approved $20 billion in arms sales to Israel
Congress was notified of the impending sale, which includes more than 50 F-15 fighter jets, Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles, or AMRAAMs, 120 mm tank ammunition and high explosive mortars and tactical vehicles and comes at a time of intense concern that Israel may become involved in a wider Middle East war.

However, the weapons are not expected to get to Israel anytime soon, they are contracts that will take years to fulfill. Much of what is being sold is to help Israel increase its military capability in the long term.
https://apnews.com/article/israel-gaza-20-billion-weapons-us-aid-b6a99129c88a5dcc4a4753e20b5e19ec
Gold: 751.50
Aug 15 2024 05:30pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 6 2024 05:08am)
Hamas literally went medieval on its victims...

there is a reason this one british historian (douglas murray i believe), who watched the uncensored footage, said that hamas did make SS killer squadrons look like civilized people
Gold: 1.00
Aug 16 2024 09:10am
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/gaza-airstrike-twins-1.7294710

A nice precision strike. Must have been very deadly 4 day old babies to precision strike them and their mother.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1113511361137113811391168Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll