d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev1113011311132113311341170Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 1 2024 12:53am
https://x.com/nypost/status/1818758573419073845

Its quite the juxtaposition that on the same week that Israel killed the leader of Hamas and the #2 in command of Hezbollah, the masterminds of multiple terrorist attacks, the Biden administration decided to end the Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial after decades of being slow rolled, giving them the plea deal that every previous administration and prosecutor and judges all refused to do because of the bad optics. The same plea deal that was announced and withdrawn and postponed and scuttled multiple times, leaving KSM in permanent limbo awaiting his death by natural causes until finally Biden decides to pull the plug right at the same time Israel is actually eliminating the terrorists they gun for.

Well I guess Joe can notch this one under his belt. Obama took out Osama Bin Laden, Trump took out Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi and Qassem Soleimani, and Biden gave a plea deal to Khalid Sheik Mohammed :bouncy:
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 1 2024 01:16am
Maybe that's Biden-world's revenge for the DNC forcing them to drop out. "Fine, if you turn me into a lame duck president, I'm gonna act like one."
Watch out for that Hunter pardon. :lol:
Aug 1 2024 04:41am
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-08-01/ty-article-live/irans-leader-reportedly-orders-direct-attack-on-israel-in-response-to-haniyehs-killing/00000191-0b96-dc1a-a1b7-1bfe53f00000

Israel has now additionally 'confirmed' and claimed credit for killing Mohammed Deif, one of the three top leaders of Hamas next to Haniyeh and Sinwar, and one of the main planners of the October 7th attack
It was already reported but unconfirmed that Deif had been killed so this isn't exactly new, but they waited until now to confirm it. After the airstrike on Khan Yunis his building was destroyed but apparently the body wasn't recovered by the IDF since it was hostile territory, so they weren't immediately sure it got him. But either they have non-public intel like spying on Hamas communications, or they just decided he's probably dead and wanted to pile onto the other two confirmed killings. I'd say its unlikely he pops back up in a few weeks.
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 1 2024 08:12am
Quote (zorzin @ Jul 31 2024 06:25pm)
In terms of quality/quantity with war tested results, I still stand by my statement.

Russia mogs Iran in terms of quality
China's (potential) quantity is unrivaled.

But Iran (imo) has perfected the perfect balance in order to achieve a regional dominance in the ME. They're giving hypersonics to the houthis and emps to hezz on an ever-increasing scale. Their arsenal of different missle types is vast and we've got to see them in action (no theoretical performance debates).

This isn't to say that Iran achieved this because their engineers/scientists are the best in the world, it's simply because after the war of the twin cities against iraq(or w/e it was called) some higher-ups decided that Iran would dedicate all her resources to pursue missle technology and this has payed off dividends. Iran is stuck with virtually zero boomer-legacy weapons (aircraft carriers/tanks/anything that dones like) and instead pursued things like mrbms that get fired on "train tracks" deep underground that operates like a freaking conveyor belt.

Russia/China/America does not have the luxury of not playing superpower and abandoning their conventional toys but Iran does and did.

Also, I can't stress enough the variety of Iran's missles and how quickly they developed them; I say this as someone who wants Israel (america) to put a full stop on the irgc proxies who target American bases and Israel willy-nilly.

battle tested is a weak metric imo, look at the franco prussian war. people thought the battle hardened french couldnt be beat, until bismark spanked them and founded the german empire on the back of victory.

now, i dont doubt that they could reach a volume of missiles to assure MAD in the middle east, specifically enough to overwhelm the iron dome with relative ease, but from a simple tech perspective they're just not first class. like i said they're above north korea, even without a nuke, but they're B-tier and they know it. first class weaponry doesnt get used, let alone shipped off to goat herders to lob at israel's dome.

now we just have to hope their strategy of all out war economy works out as well as it did with the soviets. there's a lot of parallels, civil unrest due to economic striff and a fairly homogenous fuel based economy. development of nukes doesnt mean use of nukes in any case, the regime hopefully is as non-suicidal as the kims and just addicted to sabre rattling.
Gold: 11.11
Aug 1 2024 08:12am
Aug 1 2024 09:00am
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/01/world/middleeast/how-hamas-leader-haniyeh-killed-iran-bomb.html

Iran claimed it was an airstrike that killed Haniyeh. That was a bit curious since Tehran is 1000 miles from Israel and the skies would doubtless be monitored by radar, so it would take the kind of low flying long range radar evading drone that NATO is using against Russia to strike that deep without being noticed en route, and then you'd have to wonder how the hell Israel was able to pinpoint kill just Haniyeh with a drone that takes 8+ hours flight time and can't easily loiter.

Now the NYT with their "five unnamed officials" says actually it was a remote controlled bomb, smuggled into Tehran and stashed months in advance into the guesthouse Haniyeh used on this trip. Israel knew Haniyeh used this same guesthouse repeatedly during other trips and set up the bomb to wait for his next trip. This also means other high profile world leaders could have stayed at an Iranian guesthouse with an israeli bomb next to their head and some jew with his finger on the trigger waiting for the right moment.
Aug 1 2024 09:01am
S.J.Res.106 - A joint resolution to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against the Islamic Republic of Iran for threatening the national security of the United States through the development of nuclear weapons.

Lindsey Graham got his wish!
Aug 2 2024 03:07pm
So I was reading an article earlier (never checked its authenticity) that said that sleepy Joe told bibi that he's on his own this time.

And now you have Iranian officials claiming that Iran's gona bomb Israel tonight. (Prob bs)

So, if America allows Iran to target Israel without helping intercept those pesky shaheds, and doesn't retaliate with airstrikes, I believe this to be the greatest American failure in foreign/strategic policy.

Thousands of American lives lost in iraq/Afghanistan; all that to gift wrap the ME to the Iranians. Diversity hires is truly the 8th wonder of the world.
Gold: 32,517.50
Aug 2 2024 03:43pm
Quote (zorzin @ Aug 2 2024 10:07pm)
So I was reading an article earlier (never checked its authenticity) that said that sleepy Joe told bibi that he's on his own this time.

And now you have Iranian officials claiming that Iran's gona bomb Israel tonight. (Prob bs)

So, if America allows Iran to target Israel without helping intercept those pesky shaheds, and doesn't retaliate with airstrikes, I believe this to be the greatest American failure in foreign/strategic policy.

Thousands of American lives lost in iraq/Afghanistan; all that to gift wrap the ME to the Iranians. Diversity hires is truly the 8th wonder of the world.

And back in the real world, I'd say let Iran fuck about and find out.
Aug 2 2024 04:24pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Aug 2 2024 05:43pm)
And back in the real world, I'd say let Iran fuck about and find out.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3860557/deputy-pentagon-press-secretary-sabrina-singh-statement-on-force-posture-in-the/

the Secretary has ordered the USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN Carrier Strike Group to replace the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT Carrier Strike Group
Additionally, Secretary Austin has ordered additional ballistic missile defense-capable cruisers and destroyers to the U.S. European Command and U.S. Central Command regions. The Department is also taking steps to increase our readiness to deploy additional land-based ballistic missile defense.
The Secretary has also ordered the deployment of an additional fighter squadron to the Middle East, reinforcing our defensive air support capability.

These posture adjustments add to the broad range of capabilities the U.S. military maintains in the region, including the USS WASP Amphibious Ready Group / Marine Expeditionary Unit (ARG/MEU) operating in the Eastern Mediterranean.

All the pieces are lining up fam. It seems that the Iranian threat is FINALLY being taken seriously by the diversity hires.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1113011311132113311341170Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll