d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev11121131141151161036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24.06
Jun 25 2020 01:58pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 25 2020 01:44pm)
Yeah, things arent going well for him, and if the election took place next Tuesday, he'd lose in a landslide. He needs to turn things around if he wants to stand a chance, and he needs to do it soon.

Holy crap, I've seen this post before. Like a word for word deja vu moment.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 25 2020 02:00pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 25 2020 02:44pm)
Yeah, things arent going well for him, and if the election took place next Tuesday, he'd lose in a landslide. He needs to turn things around if he wants to stand a chance, and he needs to do it soon.

He's too busy yelling at mayors on twitter to turn anything around. he's also going to have to stay 100% on Biden as a person, rather than his politics, to win imo. if he starts talking about BLM, kneeling, media, etc. i see that going badly, bigly.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 25 2020 02:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 25 2020 04:00pm)
He's too busy yelling at mayors on twitter to turn anything around. he's also going to have to stay 100% on Biden as a person, rather than his politics, to win imo. if he starts talking about BLM, kneeling, media, etc. i see that going badly, bigly.

It's just not easy to maintain the existential threat rhetoric that was levied against Obama and Hillary. Partly because Biden doesn't threaten the dumb white people as much as a black man or shrill woman, and partly because Trump isn't the outsider in this election. He's the guy in charge, so pretending he is the solution for the chaos he is presiding over makes no sense.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 25 2020 02:07pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 25 Jun 2020 21:50)
Fuck I just realized it's already almost July. The election is only like 4 months away.

Yes lol, indeed.
On the other hand... the sooner this pos year is over, the better.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 25 2020 02:19pm
Quote (Landmine @ 25 Jun 2020 15:58)
Holy crap, I've seen this post before. Like a word for word deja vu moment.

Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Jun 2020 16:00)

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 25 Jun 2020 15:44)

yeah those numbers dont look great
as for getting in gear Trump can start here:

between this and the “150 million Americans killed by gun violence” per Biden, our population is now like 50 million

say 50% of this population is voting eligible and a 50% turnout Biden will only need like 6 million votes to win

*LAUGH OUT LOUD*
Jun 25 2020 02:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ 25 Jun 2020 22:06)
It's just not easy to maintain the existential threat rhetoric that was levied against Obama and Hillary. Partly because Biden doesn't threaten the dumb white people as much as a black man or shrill woman, and partly because Trump isn't the outsider in this election. He's the guy in charge, so pretending he is the solution for the chaos he is presiding over makes no sense.

Let's not forget that Trump looked like the clear favorite against Biden as recently as early March. It really were two external crises, the coronavirus pandemic (plus its economic implications) and the George Floyd/BLM thing, that were his undoing.

It's also kinda unfair to blame him for the chaotic protests and the accomanying violence considering he was the one who urged governors and military leaders to quell the unrest, and they refused. He tried everything in his power to restore "law and order", but this issue is ultimately not his to solve, it's on the local and state authorities. Once the protests over Floyd's death boiled over, Trump was fucked. It's a lose-lose situation for him. Similarly, there is nothing he could possibly have done to prevent the coronavirus from wrecking the economy.

Don't get me wrong, Trump did mishandle both crises, and his position would be better without his blunders. But he'd still be underwater.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 25 2020 02:55pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ 25 Jun 2020 21:54)
Trump flu is about to kill off some of his voters in key states

In 4 months some stuff can be done. Churches (america still very religious) in winter, all rural areas, local bars, i dont know in which amount they are using masks inthere.

Trump may want to deliver "the best/awesome/big" paychecks, signed, to grab some popularity back.
Gold: 10.00
Jun 25 2020 02:56pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 25 2020 03:19pm)
yeah those numbers dont look great
as for getting in gear Trump can start here:

https://i.imgur.com/cQfE2Gl.jpg

between this and the “150 million Americans killed by gun violence” per Biden, our population is now like 50 million

say 50% of this population is voting eligible and a 50% turnout Biden will only need like 6 million votes to win

*LAUGH OUT LOUD*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5V8JBHWb0

Leaving you out of the equation, Trump obviously says the more retarded things.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 25 2020 03:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 25 2020 03:30pm)
Let's not forget that Trump looked like the clear favorite against Biden as recently as early March. It really were two external crises, the coronavirus pandemic (plus its economic implications) and the George Floyd/BLM thing, that were his undoing.

It's also kinda unfair to blame him for the chaotic protests and the accomanying violence considering he was the one who urged governors and military leaders to quell the unrest, and they refused. He tried everything in his power to restore "law and order", but this issue is ultimately not his to solve, it's on the local and state authorities. Once the protests over Floyd's death boiled over, Trump was fucked. It's a lose-lose situation for him. Similarly, there is nothing he could possibly have done to prevent the coronavirus from wrecking the economy.

Don't get me wrong, Trump did mishandle both crises, and his position would be better without his blunders. But he'd still be underwater.

I disagree that Trump was the clear favorite. I don't remember a time where this wasn't a toss up in the polls, and regardless that was the very end of the Democrat primary process, so we don't exactly have a clear picture of the full support for Biden at that point anyway.
Jun 25 2020 03:27pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 25 Jun 2020 23:15)
I disagree that Trump was the clear favorite. I don't remember a time where this wasn't a toss up in the polls, and regardless that was the very end of the Democrat primary process, so we don't exactly have a clear picture of the full support for Biden at that point anyway.

Well, the writing was kinda on the wall in early March imho. Trump had survived impeachment, the economy was humming, and the Democratic primaries were unsuccessful at closing the deep divides within the party - Biden was the lowest common denominator, uninspiring, clearly way past his peak, equally gaffe-prone as Trump. It was obvious that extensive campaigning would benefit Trump more than Biden, and that he would again hold an advantage in the electoral college. Polls in early March pointed to a tossup race, but all these underlying factors pointed in Trump's favor.

Then, over night, the economy went to shit, the issue of public health and healthcare became the focus of the political debate (traditionally one of the best issues for Democrats), and Trump's campaign rallies became impossible, while Biden's aides had the perfect excuse to hide his senile ass from the public. And then, just when things started to look marginally better for Trump on the corona-front, the George Floyd murder happened, which was just a lose-lose situation for Trump.

Edit: we do have one strong data point on the scope of support for Biden among Democrats: his inability to clear the field during the primaries. It literally took until the last moment, until Bernie threatened to run away with the nomination, before the party coalesced around him.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 25 2020 03:29pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11121131141151161036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll